BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

If the club are planning on a firesale, then venkys can rot in hell and its time for major protests not that the obedient mind enslaved supporters will bother.  We are truly fucked if this is true and i hope its not.  We can never build something sustainable because we are based on quicksand 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How can you proclaim this as a season of improvement when at best we will match last seasons points tally? Throw all the intangibles and buzzwords you want at me, we haven't improved on results and points.

We aren't Norwich. But even in your make belief world where we sell Wharton for a gigantic fee, which is a huge if, he has played a dozen games. Where is the evidence of us being a club run in a way where we re invest and build a new team? I dont know where you have been for the last 12 years.

I would understand this project and building for a better next season narrative more if we had been mid table and things had started to build more in recent weeks. But quite the opposite. We haven't won in 8 or 9 games, we have regressed! 

We didn't beat Coventry and PNE due to blatant cheating and a fluke. We didn't draw against Burnley due to incompetent refereeing. The football has been very good - we simply don't have any quality in the front 3.

We've CLEARLY progressed as a team - if you can't see that then I can't help you. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m also struggling with the idea of it being an enjoyable season too. The events of Tuesday night will haunt me for a long time.

I haven't enjoyed so many of the performances. Away days at Burnley, Wigan, Reading, Luton, Cardiff, Rotherham, Sunderland were shameful really.

The recent Burnley home event was received with a cold resignation and confirmation imo that we are going nowhere with these owners.

I had decided to renew, but now I think I need a show of faith from the club after what feels like another dustbin season. After "journey to nowhere", we have lived through  "project sham"..

And so much of this toothless, walking football has been shown (up) on TV to be seen by my friends and family all over the world....

• Like 9

• Backroom

Can we have a new captain next season please? Travis just isn’t captain material, many weeks he’s barely footballer material 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We didn't beat Coventry and PNE due to blatant cheating and a fluke. We didn't draw against Burnley due to incompetent refereeing. The football has been very good - we simply don't have any quality in the front 3.

We've CLEARLY progressed as a team - if you can't see that then I can't help you. 

Come on be real. We simply cannot have progressed as a "team" if a major component is lacking.

Its like saying it's a lovely car, just missing an engine, but nevermind it looks nice.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, booth said:

If I remember correctly Madame Desai said we were to rely on the academy more, and it's pretty obvious that's what we're doing. So I'm just going off what's out there on that one.

With the other stuff I was told something during the game by an insider, regarding next years plans and it confirmed what JDT said about loans and freebies and that we were allowing certain players to speak to clubs. If true then the project is another sham and most supporters will be absolutely appalled. If it is true then I'm sure the usual journo's will already know about it and it'll be reported soon.

Btw, the last time I was "in the know" was back in the early days of Venkys ownership, and I realised then I wanted to be plugged back into the matrix. So no, I'm definitely not "in the know" these days. I'd rather be blissfully unaware at the behind the scenes antics at Rovers. The shambles in January pales in comparison to the Kean and Shaw days.

Depends which 'certain' players those are. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Can we have a new captain next season please? Travis just isn’t captain material, many weeks he’s barely footballer material 

He is getting to Jason Lowe territory of having to start a descriptive sentence of him, with "as long as he doesn't have the ball".

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Come on be real. We simply cannot have progressed as a "team" if a major component is lacking.

Its like saying it's a lovely car, just missing an engine, but nevermind it looks nice.

No, you're right.

I was wrong. JDT out. 

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No, you're right.

I was wrong. JDT out. 

No shame in being completely wrong.

I'm not actually an ardent JDT out merchant BTW, but am a bit shocked at how bad this death spiral really is.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What constitutes “good football”? Passing it round but mostly backwards to no avail?

Despite what TV pundits and viewers would have you believe, the point of a game of football is scoring more goals than your opponents. Good football = goals. What’s good about what we are doing?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's like going out with an attractive girl who has the personality of a stale cheese sandwich 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

What constitutes “good football”? Passing it round but mostly backwards to no avail?

Despite what TV pundits and viewers would have you believe, the point of a game of football is scoring more goals than your opponents. Good football = goals. What’s good about what we are doing?

Sorry mate I've already conceded the point. The football is shit. JDT out. 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Possession statistics? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Come on. As an example the “football” tonight was awful unless you enjoy watching endless passes in our defensive third. It’s excruciating to watch and so frustrating when the idea of the game is to score goals. The Luton keeper had very little to do tonight and he hasn’t been the first in many games recently ….. condemnation of our manager and his style of play

• Like 5

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Less than a goal a game on average in 2023 tells its own story. Scoring goals and winning matches are surely the things we enjoy most about football - and yet we barely score and are currently on a 9 game winless run. This isn't enjoyable. Not all JDT's fault at all, get a decent striker in January and we probably finish at least a few chances, have a few more points and are potentially looking at a top 6 place - none of that happened though, so it is what it is now. 

Our most enjoyable season since relegation was probably our League 1 campaign, which says it all when it comes to Venky's ownership of the club. The only success we've had is in a league two divisions below the one they found us in.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 7

“We need a manager who knows what he is doing.”

What like Mowbray? Who had years, multiple transfer windows and a far bigger budget and still didn’t manage the play-offs for us. And relied on Diaz to score a shed load for him (more by accidnet than design). But now Diaz is “shit” of course. Well, obviously –the club pathetically lets him go for nothing and then pays him loads to stay on and surprise, he plays at 80%.

"How can it exceed expectations when we're probably going to finish in the same place as last season?"

Knew it wouldn’t be long before Mowbray comparisons arrived. Leave it to others. Can’t be bothered to debunk that tosh. Consider length of time, money spent etc.

Maybe get rid of some dross management behind the scenes. Get shut of the Venkys and agents.

If you really think that team on the pitch was good enough then you know nothing about football. Don’t often agree with Gav but Rovers have over-achieved this season given the dysfunction that goes on at the club. I expected mid to low table.

“How is the 'project' suppose to move forward with our current recruitment team and, reportedly, only frees and loans as transfer options?”

Precisely. All chit-chat about players failings, manager tactics is hot air in the face of this. You could get lucky and find a manager who could work miracles on that criteria but good luck. And which manager worth his salt is going to step into this dysfunction? Why do you think we end up with a Aberdeen reject, a Preston reject, a Coventry reject, a league one player (Sammy), a player who is already on the beach etc etc etc.

New manager? LOL. Of course, because all experience tells us that those who do the recruitment will make a cracking appointment and all the top managers will be desperate to make a bee line to this club.

“Hyam, JRC, Wharton possibly Buckley and Carter. 

Rest can go.” “Squad needs a massive revamp.”

That’s right. We’ve got millions to replace them (what would that be, 20+ players?)

On another note, apparently there isn’t one good ref in this league (or one that hasn’t got it in for us.). That should be fine when we get relegated next year.

“Because they will appoint a bottom of the barrel yes man next.”

Indeed. That is the worry. And then the wheels well and truly come off.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 4