SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

I would like to see:

Wahlstedt

Brittain      Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Rankin-Costello  Wharton   Buckley

Hedges      Ennis       Smodzics

Gallagher to come on for Ennis late on if required.

If our manager could get a tune out of the three lads in the middle, we would have a midfield able to compete with the very best in the division.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I would like to see:

Wahlstedt

Brittain      Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Rankin-Costello  Wharton   Buckley

Hedges      Ennis       Smodzics

Gallagher to come on for Ennis late on if required.

If our manager could get a tune out of the three lads in the middle, we would have a midfield able to compete with the very best in the division.

JDT is never gonna drop Pears when he kept Kaminski out end of last season and hasn’t made a mistake so far this season.
He can’t just drop Pears for no reason

• Like 3

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Gallagher in one of the wide forward roles tomorrow.

I’d love to see a JRC and Wharton midfield partnership.

Big test with Hull quietly doing good business and off the back of a good win last week, but I think our home advantage makes us favourites.

I’m going 2-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Gallagher in one of the wide forward roles tomorrow.

I’d love to see a JRC and Wharton midfield partnership.

Big test with Hull quietly doing good business and off the back of a good win last week, but I think our home advantage makes us favourites.

I’m going 2-1

Yes - I think this is going to be tight. Looking at it realistically we weren't initial that good against WBA and then a couple of quick fire goals change the complexion of the match, similarly against Rotherham 2-0 down and out until they get a player sent off. Hull will be a big test.

• Like 1

Pears

Brittain      Carter       Hyam       Pickering

JRC            Wharton

Hedges                 Sammie           Gilsenan

Ennis 

2-1 (both scored by Ennis)

• Like 3

Is it just me that thinks defensively the first 3 games we have looked a bit brittle? Especially to long balls over the top or long diagonall balls .. 

Attacking wise its going to be tough, I hope Ennis starts and we can bring on Lenoard against tired legs, I'd prefer Hedges over Markandy because I'd like Markandy to come on in a central role as a sub.

The other side we only have Dolan as Gilsesenan is untried in the champ, but have young Zak on the bench ready though. 

Middle is tough, I'd love to see JRC in there but I think JDT will play it safe and it will be Travis and Wharton in there with JRC at right back and the rest of the defense the usual Carter, Hyam and Pickering.

In goal I don't see that changing so Pears it is.

So I'm thinking this line up:

Pears

JRC          Carter         Hyam       Pickering

Travis            A. Wharton

Szmodics

Hedges                 Ennis                 Dolan

27 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Pears

Brittain      Carter       Hyam       Pickering

JRC            Wharton

Hedges                 Sammie           Gilsenan

Ennis 

2-1 (both scored by Ennis)

Love that team!!

• Like 2

We know we are going to see subs tomorrow. Does Ennis get the first half or second?

I guess the Batty injury means JRC at right back with Brittain on the bench as cover for both full backs.

JDT will have looked closely at Hull and will pick a team to beat them so we might see a bit of a twist. 

That said, Rosenior has tried two different formations so far this season so despite their romp against Sheffield Wednesday their selection and tactics are a bit unpredictable particularly with the recruitment of Twine this week.

Hull defense will give us chances so I suspect Ennis might start ahead of Dolan.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

We know we are going to see subs tomorrow. Does Ennis get the first half or second?

I guess the Batty injury means JRC at right back with Brittain on the bench as cover for both full backs.

JDT will have looked closely at Hull and will pick a team to beat them so we might see a bit of a twist. 

That said, Rosenior has tried two different formations so far this season so despite their romp against Sheffield Wednesday their selection and tactics are a bit unpredictable particularly with the recruitment of Twine this week.

Hull defense will give us chances so I suspect Ennis might start ahead of Dolan.

I think JDT said Ennis is fit enough to start but not to play 90 minutes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Personally I would play the players in their most effective positions. I would start with Brittain at right-back and JRC right midfield. If the need arises to swap players around, then do it if it happens.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

I’d start the same as Rotherham, except switch out Markanday for Hedges. Bring Markanday and Ennis on later, against tired legs, assuming we’ve worked Hull hard through the game. Dolan, Szmodics and Leonard press effectively and anything close to nerves that Hull might have, we should capitalise on. Travis could be switched for Tronstad, but I don’t think Travis has lost the shirt just yet (I was critical of his captaincy in the Rotherham game, but he’s still of great use in the channels and the middle). Tronstad to either help shore up a lead or allow A Wharton/Buckley via sub to push on for a goal.

I think Rosenior has the makings of an intelligent manager and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sit off us and see what we make of having the ball.

Tight affair, but we looked excellent at Ewood against West Brom, so I’ll go for 3-2: Leonard, Szmodics (pen, redemption) & Ennis late.