BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

Battling, brilliant bounce back from the Hull match.

Watford controlled possession but Rovers chased and harried, mostly restricting Watford to long-range efforts.

Good game for: Pears (clean sheet), Hyam & Carter (organised), Travis (harried), Hedges (his running broke up their attacks), Scott Wharton (strong off the bench when it mattered).

Poor game for: Dolan (I fear not Championship standard).

In addition: Moran (once up to speed could be a gem), Adam Wharton (Dunn enthusiasm, game time will help iron out the slips) and Leonard (needs game time, but tricky when just one up top).

Great result!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, USABlue said:

Strange how Hedges gets hammered for that yet no one mention Pears not killing any time right before that.  Pears handles it right and the Hedges thing would never have happened.

Yeh it was a fabulous team goal and play started from pears. Beautiful Goal!

• Backroom
8 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What a good result. A disciplined performance with a fantastic goal to win it. 

I'll say that without that striker we all want JDT will need more moments of exquisite skill to win matches.

A word on Gallagher. He is such a conundrum. Rovers picked it up when he came on but he does some odd things.

In his eagerness to get involved he was flagged offside from a Travis through ball. He had no need to go that early. 

He tried to play in Travis before Hadges goal, but he over hit the pass.

Late on he got caught mazy dribbling in his own half and lost it. Yet soon after he headed away a dangerous corner. 

I think his pass to Travis was the perfect weight. Trav’s legs just went as he’d busted a gut in the move.

He similarly linked up play brilliantly for the Moran chance 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Did anyone see the Sammy Szmodics flag as Watford, I've not seen it myself, if anyone has a photo to share that would be great.

The lad is firmly a fan favourite, a superb buy by the team.

He was a slow burner initially Gav but now is fundamental to the way Tomasson wants us to play. His attitude rubs off on other players and he doesn't feel sorry for himself when he makes a mistake. He reminds me in so many respects of Jamie Vardy.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Wharton got spontaneous applause from Watford fans for one piece of back-heel magic. He is special.

He gave the ball away and we nearly conceded on the counter with another so he should be careful with some of it.

Great player in the making but needs to avoid the Dunn route of thinking it's all about him, hopefully the coaching staff are onto it.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He was a slow burner initially Gav but now is fundamental to the way Tomasson wants us to play. His attitude rubs off on other players and he doesn't feel sorry for himself when he makes a mistake. He reminds me in so many respects of Jamie Vardy.

He does have a habit of giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Obviously did v Hull and did it again yesterday. Looked up and passed it right into trouble.

Clearly doesn't let it affect him but it affects me!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

blockquote widget

Yeah it's my flag that Gav. He epitomises Arte Et Labore doesn't he 🫡

IMG_20230827_125247_1.jpg

Well Abram Rover I salute you, great flag for a special player and you're spot on, he epitomises Arte Et Labore

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

Did anyone see the Sammy Szmodics flag as Watford, I've not seen it myself, if anyone has a photo to share that would be great.

The lad is firmly a fan favourite, a superb buy by the team.

Smodicz has really nailed what it takes to be a fan favourite, he showed in the 2-2 game that even when playing poorly as long as you work your socks off you will get our support. 

Different times and different styles but I think his direct running style and work rate has shades of Rothwell 

I was at the game yesterday. But I watched the football league show highlights on itv and noticed Watford v rovers wasn’t on the show. Does anyone know why? - 

Wow I must be hungover. I’m being a an idiot. The highlights show is filmed on a Saturday night 😂 

Edited by ruggles1995
  • Like 6

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

I was at the game yesterday. But I watched the football league show highlights on itv and noticed Watford v rovers wasn’t on the show. Does anyone know why?

Probably because it was on Sky, and therefore they have the rights 

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fans always take to players who are obviously putting in 100% effort, even if they aren’t always the most skilful.

Gallagher should get more credit, the lad puts in 110% every game. 

• Like 7

Great result and needed after Hull City. Dolan was terrible, play him against Harrogate and see if he can get some confidence but he contributed zero yesterday

With Gallagher, Ennis and Sigurdsson when fit, Dolan should not be in the match day X1. Plus hopefully one more centre forward to sign, as Leonard currently looks lightweight to me

Gally: After scoring early this season, Just becoming a father, Refreshing performances to see from him so far. Held the ball up when required looked to run channels from central position and a big part of Hedges goal. How many headers did he win yesterday from a central role 

• Like 1