BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

I've got a heavy dose of Chaddyitis, all I can see is the league table when we've won our two games in hand!

Perhaps it's because I'm watching the original Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but, until this time tomorrow at least, we're going up, we're going up ...... 🤠

• Like 2

Coventry;

@PNE;

burnley;

Luton;

@Millwall. 

Rovers couldn’t win last three games vs beatable teams. So, we have to find a way to beat 3 teams right around us, one team essentially already in playoffs (Luton) & a PL promoted team. I’d say 9 pts from those 5, we’re in. The chances of that are slim and none, and Slim is here in Texas. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Coventry;

@PNE;

burnley;

Luton;

@Millwall. 

Rovers couldn’t win last three games vs beatable teams. So, we have to find a way to beat 3 teams right around us, one team essentially already in playoffs (Luton) & a PL promoted team. I’d say 9 pts from those 5, we’re in. The chances of that are slim and none, and Slim is here in Texas. 

On the positive side, it’s all in our hands.  

• Like 6

I am tak8ng solace/hope from the fact that when Rovers have really turned up so far this season, there is only one game we haven't won and that was Sheffield United away in the Cup and we all know it took a 25 yard extreme top corner blast to knock us out.

We have even won a few when we have been less than standard we should have been.

We can expect every one of our remaining games to be against clubs wanting and trying to win which usually helps us provided we don't let one in first ....

Not optimistic but not without hope.

• Like 2

Let’s get behind the boys tonight. We aren’t ready for playoffs watching the last bunch of games but we could still do it. 
Failure to recruit in Jan has hindered us and some injuries to important players hasn’t helped us. 
Let’s keep supporting them till the end, this is sport and nothing is a dead cert, anything can happen. 
If you’re going to boo at half time if it’s 0-0 do us a favour and stay at home. No one wants to hear that pettiness. You really think that’s going to help make players play well? Embarrassing 

• Like 5

Pressure is off now we aren't hanging on we are back in the chasing pack where is exactly where our form of recent times has put us.

Time to get back on the horse and show we really want it.

Edited by tomphil

Our only hope now is from somewhere our forwards find some sort of form. We have categorically proved we can't chase a game (spectacularly!), so the only hope we have is that our forwards can do something. Unfortunately I think they just look completely spent.

This is 1966.-1967 all over again and another season defining match against Coventry.

I think if we fail to win tonight the playoffs are gone. It’s as simple as that. The remaining games are too difficult and already fragile confidence will be shot

Rovers 0 Coventry 1 

• Like 2

Not long ago we were looking at 11 'Cup Finals' to secure a place in the play-offs. Now we are looking like chumps. The only saving grace is that our season has somehow gone beyond expectations on a few fronts, and we are still handily placed to push into play-off contention if we can find the cojones. Of course, we all know that Rovers have it in them to push on, but deep down I suspect none of us will be surprised if the only reference to balls will be a reflection on a monumental balls-up.

Time for the professionals at the club to do their bit.

Balls to anything else!

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Crozzy said:

Let’s get behind the boys tonight. We aren’t ready for playoffs watching the last bunch of games but we could still do it. 
Failure to recruit in Jan has hindered us and some injuries to important players hasn’t helped us. 
Let’s keep supporting them till the end, this is sport and nothing is a dead cert, anything can happen. 
If you’re going to boo at half time if it’s 0-0 do us a favour and stay at home. No one wants to hear that pettiness. You really think that’s going to help make players play well? Embarrassing 

Is making your feelings known about a poor performance any more embarrassing than saying it’s embarrassing on an internet message board?

The fans get behind the players, that’s a given. The players also need to give the fans something to get behind. 
I swear down, we must have the largest self-hating fan base in the world….

• Like 5

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Its crazy! we could finish 5th above Millwall and storm back into the Premier League or finish 12th---well below last season's 8th under Mowbray and with fewer points.

Absolutely nail-biting stuff. However you can't continue to lose or draw regularly and not expect the chasing pack to catch up. We are out of form and seemingly out of ideas at exactly the wrong time.

Yet, looking back at this season and last, I feel much happier about this one whatever the outcome. We do look like we are finally getting it back together, there is heaps of potential  and we have lots of highlights to feast our memories on.

In the end the admin will have cost us, assuming we fail, rather than the players. The squad needed strengthening in key areas and it wasn't.

Let's have 2 decent strikers and continue to develop Leonard, let's sort that midfield out and we'll be knocking on the door again!

Better times ahead.

A “project” in other words. I didn’t have you down as a dewy eyed , blue and white spangled, happy  clapping chaddy chum, 47er. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A “project” in other words. I didn’t have you down as a dewy eyed , blue and white spangled, happy  clapping chaddy chum, 47er. 

Very harsh Jim, very harsh!

I'll give the whole lot of them next season. If he tries to take us on a 5 year "journey" I'll be on to him Chaddy or no Chaddy!

Agree with most here saying that JDT needs to ring the changes.  Brereton, Gallagher, Morton and Travis complete passengers in recent weeks so drop them all from the start and let someone else have a go. Got a feeling he wont though so expecting another grinding performance that could easily swing by 1 goal either way.

On a positive the results of teams around us seem to be going reasonably well for us, lets hope the same happens again tonight. At least its still in our hands given the fixtures remain against the playoff sides.

• Like 1

Ticket sales for tonight are awful given the position we are in. Really feel like this should have been the £10 game rather than Reading a couple of weeks ago.

Tonight is literally make or break for us. We simply have to win.

• Like 3

Without stating the obvious, tonight is the biggest game of the season so far. Win or draw & it stays in our hands (just in the latter case), lose & we start being reliant (or at least too reliant) on others.

Results mainly went our way last night  with only W Brom making any real move (and they now have real momentum, where were they 3 weeks ago??).

To keep hopes up of a top 6 finish, we have to win tonight. Ideally we do it in style, but I'll take any kind of win. 

I think bring Adam Wharton into a 3 in the middle, with BBD, (possibly Hedges) Thomas and Leonard up front.

Stick with same back 5 if possible. Close call between Pears & TK but keep it simple. Brittain in for Pickering if he's injured.

JDT needs to make sure that if changes are needed,he makes them promptly, first half if needed. We cannot let this opportunity to jump up to 5th (whilst holding off 8th) pass us by, otherwise I fear that would be it in reality this season. 

4 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Ticket sales for tonight are awful given the position we are in. Really feel like this should have been the £10 game rather than Reading a couple of weeks ago.

Tonight is literally make or break for us. We simply have to win.

Yep, the Reading game was such a strange game to make a £10. A midweek red button game in March, so obviously before the run-in had really ramped up.