BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If Szmodics plays in midfield it definitely ends up more a 4231 than a 433. I would play a proper central mid in there so Morton needs to come into the three with Garrett on the bench to come on to shore things up later.

Gallagher I think would be better to save for later on in the game also when they tire and we need someone to keep the high line.

Pears

JRC.   Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.  Morton.  Wharton  

Hedges.   Leonard.   Szmodics.

Subs Kaminski, Brittain, S Wharton, Garrett, Dack or Dolan, Thomas, Gallagher

Szmodics can drop back into the midfield 3 when defending and into the 10 role when attacking 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I will be beyond disappointed if we don't play three in midfield tomorrow.

I will be beyond bemused if this head coach doesn't try and set up to play to his teams real strengths again.

• Like 3

That Arsenal Southampton draw last night screws both clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if a draw this evening doesn't do the same to Rovers and PNE.

At kick off, both will be well adrift of the play offs. I cannot see the rest continuing to mess up like they did midweek. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

Am I being thick here? Is Lowe fine to be in the dugout despite the red card or are the efl waiting to announce his punishment?

I'm assuming he gets an automatic touchline ban of at least one game as the Ref saw an offence and issued a red card.

The whole incident is being separately investigated for other offences. Diaby was the first as his was so obvious.

The were so many offences taking place that the EFL have had to order an extra large carpet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, philipl said:

That Arsenal Southampton draw last night screws both clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if a draw this evening doesn't do the same to Rovers and PNE.

At kick off, both will be well adrift of the play offs. I cannot see the rest continuing to mess up like they did midweek. 

I wouldn’t say “well adrift” as a win would more than likely see them both in the play offs. But I agree we need to find some form as draws are t enough anymore. The strikers need to stand up and be counted. They need to be more of a threat.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Just seen that they’re opening the turnstiles at 4pm, but serving no alcohol either pre match, or at half time.

That’ll encourage fans to get there early 🥴.

• Like 4

What's not to like? A local derby, sell out crowd, 5000 Rovers fans and all to play for. It certainly beats the dead rubbers we have endured so many times.

And we owe them massively after the mauling they gave us at Ewood. 

• Like 9

I've gone beyond trying to imagine Rovers doing the business and actually delivering something for the fans to remember in a positive sense. Deepdale has been the scene of some memorable occasions for Rovers fans over the years. as well as some notable hidings. It is difficult to predict what tonight's result might be, other than both teams run hot and cold (allbeit more like tepid and lukewarm for Rovers on recent form).

If the Nobbers get their noses in front, it would take a miracle for the present team to do anything other than capitulate. However, if Rovers can somehow score first, we have the defensive capabilities to shut them out, as long as we don't self-sabotage as per Wednesday's calamitous showing.

Going for the inevitable kick in the teeth with a 2-0 scoreline in favour of the Nobbers - just the exact opposite of what we need to gird the loins ahead of the planet of the apes re-run on Tuesday.

Imagine though, if we got 6 points from these two fixtures....

And then I woke up, and I was still in Blackburn, and it was raining...

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What's not to like? A local derby, sell out crowd, 5000 Rovers fans and all to play for. It certainly beats the dead rubbers we have endured so many times.

And we owe them massively after the mauling they gave us at Ewood. 

Looking forward to it but with much trepidation, in fact I’m almost terrified of an adverse outcome.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics can drop back into the midfield 3 when defending and into the 10 role when attacking 

Gally can play at full-back, it doesn't make it right. We tried the same thing with Dack, it doesn't work. What you end up with, is two in midfield and one player who doesn't know where he is mean't to be. Just do the simple thing and play three central midfielders.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ElTwis said:

Am I being thick here? Is Lowe fine to be in the dugout despite the red card or are the efl waiting to announce his punishment?

According to today's LEP the incident is still being investigated by the FA. So I guess no bans until the completion of the investigation.

4 minutes ago, den said:

I think Rovers will suffer the consequences of Wednesdays game against Coventry. I expect a mentally and physically tired performance. 3-0 Preston in the real Lancs derby.

Preston had an equally tough night at Swansea and conceded four, their manager red carded and a subsequent ban for one of their key defenders. Adrenaline should be enough to overcome tiredness for both teams. Sometimes it comes down to just wanting it more.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, den said:

I think Rovers will suffer the consequences of Wednesdays game against Coventry. I expect a mentally and physically tired performance. 3-0 Preston in the real Lancs derby.

A local derby and the playoffs at stake, if that doesn't elicit a full on show nowt will.

If we lose 3-0 I will be short a TV in working condition.

• Like 4