BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It shows his positioning perfectly well, and anyone who wants to watch the goal again can do. There’s no excuse for him to be stood there at that moment.

Contrast with Mary Earps who has just now pulled off a save that Buffon would be proud of.

He’s nailed his colours to the Pears mast because JDT is picking him, so pointless engaging in a debate as you’ll wave goodbye to your Sunday afternoon.

Just wait a couple of weeks until JDT drops him for the Plymouth game and he’ll then be fully in agreement that it’s time for a change back there

• Like 1

Seeing the 2nd Hull goal, the positioning is very poor. This is where Pears falls down as a first choice keeper. He is a good shot stopper and capably at playing out from the back. We have just signed a keeper who got a cap for Sweden this year, looks like a perfect fit for JDT's style of play....I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come into the team in the coming weeks once he's up to speed with things and perhaps gets a a full 90 in the Harrogate game. No way did we sign a 24 year old international to sit on the bench when the whole point of the clubs transfer model is to buy cheap and sell on for high prices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Seriously, fucking look at that!

IMG_1153.png

The hands over the ears (or eyes) Pears support in here from certain posters is baffling.
People were actually claiming he should start ahead of Kaminski! 

League 1 at best, similar to half of yesterdays starting 11. Feel for JDT - but he himself needs to change it up a bit soon (Pears to bench, JRC to midfield, Dolan to bench)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, M_B said:

That's a fair assessment, I'm not supporting Pears or otherwise, just highlighting his  ridiculous examination over the last 2 games. 

Hopefully the magnifying glasses will be put back in the drawer as and when Wahlstedt gets his chance,otherwise he's destined to fail. 

It’s not two games, it’s multiple games at the end of last season where he cost us points too. Far far far from a goalkeeper a promotion ambitious club would start. 

He was poor for goals against Huddersfield, Coventry and Millwall off the top of my head.

• Like 3

I was a bit mean to Ennis post match yesterday with the 'decent in League 1' comment.

His movement is good and he does get into scoring positions evidenced by the missed chances he's had. As his fitness improves I hope his sharpness does too and more of the chances end up in the onion bag.

Ennis and the Gallagher on show yesterday may form a decent partnership that can score on a regular basis.

I hope so as I will be pleasantly surprised fecking amazed if we sign a proven striker in the next week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Anybody who was there and has a brain could see how well we acquitted ourselves. 

Not sure where you're getting the 'slagging off' from?

I was there, I have a brain. I thought we were poor, against a team that overdid their attacking play. When they went direct they split our defence with ease. The sending off made little difference to our set up, as we effectively only had ten men with Dolan hiding on the wing. You think we acquited ourselves well, we lost end of story. 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I was there, I have a brain. I thought we were poor, against a team that overdid their attacking play. When they went direct they split our defence with ease. The sending off made little difference to our set up, as we effectively only had ten men with Dolan hiding on the wing. You think we acquited ourselves well, we lost end of story. 

You needed it explaining to you why Gally was tracking back. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alexanders said:

There has been so much slagging off after what was a heroic performance yesterday. Its painful reading it. 

Absolute nonsense. Certain aspects of our play has been criticised for sure. But you know what, whisper it but Tomasson himself criticised our inability to deal with long, straight balls.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He wasn't. That's been explained to you. 

The only explanation given, was to give cover for Brittain at left-back. This did not happen as Brittain drifted over to a left center-half position, to accomodate Gallys position.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its great showing that but doesn't showed the full action of that moment as you see why he is actually so far to start with. 

The replays of the goal here certainly do though. He took far too long to correct his position when the player moved inside. He then didn't fucking move for the shot. Connelly could have put that almost anywhere and scored.

First goal is one that could potentially be saved by a good goalkeeper too.

• Like 6