BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

7 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I'm a bit unsure on Dolan generally and his role in the team, but not sure saying he didn't play in a particular game (which we lost) really backs up your point. He's definitely not your man as a number 9 when you've reverted to long, direct football. 

My concern is his decision making - constant stupid fouls, lazy offsides, lack of composure. He just looks lost. 

Yep, we agree.

19 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

He just looks lost. 

Ben does look last at the minute.

Dolan on the other hand, he's effective when he's used in his natural position.

He has 10 GA's in 1748 minutes this season. Aka a GorA per 174 mins.

Our other players:
Sam Gallagher: GA per 258 mins
Ben Brereton Díaz: GA per 197 mins
Ryan Hedges: GA per per 278 mins
Sorba Thomas (incl. Hudds): GA per 369 mins
Bradley Dack: GA per 231 mins
Sammie Szmodics: GA per 363 mins

Edited by JoeH

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

Pretty tame.

Lot of fuss about nothing really.

I watched it live having left the Rovers game when Morton came on and just knew shit would happen at Ewood.

The battle of Swansea lasted a good 8 minutes and was pretty impressive.

If all combatants had been red carded the match would have to have been abandoned.

Even Russell got excited and almost put a hair out of place.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

More so than anyone else in the team?

Dolan has 10 GA's in 1748 minutes this season.

Aka a GorA per 174 mins.

Our other players:
Sam Gallagher: GA per 258 mins
Ben Brereton Díaz: GA per 197 mins
Ryan Hedges: GA per per 278 mins
Sorba Thomas (incl. Hudds): GA per 369 mins
Bradley Dack: GA per 231 mins
Sammie Szmodics: GA per 363 mins

I was talking about Diaz's recent form? 

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

The second paragraph is about Diaz - the quote has taken two parts and out of context looks totally different to what I said!

Yep no worries, got you

Just now, JoeH said:

Yep no worries, got you

Very cheeky of him 😀

I actually like Dolan - sometimes he flatters to deceive, but his energy suits our high press perfectly. Decision making is his only question mark - sometimes his feet are brilliant and think him and Szmodics always work well together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dolan ain't a bad player. He has contributed well this year. He isn't the answer to our problems though, but in the squad he's a relatively cheap and hard working second player

I think long term Dolans best position would be as a number 10. He's suffered a little because of his versatility. At times he's played quite well as a false 9, but at other times such as against Coventry he's been absolutely hopeless.

When he has the ball at his feet though it sticks to him like glue, he's so agile he can go either way and has energy to burn so is great at pressing. 

His main weakness is obvious, in that he's so short (though this does give him his agility). His other big weakness is that he's pretty slow at full speed. If he's wide it's easy for a defender to back off and nullify him. 

If played as a 10 he'd need to improve his decision making and final ball. But his talent in possession and being able to go either way would create a lot of space for players to make runs. Play him centrally and he has the potential to be a bit like Illias Chair for QPR who I think is a great player, though he'd have a way to go to reach that level, whilst also having both Dack and Szmodics to oust. 

I wouldn't mind trying Szmodics wide left, Dolan as a 10 with Leonard up top as we've little other option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

For me:

Kaminski in goal - Pears improved but Kaminski more likely to make those key saves.

Defence picks itself injuries apart.  Expect JRC to start (looked more of a fatigue issue).  Hope Pickering back as Brittain dire the other night and looked to have tweaked his hammy.

Midfield - would go with Travis, Wharton and Morton who dominated against Huddersfield.  We need 3 in there.

Up front - we need goals and that HAS to mean Leonard.  It's clear the lad has an eye and a nose for goal and it's also about being in the right place at the right time.  Think Gallagher's season is over the way he pulled up - that was not a mere tweak.  As for Brereton, don't care if I don't see him again -won't be missed.

PNE start favourites and we need to go at them from the start all guns blazing and seize the initiative.

How we perform will all be down to JDT's selections and tactics.  If bold and brave we WIN, if timid and safe then our season's over.

Agree with all of that, except for Brittain - thought his first half was good, more average in the 2nd.

Really hope we start with Leonard, but suspect it'll be Dolan or Dack (or even Szmods) in that false 9 position.

46 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Personally think Dolan is mince, and has no business being in and around a starting lineup for a top 6 side. 

Harsh, but true. Wednesday was an embarrassing showing.

Yet I thought he was one of the better players against Norwich.  When he’s on form he can be useful however his end product has always let him down, he also tries to hard….so probably agree with you. His negatives out weigh his positives unfortunately…

Dolan is good when he has space to work in and run into. He’s not a technically good footballer. Therefore trying to make it stick up top, or play one touch football in the middle, doesn’t show him in a very good light. One thing he will do is actually shoot.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Dolan is good when he has space to work in and run into. He’s not a technically good footballer. Therefore trying to make it stick up top, or play one touch football in the middle, doesn’t show him in a very good light. One thing he will do is actually shoot.

i don`t think it does dolan any good playing the middle,imo he`s a born winger who gets outmuscled in the middle of the park

• Like 2

Can't see anything other then a loss here I'm afraid, they will be well up for it and we won't match that desire.

Brilliant to still be in with a shout but im also of the opinion we are not over achieving, Luton and millwall fighting for playoffs with much weaker sides and resources

we have in my opinion bottled the play offs if we finish outside them, we were in a very comfortable position in a sense and having a bad January has cost us too, can't help but feel we really screwed it 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Can't see anything other then a loss here I'm afraid, they will be well up for it and we won't match that desire.

Brilliant to still be in with a shout but im also of the opinion we are not over achieving, Luton and millwall fighting for playoffs with much weaker sides and resources

we have in my opinion bottled the play offs if we finish outside them, we were in a very comfortable position in a sense and having a bad January has cost us too, can't help but feel we really screwed it 

Thing is as supporters...we can only dream! We know where we want the club to be, back in the PL where the club deserves.. can the players and coaches make it happen?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Thing is as supporters...we can only dream! We know where we want the club to be, back in the PL where the club deserves.. can the players and coaches make it happen?

Just want to see us fight for it, show some desire and go for it, leave it all on the pitch 

• Like 5