BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

I’ve been mad at this team & this manager a few times this season but tonight is just another level…Totally toothless from start to finish.

I’ve never been as frustrated watching us this season than that second half. Formation wrong, Diaz awful! Hyam truely terrible, and Sam Gallagher??? I think we should just terminate his contract tonight and stick with Leonard.

Words can’t describe how mad I am after that, JDT totally clueless!!!!! Hull were awful, but we just let them back in the game 2nd half. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wind ups?!? Yours is the wind up! People are pissed off after we have thrown away the most presentable 3 points we had left. We are Rovers fans, we're not posting criticism to wind up other Rovers fans, we're posting it because we are extremely frustrated, and it's not without reason. If you don't agree with it fine, but saying others are on the windup cos they're annoyed is the real provocation.

Sorry for this also disappointed...

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

All that huffing and puffing, and we managed 2 shots on target. A poor Hull side managed 3.

Chalk and Cheese to Monday (in terms of creativity - appreciate the points are the same) and there is a common denominator in the one change made.

My eyes...

Dull team selection today. Late subs with little impact, just painful to watch...Just start with Hedges, Gallagher and Sorba up front next match and tell them to cross at will. Smodicz and Travis to feed off the scraps.

Too much sideways and backwards. Dolan carrying the ball out of Hull's third and playing it backwards on how many occasions? All in our own hands, but how are we going to score against Coventry on Wednesday?

• Like 1

Passing back in injury time does my head in. Where is the running forward into positions to receive a ball. Where is the running at the man. We are afraid in front of goal. We pass to each other to avoid the accountability. 

All that being said, miraculously if the line in the sand was drawn tonight, we would be in the playoffs. 

If we can beat Coventry there would be daylight between us. 

• Like 6

If Gallagher is the Answer then I would like to know the question. He brings nothing to the game other than running around and being big. Can’t score( he’s a striker) doesn’t  link up play( control terrible) doesn’t scare the opponents shitless with his physicality. 
In 8 mins of Leonard he showed what a striker is about.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Two of the worst subs I've seen in 30 years...BBD and Dolan off....Morton stays on...do we want promotion??

Agree about Morton, I would have taken him and Gallagher off, but BBD was abysmal again and Dolans sitter lost us 2 points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

All in our own hands, but how are we going to score against Coventry on Wednesday?

Precisely. We won’t. I struggle to see where the next goal is coming from, let alone win. Play-offs is fanciful in the extreme.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

My eyes...

Dull team selection today. Late subs with little impact, just painful to watch...Just start with Hedges, Gallagher and Sorba up front next match and tell them to cross at will. Smodicz and Travis to feed off the scraps.

Too much sideways and backwards. Dolan carrying the ball out of Hull's third and playing it backwards on how many occasions? All in our own hands, but how are we going to score against Coventry on Wednesday?

What was it about Gallagher's performance tonight that makes you think he should start the next game?

We are ultimately having to deal with the difficult reality that Brereton Diaz is now more Brereton than he is Diaz. The team is significantly better without him and he really doesn't deserve his place in the side at the moment, but it is difficult to drop a player who most would regard as our 'best' player.

I don't think things are nearly as bad as many make out and we are still in the playoff spots. Imagine how Norwich fans feel this weekend. 

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

JDT got everything wrong tonight. We all called it before the game with that line up! 

Apart from Gussets, who suggested that since JDT won the Champions League as a player, his managerial expertise is infallible.

• Like 3