BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

We need to be a lot better defensively here and the enforced change to the back 4 is not ideal. Gallagher has to start and Ennis must be getting close to one. I’d go…

Pears

Brittain       Carter           Hyam      JRC

Travis          Wharton

Hedges              Szmodics        Gallagher

Ennis

Travis just gets the nod as Tronstad is still getting up to speed, but based on pre-season and Walsall I’d like to see Garrett get a few more chances too. Defensive options on the bench look very limited. I’d have Gilsenan among the subs before Markanday.

Decided to brave a 5am Megabus for this one after Sky kindly moved it to a train-unfriendly time.

No idea what to expect as we are so hot and cold. A slow start is a must avoid as teams like Watford (as they showed v QPR) can blow you away on their day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Making the relatively short trip for this one. Never been to Vicarage Road, any one have any advice?

It's not great I'm afraid.

The concourse is terribly small and cramped and no alcohol served if you were planning on having a beer or 2...

18 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Making the relatively short trip for this one. Never been to Vicarage Road, any one have any advice?

I wouldn't, I really wouldn't. Unattractive ground and town, and we're going to get tonked.

Save your money

31 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

There's loads of pubs, just not sure how great they are tbh!

I think I'll head to O'Neills just by the station - although got a feeling they don't serve until 11am (some are 10am on a Sunday). So will be just a pint or 2 before the game - imagine most of the better local pubs are closed until kick off. 

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't, I really wouldn't. Unattractive ground and town, and we're going to get tonked.

Save your money

We might get tonked, but after their QPR game I've seen nothing from their Plymouth (0-0) and Stoke (0-1) results to have us any more worried than usual. 

40 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

There's loads of pubs, just not sure how great they are tbh!

I think I'll head to O'Neills just by the station - although got a feeling they don't serve until 11am (some are 10am on a Sunday). So will be just a pint or 2 before the game - imagine most of the better local pubs are closed until kick off. 

We might get tonked, but after their QPR game I've seen nothing from their Plymouth (0-0) and Stoke (0-1) results to have us any more worried than usual. 

Are you aware it's a good 20-25 minute walk from the station to Vicarage Road.

Pears

Travis          Wharton

Ennis

Heat map. 90 mins. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Pears

Travis          Wharton

Ennis

Heat map. 90 mins. 

I see Pears still hasn't got his positioning sorted.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Are you aware it's a good 20-25 minute walk from the station to Vicarage Road.

I am! The quick pint or 2 is if they serve alcohol at 10am, otherwise it will be a quick breakfast and setting off for the ground shortly after 11. 

Note - not to sound like an alcoholic, but a Guinness wouldn't go amiss after a 4 hour coach! 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 1

I'm ignoring what I think JDT will do and instead giving the team that I'd pick...

Leo the Brave

Carter Hyam Wharton

JRC Travis Wharton Tronstad Brittain

Szmodics

Ennis 

3-5-1-1 with inverted wing backs. Call me Pep. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

been a couple of times, play-off semi final in 1989 was a great occasion and then under Souness

Both victories

Its not as bad as people say tbh