BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Adam Wharton had to be selected but Gallagher?? He's a very lucky boy to be anywhere near that squad let alone first 11. He needs to repay the manager for his faith in him. Tonight.

Needs must with Gally. It's him or Dolan and maybe Gally better suited for tonight but yeah needs a far better showing than recent outings 

I dont understand how Gallagher has maintained his place at all.

Glad to see Wharton play in midfield but worried that they might over run us in midfield.

Glad to see Dack back on the bench. I don't necessarily mind Leonard dropping out, there is a lot of pressure and it is a critical game and you'd fancy the 3 attacking options on the bench over him at this stage.

• Like 3

Would have rather seen a 3 man midfield I think against this lot. The lad Hamer is dangerous. Good news on Wharton though. 
Glad to see he went with Brittain to replace an injured Pickering. Hopefully a lot of attacking play from our fullbacks. 

Gally shouldn’t be starting.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Have to agree. Easy to say you aren't after the game but I agree. No complaints with the team selected.

I am never happy when we do not play 3 central midfielders. I would also have played Kaminski and Leonard.

But I won't give a shit, if we win.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Would have rather seen a 3 man midfield I think against this lot. The lad Hamer is dangerous. Good news on Wharton though. 
Glad to see he went with Brittain to replace an injured Pickering. Hopefully a lot of attacking play from our fullbacks. 

Gally shouldn’t be starting.

Couldn't agree more, especially the lack of 3 in midfield 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Adam Wharton had to be selected but Gallagher?? He's a very lucky boy to be anywhere near that squad let alone first 11. He needs to repay the manager for his faith in him. Tonight.

Same applies to BBD. Neither of them would be playing tonight if we’d have addressed the striker situation in January.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Screenshot_2023-04-19-18-48-38-949_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

4 2 3 1, so it will be interesting to see if our midfield 2 can hold their own against Coventry's mid 3.  I like Hedges in there as he has been our most effective attacking player (very low bar), but how we continue to run Gally out there is beyond me.  I hope he proves me wrong, but would rather see young Leonard getting a run at this point. 

Happy to finally see Jrc get a crack in the middle (so to speak🤨) hopefully he makes tge most of the opportunity now, the position is no his to lose! 

Need a BIG performance from the captain tonight!! 

Not sure why Sorba isnt starting though and if Diaz doesn't perfom tonight he needs to be dropped end of. 

Happy to finally see Jrc get a crack in the middle (so to speak🤨) hopefully he makes tge most of the opportunity now, the position is no his to lose! 

Not sure why Sorba isnt starting though and if Diaz doesn't perfom tonight he needs to be dropped end of.

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Looks like he will play right back no? 

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Guessing he’ll play his normal free role from right back. Without the ball probably in the right…which could leave us out numbered in the middle. 

37 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Why is Thomas not getting a game anymore? Has raw pace and crossing ability 

Even when he's not playing well he makes space for the others. I don't understand why he's not in.

Glad to see Wharton coming in and Morton out but unhappy to see Gallagher again. An absolute waste of space.

Edited by booth

Glad Wharton starts, echo the views on Gallagher being lucky. Law of averages means he has so bloody score at some point though and he's pulled it out the bag in a few big games before.

Bit baffled why Thomas seems out of favour, he had a really positive impact since coming in and our dodgy form of late suggests he's been missed, granted he couldn't play in all the games.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuttall is lost said:

Surprised Dolan was benched.  Thought he was one of the better players in the last game.  Morton can fuck off.

I'd have Dolan on instead of Brereton. Sorba for Hedges.

Both players make room for others like Szmodics due constantly nagging at the oppo defence.