BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Any idea if Dack is anywhere near. Last we heard was he wasn’t going to make Huddersfield but this game will be 9 days since then.

LT from a few days ago: And the head coach says that the 29-year-old will also miss the game with Hull City on Saturday, though the hope is that he will return to training on Friday so to be able to feature against Coventry City next Wednesday.

• Like 1

What happens if we turn up and win this one? We have completely failed to deliver in six of the 11 'Cup Finals' so far, and are by a country mile the team with the worst form in the top 10, so it is difficult to see past another chastening reverse against the Sky Blues.

If JDT is being manipulated and having team selections imposed on him (though gawd knows who would be the pupeteer in this case) then I can't see him hanging around over the summer. Instead he will bank the considerable kudos he has gained from the various flashes of brilliance his makeshift team has produced over the summer, and another better run club will gain the benefit of his ability.

In terms of Wednesday, I said before the Hull game, we need to take a leaf out of Boro's play book and get ruthlessa and direct in front of goal. No more fannying around, no more trying to score the goal of the sodding century, no more waiting till conditions are perfect before having a go at goal...it's BUSINESS TIME, boys & girls.

Business Time - Rovers 2 Coventry 1

Monkey Business Time - Rovers 0 Coventry 0

Business gone bad.. Rovers 0 Coventry 3

COYB... it's BUSINESS TIME 😉

The Coventry away match was one of the worst Rovers experiences in decades of supporting and there’s been a fair few of those this season. Their supporters didn’t expect to win and were surprised at how poor we were. Will it be any different this time ? Unlikely.

This fixture also has echoes of 1966-67 when Coventry shaded a crunch match at Ewood late in the season that effectively ended our promotion hopes. Not a good omen

• Like 1

We could so use a win right now any old way it comes.

Sadly i just see more of the same here we've completely reverted to type this isn't a new dawn it's still Mowbrays Rovers. Bitterly disappointed with what iv'e seen recently, cup game aside.

Possession gets you midtable penetration gets you where you want to be so time to be bold.

Do we or the gaffer have it in us ?

Coventry   2     Rovers    0

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

They have 1 defeat in their last 13 games.

Watched them last week and they are a good side.

Don't see us getting another point all season.

They will come and play to win so its will also help us in terms of our attacking games. 

I just don't get people/fans negative attitude again. We are 6th in the league still which plenty of fans thought we would dropped off before now. 

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Isn’t Ayala nearly back from his mid season sabbatical? I’d be tempted to throw him up front. I wish I was joking but I’d wager he’d be a better punt than Gallagher.

Might be back this week in training so probably need a couple of weeks of training first

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Where is this ‘rumour’ that someone is playing Football Manager with us and JDT isn’t actually picking the team?

another baseless rumour that someone is at best guessing at

After watching the dross shooting last night i stuck on 100 great goals from the 00s this morning,Brereton and Gally are not in the same stratosphere as some forwards we had that decade,some great goals on that dvd from the likes of Cole,Santa Cruz,Bellamy and Jansen showing what a good Forward  player looks like.

As for this game Gyorkeres to get 2 in a 2-0 Cov win.Season over and the apologists to go with well nobody expected us to be this high up anyway.

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

After watching the dross shooting last night i stuck on 100 great goals from the 00s this morning,Brereton and Gally are not in the same stratosphere as some forwards we had that decade,some great goals on that dvd from the likes of Cole,Santa Cruz,Bellamy and Jansen showing what a good Forward  player looks like.

As for this game Gyorkeres to get 2 in a 2-0 Cov win.Season over and the apologists to go with well nobody expected us to be this high up anyway.

this season was never going to be about surefire promotion or the play offs,jdt needs 3/4 players to have a real go at it,ship the deadwood out and get some better players in,we ar`nt that far off being a good side

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't get people/fans negative attitude again. We are 6th in the league still which plenty of fans thought we would dropped off before now. 

We've won 1 in 6, and haven't scored in 3 of the last 4.

The PO's were there for the taking. AGAIN. I'm sure you can understand why there's a bit of frustration?

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't get people/fans negative attitude again. We are 6th in the league still which plenty of fans thought we would dropped off before now

It really isn’t hard to understand.

We have “dropped off” over the last half dozen matches, at a crucial time as the season approaches it’s climax.

If we were on a good run and an upward trajectory we would all be feeling far more bullish and confident.

We look absolutely bereft of a goal threat and are failing to beat the kind of teams we should be beating, egs Birmingham and an injury ravaged Hull.

IF we win on Wednesday, people will regain a little confidence in our prospects.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I didn't expect us to be this high up but there will be no apologising for the inept chancers behind the scenes.

22 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We've won 1 in 6, and haven't scored in 3 of the last 4.

The PO's were there for the taking. AGAIN. I'm sure you can understand why there's a bit of frustration?

Yet the playoffs are still down to what we do and its down to the players and JDT to get the results to get it. Not like last season when it was other teams results 

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It really isn’t hard to understand.

We have “dropped off” over the last half dozen matches, at a crucial time as the season approaches it’s climax.

If we were on a good run and an upward trajectory we would all be feeling far more bullish and confident.

We look absolutely bereft of a goal threat and are failing to beat the kind of teams we should be beating, egs Birmingham and an injury ravaged Hull.

IF we win on Wednesday, people will regain a little confidence in our prospects.

People need to look at the situation properly we are 6th and its down to our results not others. 

My mood doesn't swing game to game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet the playoffs are still down to what we do and its down to the players and JDT to get the results to get it. Not like last season when it was other teams results 

People need to look at the situation properly we are 6th and its down to our results not others. 

My mood doesn't swing game to game. 

I think 'people' know it's in our hands. I think the expectation is that it won't be in about 4 days time because 'people' aren't confident we'll beat Coventry...or anybody. 

I'm an optimist when it comes to Rovers in the main....but I think we've hit a very bad patch at the worst possible time.