BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'd be delighted if our Lowe (David) was also absent from the touchline permanently for Rovers!!!

????

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

No booze pre match or at half time there'll be congestion before the game with people leaving it late, really smart call from the police

No surprised there by Police. 

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm driving to this, are there any recommendations for car parking?

Cheers.

Plenty of street parking available around the stadium. Just get there early would be my suggestion 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm driving to this, are there any recommendations for car parking?

Cheers.

Park at Walton Le Dale Capitol Centre for free and catch the shuttle bus which takes you to Preston Centre. One every 5 minutes so. Easy and safe.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

My team if every one is fit

Pears

JRC  Carter  Hyam  Pickering 

Szmodics Travis Wharton 

Thomas Gallagher Hedges 

If JRC is out the Brittain in. If Pickering is still injured then Dolan in with Hedges moving to left back. If Gallagher is out then Leonard start. 

• Like 1

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Morton Wharton

Thomas Brereton Szmodics

Really difficult to pick a team at the moment. Gone for 3 in the middle to replicate the dominance at Huddersfield.

Kaminski has to start, he is a far better keeper and Pears has started to appear nervy.

If both full backs are out, we are truly fucked.

• Like 2

If todays list is any indication- JR-C, Brittain, Gally, Pickering, etc, we’ve got troubles enough. Maybe a couple of these can play. 

If Kaminski is healthy, I’d prefer him in this one.

We will need MotM type performances from the Wharton’s, Thomas, & Travis. Brereton & Dacky will need to play better than they’ve done in a while. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 22:09, Mattyblue said:

Been a while since you’ve supped there then. Loads of good boozers (and why wouldn’t away fans be allowed in? My lot are every season).

Just in the centre off the top of my head  - Black Horse, Guild Ale House, Winkley Street Ale House, Plug n Taps, Moorbrook, Plau, Vinyl Tap, Orchard, NIKOS.

Vinly tap is a good option. Not a football pub; rarely gets much footy traffic. 

15 minutes from Deepdale, 3 cask ales, including Oakham Citra. 

Edited by riverkiller
Addition

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team if every one is fit

Pears

JRC  Carter  Hyam  Pickering 

Szmodics Travis Wharton 

Thomas Gallagher Hedges 

If JRC is out the Brittain in. If Pickering is still injured then Dolan in with Hedges moving to left back. If Gallagher is out then Leonard start. 

If Szmodics plays in midfield it definitely ends up more a 4231 than a 433. I would play a proper central mid in there so Morton needs to come into the three with Garrett on the bench to come on to shore things up later.

Gallagher I think would be better to save for later on in the game also when they tire and we need someone to keep the high line.

Pears

JRC.   Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.  Morton.  Wharton  

Hedges.   Leonard.   Szmodics.

Subs Kaminski, Brittain, S Wharton, Garrett, Dack or Dolan, Thomas, Gallagher

23 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Joe, what did you find impressive last night about Dolan that he starts away at nobbers

As he sais, Dolan plays better wide. I prefer him to the current Brereton we have in that position.

We were playing better as a team when Brereton was out.

Thomas didn't play well either, but with him on the opposite wing instead of Hedges I think we offer more threat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seen someone on Twitter, who I've seen get stuff spot on before, say he heard that Gallagher's season is done. Now I know we all want shot of him, but that really is the worst timing with zero other options other than a 19 year old lad.

Amongst all his other problems Gally is very injury prone as well! 😭

8 minutes ago, booth said:

As he sais, Dolan plays better wide. I prefer him to the current Brereton we have in that position.

We were playing better as a team when Brereton was out.

Thomas didn't play well either, but with him on the opposite wing instead of Hedges I think we offer more threat.

Thomas wide on the right makes a big difference. We had Brittain, Hedges and Brereton all drifting inside against Coventry which meant that JRC - the person you really want drifting in, was the only one providing any real width. 

• Like 2

For me:

Kaminski in goal - Pears improved but Kaminski more likely to make those key saves.

Defence picks itself injuries apart.  Expect JRC to start (looked more of a fatigue issue).  Hope Pickering back as Brittain dire the other night and looked to have tweaked his hammy.

Midfield - would go with Travis, Wharton and Morton who dominated against Huddersfield.  We need 3 in there.

Up front - we need goals and that HAS to mean Leonard.  It's clear the lad has an eye and a nose for goal and it's also about being in the right place at the right time.  Think Gallagher's season is over the way he pulled up - that was not a mere tweak.  As for Brereton, don't care if I don't see him again -won't be missed.

PNE start favourites and we need to go at them from the start all guns blazing and seize the initiative.

How we perform will all be down to JDT's selections and tactics.  If bold and brave we WIN, if timid and safe then our season's over.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A good player makes the best out of where he is asked to play, TD had a shocking night and shouldn't start the next game.  Don't you remember him coming on v the nobbers at home...he had a shocker then too.......talk about rewarding shite performances🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The last Preston game was in December of 2022. It's now April 2023 and since then Dolan has put in several very strong performances. 

You're judging him for not playing well in a game where he came on and for 20 minutes played as a target man striker with long balls coming into him against some very strong centre-backs... It's not what he is.

Shall we drop Dom Hyam because he's a shit goalkeeper?

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seen someone on Twitter, who I've seen get stuff spot on before, say he heard that Gallagher's season is done. Now I know we all want shot of him, but that really is the worst timing with zero other options other than a 19 year old lad.

Typically, injured just after he'd finally scored a fucking goal (a good goal too)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  He's weak. Why didn't he get on in the semi final? 

Eh? If you mean quarter final, then it's because our front 3 played well, and the last 20 minutes was us trying to shore the game up unsuccessfully. Incidentally, Dolan was absolutely superb in the previous round against Leicester, played well against Sheffield United in the league and was one of our brighter players vs Hull (shocking miss aside).

I'm a bit unsure on Dolan generally and his role in the team, but not sure saying he didn't play in a particular game (which we lost) really backs up your point. He's definitely not your man as a number 9 when you've reverted to long, direct football. 

Against PNE, I'd probably go for 3 of Dolan/Leonard/Thomas/Szmodics. Diaz is clearly lacking something, although JDT might argue he just needs a goal. My concern is his decision making - constant stupid fouls, lazy offsides, lack of composure. He just looks lost. 

My team:

Kaminski, JRC, Hyam, Carter, Pickering, Travis, Wharton, Morton, 3 of the 4 above. 

Edit - forgot Hedges. Wouldn't be sad to see him play, but feel we need a bit of pace in the front 3. 

Edited by smiller14

Difficult to pick a line up. Like a few I think we'd be better with 3 in the middle. 

----------------Kaminski

JRC-----Carter----Hyam---Pickering

-----Morton----Travis------Wharton

---Thomas---Szmodics---Hedges 

The front 3 🤷🏻‍♂️

Szmodics doesn't really deserve to be dropped, don't rate Dolan enough for a start and BBD is bang out of form. But that's no strikers and you can't see a goal being scored with that team.

Could start Leonard but it doesn't sound like JDT has any plans to do so.

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  He's weak. Why didn't he get on in the semi final? 

Quarter final. And I'm not the manager, I don't make the subs. I would've had him involved, as I would most weeks. He's certainly got more to offer than Brereton at the minute, who was atrocious in the last game and several before.