BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think 'people' know it's in our hands. I think the expectation is that it won't be in about 4 days time because 'people' aren't confident we'll beat Coventry...or anybody. 

back to people attitude of being half glass empty instead of half glass full.   

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

back to people attitude of being half glass empty instead of half glass full.   

With a modicum of brainpower, you may understand why.

Come on Chaddy it's not beyond you, unless you're enjoying a good troll in which case, as you were.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

With a modicum of brainpower, you may understand why.

Come on Chaddy it's not beyond you, unless you're enjoying a good troll in which case, as you were.

back to the same old rubbish about trolling which is baseless again. 

Rovers fans need to have some faith and belief in these players and JDT to get top 6 this season. We are above most people expectations for this season and its in our hands to get top 6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers fans need to have some faith and belief in these players and JDT to get top 6 this season. We are above most people expectations for this season and its in our hands to get top 6. 

Yep, like it or not and it is difficult to like, it isn't over until the fat lady sings and that won't be for a week or two yet.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said unless you're trolling, I didn't say you were.

It's telling how it hit a nerve about trolling but not about your ability to think though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

People need to look at the situation properly we are 6th and its down to our results not others. 

My mood doesn't swing game to game. 

People are looking at the situation “properly”  and it’s not a case of the mood swinging game to game.

The fact is after a very poor run, we need to win on Wednesday.
After witnessing a sterile, shot shy performance against a lower mid-table side last night, it’s very difficult to approach a very tough looking game with confidence,

If the current form continues for another few games we will be in mid - table, and you will no doubt be telling us that, “we’re only ‘X’ points off the Play Offs”.

Don’t confuse a lack of confidence with a lack of desire for a turnaround.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are the biggest troll on this message board 

39 minutes ago, booth said:

I said unless you're trolling, I didn't say you were.

It's telling how it hit a nerve about trolling but not about your ability to think though.

Cos people always posted this rubbish cos someone being positive and looking at the situation has half glass full instead of half glass empty 

28 minutes ago, martonrover said:

People are looking at the situation “properly”  and it’s not a case of the mood swinging game to game.

The fact is after a very poor run, we need to win on Wednesday.
After witnessing a sterile, shot shy performance against a lower mid-table side last night, it’s very difficult to approach a very tough looking game with confidence,

If the current form continues for another few games we will be in mid - table, and you will no doubt be telling us that, “we’re only ‘X’ points off the Play Offs”.

Don’t confuse a lack of confidence with a lack of desire for a turnaround.

I would be disappointed not to be in the playoffs come the end of the season given we have been there most of the season. 

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

You are the biggest troll on this message board 

your post makes me laugh cos given the way your post every match day and you are like Jekyll and Hyde every match day thread and the England thread

Edited by chaddyrovers

If Dack is fit he starts for me. Simple as that. He is the only recognised goal threat we carry. 

If we get a goal infront we normally can hit teams on the break, but recently we just never get in front (well we don’t get a Goal full stop). So even if we think he’s only got 45 minutes in him, I’d start him, rather than have to throw him on when we could well be behind and trying to break down 11 men.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos people always posted this rubbish cos someone being positive and looking at the situation has half glass full instead of half glass empty 

I would be disappointed not to be in the playoffs come the end of the season given we have been there most of the season. 

your post makes me laugh cos given the way your post every match day and you are like Jekyll and Hyde every match day thread and the England thread

I apologise.  You're just a bit naive 

36 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If Dack is fit he starts for me. Simple as that. He is the only recognised goal threat we carry. 

If we get a goal infront we normally can hit teams on the break, but recently we just never get in front (well we don’t get a Goal full stop). So even if we think he’s only got 45 minutes in him, I’d start him, rather than have to throw him on when we could well be behind and trying to break down 11 men.

I agree, but where would you put him? You simply cannot take Szmodics out just for his engine alone. 

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I agree, but where would you put him? You simply cannot take Szmodics out just for his engine alone. 

An engine is no good if we can’t score. The last few games have clearly shown that.

It’s very harsh on Szmodics, but we simply need goals. Would Szmodics be any worse than Brereton out wide. Probably not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

An engine is no good if we can’t score. The last few games have clearly shown that.

It’s very harsh on Szmodics, but we simply need goals. Would Szmodics be any worse than Brereton out wide. Probably not.

I think SS can play anywhere across the front 4, probably why JDT like him, along with his press. SS as number 9 with Dack behind and Thomas & Dolan on the flanks works for me. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think SS can play anywhere across the front 4, probably why JDT like him, along with his press. SS as number 9 with Dack behind and Thomas & Dolan on the flanks works for me. 

I’d try anything now except the status quo.

If we play the same as v Hull and Coventry the same as there most recent game then they will do us, as in give us a right good rogering.

However, we are at home so if JDT gets team selection and tactics right there is no reason why we ant get a win.

No Gallagher and Morton only if playing 3 in midfield.

If Dack is fit he will be on the bench.

Adam Wharton must start.

Intensity from the start and careful for Coventry on the break.

• Like 3

“We were losing quality in finishing, taking too many touches instead of shooting on goal, and decision-making in the last third. “.              JDT

To be honest, we have players who can give their all and run with the ball at the opposition. We saw it against Huddersfield. It is the mindset that is needed against Coventry. 

I thought JDT was coaching this passing in triangles. If he is saying too many touches, then that is down to the players to pick the ball up and run at the opposition and pass forward to an unmarked team mate. 

When I see a ball going backwards at home I see a player who does not want to be accountable. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There's no need to be deliberately obtuse about it, you must know you're going to get people's backs up.

You know the history of the club and the years of disappointment. Most fans are conditioned to have a glass half empty. I believe in the manager and even my glass is quarter empty.

• Like 1

Extremely disappointing last few weeks, but at least it’s still in our hands to get a playoff spot. All our games are against promotion contenders, so if we can’t show our superiority in these next 5 games then we’d have no chance in the playoffs anyway.

• Like 1