BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

Don't get why when we played so well against a resurgent Huddersfield (I know we only took a point). He decides to switch formation the following game. We looked as threatening and dominating possession wise because apparently how he wants us to play. As we have all season. Now is the time to ring the changes stop just fucking drifting through games and have a go. Stop playing players out of some kind of loyalty or stubbornness. Absolutely start kaminski. Pears has been decent and had a good run. But play out best keeper. Arguably the best keeper in the league on his day. Get Wharton into that midfield alongside Garret and Travis for me. Have Travis go box to box. I know I'm a few days late after the Hull game but we need to see some urgency before it becomes just another close season. Start Leonard, Thomas and szmodics. Drop gally and Diaz. Use all five subs if needed and with time to do something to actually affect the game. Or we'll get absolutely battered by both Coventry and Preston. Leading into a potential humiliation against the dingles. And breath

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 8

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think I'd probably start Lewis OBrien to get a hold of the midfield and I'd definitely replace Gallagher with Kone. 

I see Sean Kimberly is back at Ewood as head of recruitment. A message to Sean from the Blackburn end, please could you find us a prolific goal scorer, were a bit goal shy at the moment at the critical time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Don't get why when we played so well against a resurgent Huddersfield (I know we only took a point). He decides to switch formation the following game. We looked as threatening and dominating possession wise because apparently how he wants us to play. As we have all season. Now is the time to ring the changes stop just fucking drifting through games and have a go. Stop playing players out of some kind of loyalty or stubbornness. Absolutely start kaminski. Pears has been decent and had a good run. But play out best keeper. Arguably the best keeper in the league on his day. Get Wharton into that midfield alongside Garret and Travis for me. Have Travis go box to box. I know I'm a few days late after the Hull game but we need to see some urgency before it becomes just another close season. Start Leonard, Thomas and szmodics. Drop gally and Diaz. Use all five subs if needed and with time to do something to actually affect the game. Or we'll get absolutely battered by both Coventry and Preston. Leading into a potential humiliation against the dingles. And breath

I love this. Totally aligned to my thinking. JDT said our performance against Huddersfield was the best of the season yet he switches formation the very next game.

100% bring Kaminski back in. And an interesting idea on Garrett. I'm unsure but see the logic. Adding more steal releases Travis to play box to box which is when he flourishes and makes up for Whartons lack of legs, who given his ability is the major difference maker for us. He's the only one in the team who is truly creative. Personally I've not seen enough of Garretts ability on the ball to know whether it would work but it's certainly worth a go. 

As for Leonard, whether he's completely ready or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, he offers more than Gallagher and you should always play your best players. He has to start for me. 

I get the feeling that JDT is slightly reluctant due to the stage of the season we're at, and he's choosing experience over youth. He was far happier to chuck players in earlier on. The experienced players are performing woefully though and need get used to sitting on the bench. 

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I get the feeling that JDT is slightly reluctant due to the stage of the season we're at, and he's choosing experience over youth. He was far happier to chuck players in earlier on. The experienced players are performing woefully though and need get used to sitting on the bench. 

I said a few games back he needs to be brave and so far he isnt. He's playing it safe and hoping it will get different results. From his point of view picking Brereton and Gallagher is going to attract less outside criticism than if he threw Leonard and Wharton in. Throwing more kids in could also backfire and we could get pumped 3 or 4 nil.

But I think most people would understand why he did it, and as I keep saying, the status quo isnt working.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Emerging from the chasing pack is exciting but trying to hold onto the top 6 flailing around in almost identical fashion to last season is the opposite.

Frustration, nerves and an air of inevitability about it.

We need to score first and we need a performance of the standard of the Sheff U ones both league and cup.

Where the hell has that attitude disappeared to ?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Coventry have sold their original allocation of 2000 and have put another 566 on sale this morning. They can also pay on the night so they will have potentially 3000 supporters tomorrow.

All we need to do is score more goals than them tomorrow night simple, doesn't matter how many they bring.

• Like 1

Really hope A Wharton gets the start. I’ve watched his last 2 performances and think he has this style of movement that can appear as though he’s not putting in maximum effort. I can see how a manager might think it a lack of engagement…but I think it’s his style and it’s hard to argue with the results.  It seems as though the game just comes east to him, and for sone that can appear as a lack of work rate. 

“Of course, on the ball, Adam has the quality and off the ball he needs to learn a lot,"-JDT

• Like 2

Dreading this one. Losing this one will see Coventry (and probably a couple more) pass us, putting us in a really negative position heading into Preston/Burnley - ironically, dropping out of the top 6 might help us release the shackles a bit (not that I want to of course), as there's something inherent in this team with pressure and turning into shrinking violets more often than not. 

I can't think of any sensible prediction for this game, but I'm hoping their confidence and need for a win might play into our hands a bit. Keeping that Gyokeres quiet is a paramount if very difficult task.

I'd take a scruffy 1-0, but it truly is a game to stand up and be counted. 

Gally and Diaz will consider themselves very lucky if they start. I have no idea how Coventry play, but wouldn't be averse to going back to 3 in midfield like we saw at Huddersfield. We had so much more fluidity in that game, and it meant that there were constantly options for our defenders with the ball at their feet, rather than the static, subbuteo-like approach we saw vs Hull. Plus, this is the only formation in which he picks Adam Wharton - I love the intelligence in his passing and how he's always looking forward. I love Travis, but he really struggles in the final third and doesn't have the guile of Wharton. Morton is very safe, as well, and now is the time for bravery. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 1

If we win tomorrow and at the weekend it takes the pressure off next Tuesday. Not for fans but as in league position. Both of the next two games are far more winnable. So let's win them, then the burnley game is more of a free hit. It can't be as bad as the reverse fixture (🤞🤞🤞). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

If we win tomorrow and at the weekend it takes the pressure off next Tuesday. Not for fans but as in league position. Both of the next two games are far more winnable. So let's win them, then the burnley game is more of a free hit. It can't be as bad as the reverse fixture (🤞🤞🤞). 

Lets not mention this is a big massive game, it puts the jynx on us. Let's hope JDT thinks attack and not put up the white flag and play defensive. If this team put their mind to it and give it 100%, there capable of beating anyone in this league. We've beaten West Ham and Leicester earlier in the Season, but struggle against Huddersfield and Hull.