BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

On 18/04/2023 at 13:10, Mattyblue said:

The pickers n choosers will be missing out on a reight good drink around Preston though…

Just where are these drinking holes in nobbers land? Having worked there for the best part of 30 yrs all the good pubs have gone and those that remain will not allow away fans in !

Been a while since you’ve supped there then. Loads of good boozers (and why wouldn’t away fans be allowed in? My lot are every season).

Just in the centre off the top of my head  - Black Horse, Guild Ale House, Winkley Street Ale House, Plug n Taps, Moorbrook, Plau, Vinyl Tap, Orchard, NIKOS.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I think we will miss out on the play-offs. But after the drubbing this lot gave us at Ewood at the very least I expect to see some pride restored here. 

The only thing worse than blowing the play-offs will be doing so against the likes of nob end and the dingles.

• Like 2

The injuries are  hugely important for this game now.

Too early for Ayala, possibly Dack. How bad is Pickering? Edun out with concussion protocol.

From tonight Gally is certainly out.

Big questions over Hyam and JRC.

Then there could be other problems when the medics check the players over.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Lowe may not be on the touchline, sent off tonight I read.

Such a great miss that will be !

Yet to work out what actually is the purpose of that Remmy guy he's supposed to be a coach right ?

Yet all he does is stand on the touchline hand in pockets watching the pre match warm up then sit hands in pockets in the dugout during the games.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yet to work out what actually is the purpose of that Remmy guy he's supposed to be a coach right ?

Yet all he does is stand on the touchline hand in pockets watching the pre match warm up then sit hands in pockets in the dugout during the games.

Him and Lowe make a right pair - I think there are two villages out there looking for their lost idiot!

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

What do you want Remy to do? Most number 2 and first team coaches don't do much during the games

JDT is the Head coach and should be touchline telling the players what he wants. 

I believe Remy is more the tactical coach/set up where JDT is coaching the players in his style of play and formation. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you want Remy to do? Most number 2 and first team coaches don't do much during the games

JDT is the Head coach and should be touchline telling the players what he wants. 

I believe Remy is more the tactical coach/set up where JDT is coaching the players in his style of play and formation. 

As a coach i'd expect him to be on the pitch for 20 mins pre match like other teams coaches seem to be.

He appears to do less than Venus and that's saying something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As a coach i'd expect him to be on the pitch for 20 mins pre match like other teams coaches seem to be.

He appears to do less than Venus and that's saying something.

The coaching is done at Brockhall behind close doors. 

To do what in the 20 mins?.

41 minutes ago, philipl said:

We have sold out the allocation and been given an extra 500 which are on sale now.

Come on, let's make this better than a home game!

At least the travelling fans will be doing our big, hopefully the players reciprocate with a positive performance and win.

Last night hurt like hell... 1 minute away from pure joy, for it to be snatched away. My walk back to the Car was one of the worst in a while!

On the other hand, we were good for the majority of the match - defended well, were mostly in control, created decent chances, and didn't really look under too much pressure until the late changes. Against Coventry too mind, currently one of the better sides around the play-offs.

If last nights knocks aren't too serious and we're able to field the same (or a very similar) team, then we can beat the Nobbers. Adam Wharton must start, i'd also stick Kaminski back in... and Diaz simply shouldn't be anywhere near that starting XI.

There's still some hope, we're somehow still in the top 6 - but wow we should be so much more comfortable right now, we should be 6 points better off from our last 3 games.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’m confident(ish) about this. I would have same team, with Thomas instead of Diaz and Dolan uptop, in lieu of Gally, who looks to be out.

Yes to Thomas, nobbers struggle at left back.  Their Spanish lad likes to get forward and doesn't like defending.  Cunningham is injured so if JDT understands..........

No to Dolan, just poor on every level, last night the centre half was ambling away from him with the ball and Dolan was full on sprint....everyone thinks he's fast, he's actually very slow.  

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes to Thomas, nobbers struggle at left back.  Their Spanish lad likes to get forward and doesn't like defending.  Cunningham is injured so if JDT understands..........

No to Dolan, just poor on every level, last night the centre half was ambling away from him with the ball and Dolan was full on sprint....everyone thinks he's fast, he's actually very slow.  

I would play Leonard before him, we need a goal threat. I know it was asking a lot of him last night given the circumstances but his defensive side is very poor, he was absolutely abysmal as he didn’t hold it up, control the ball or find a teammate with a pass, not once.

• Like 2