BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

42 minutes ago, rigger said:

Bus in from Warton to Ashton park, a few beers in the Lanes pub (I don't know what it is like). Then a walk down to the ground.

Lane Ends Pub is alright actually, like @Mattyblue said there’s a few micro pubs near there as well. Tulketh Tap Room is across the road and the Tap End is right next door 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I've gone beyond trying to imagine Rovers doing the business and actually delivering something for the fans to remember in a positive sense. Deepdale has been the scene of some memorable occasions for Rovers fans over the years. as well as some notable hidings. It is difficult to predict what tonight's result might be, other than both teams run hot and cold (allbeit more like tepid and lukewarm for Rovers on recent form).

If the Nobbers get their noses in front, it would take a miracle for the present team to do anything other than capitulate. However, if Rovers can somehow score first, we have the defensive capabilities to shut them out, as long as we don't self-sabotage as per Wednesday's calamitous showing.

Going for the inevitable kick in the teeth with a 2-0 scoreline in favour of the Nobbers - just the exact opposite of what we need to gird the loins ahead of the planet of the apes re-run on Tuesday.

Imagine though, if we got 6 points from these two fixtures....

And then I woke up, and I was still in Blackburn, and it was raining...

I was thinking this morning about how at the end of the season, we'll possibly look back on the Easter fixtures and think about what could have been. And then I thought, how fucking good would it be, if we cemented a place in the playoffs by beating both Preston and The Dingles.

And then yeah, I woke up as well.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I was thinking this morning about how at the end of the season, we'll possibly look back on the Easter fixtures and think about what could have been. And then I thought, how fucking good would it be, if we cemented a place in the playoffs by beating both Preston and The Dingles.

And then yeah, I woke up as well.

It's just a game about kicking a round ball in which all things are possible IF you want it enough.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rigger said:

I will be beyond disappointed if we don't play three in midfield tomorrow.

I think people should remember that line-up when they get stuck into Travis. How many times has it been 2 in mid-field and the two have been Travis and Morton?

Travis has been expected to do too much. Imagine if it was Travis, O'Brien and Wharton! 😩 How would he have looked then?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think people should remember that line-up when they get stuck into Travis. How many times has it been 2 in mid-field and the two have been Travis and Morton?

Travis has been expected to do too much. Imagine if it was Travis, O'Brien and Wharton! 😩 How would he have looked then?

I thought it at the time, the paperwork incompetence and failure to bring a striker in would probably do for us. O’Brien and a striker, I think we would have booked our play off spot already 😡

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

When is it the players usually know they’re playing? Instagram & them usually putting posts/stories before hand saying “game day” etc is usually the case that they’re starting (not always). Sorba Thomas has done it so I’d say it’s likely that he’s starting. Which I hope! 

Hope so too. Played our best football all season when he's been in the side IMHO. Gives us an easy outlet to hit and his pace frightens defences 

• Like 4

very confident for this one,keep the ball and exploit the space,north end will come after us im`e sure of it,need to match them for effort though,they are a basic but determined outfit who will try to overpower us,it`s going to be like lamberts first game in charge😀,full end of rovers fans making all the noise!!!!

• Like 1

Heart ruling head here!

Plonked winnings from early Thirsk Winner (Sergeant Wilko) on two Rovers' bets, win at 2/1 and 3-1 scoreline at 28/1.

Don't let me down lads - turn up today and give them hell! 

• Like 2

Losing this would feel dreadful knowing that we've got the Dingles on Tuesday. It would be nice if we could put in a rare blood-and-thunder performance against a local rival, similar to the one we did at Preston last season.

Can we? Please? We owe them big time for their embarrassment of us at Ewood. I'm expecting the Dingles to beat us on Tuesday, but beating this lot would be at least some comfort. Promotion race doesn't even enter my thoughts for these next two games. Just some pride and a few points would do.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaz85 said:

I’m told Diaz on the bench and Gally injured for tonight. A Wharton to start too. Unsure about the fitness of others.

Nerves kicking in now….

Gone nuclear? Surely that means Leonard starting or Dack up front or false 9...

To everyone going, sing your hearts out and let’s hope your roar us to a much needed victory.

I will be watching from Spain,  but will be back for the Luton game. Hope it isn’t a dead rubber. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, philipl said:

That Arsenal Southampton draw last night screws both clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if a draw this evening doesn't do the same to Rovers and PNE.

At kick off, both will be well adrift of the play offs. I cannot see the rest continuing to mess up like they did midweek. 

was talking to PNE supporter work colleague who said it was be entertaining game or bore draw nil nil game.  

44 minutes ago, Gaz85 said:

I’m told Diaz on the bench and Gally injured for tonight. A Wharton to start too. Unsure about the fitness of others.

Nerves kicking in now….

no surprised if BBD has been bench

54 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d be tempted to start both of them.

How about the "Christmas tree" formation.  4 3 2 1

Pears

JRC/ Brittain   Carter.  Hyam. Pickering

Morton. Travis  Wharton

Szmodics.   Dack

Leonard