Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

my team 

Wahlstedt

Brittain  Carter  Hyam  Hedges

Tronstad  Wharton

JRC         Szmodics    Gallagher 

Ennis

Time to play Leo Wahlstedt and see if he is has good enough we seen in highlights clips and if he should be our number 1 keeper long term and is better than Pears. I still rated Pears alot but I do think its time to see Leo Wahlstedt in action. That's my opinion and I will stick by it

Hedges is playing left back as I want a left footed there and I don't think Batty is ready to start a championship game. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Time to play Leo Wahlstedt and see if he is has good enough we seen in highlights clips and if he should be our number 1 keeper long term and is better than Pears. I still rated Pears alot but I do think its time to see Leo Wahlstedt in action. That's my opinion and I will stick by it         

You’ve literally just changed it 😄

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We need to be a lot better defensively here and the enforced change to the back 4 is not ideal. Gallagher has to start and Ennis must be getting close to one. I’d go…

Pears

Brittain       Carter           Hyam      JRC

Travis          Wharton

Hedges              Szmodics        Gallagher

Ennis

Travis just gets the nod as Tronstad is still getting up to speed, but based on pre-season and Walsall I’d like to see Garrett get a few more chances too. Defensive options on the bench look very limited. I’d have Gilsenan among the subs before Markanday.

Pears will be there. He set off walking to Watford at the weekend just as Hull were about to score.

Pears 

Carter          Hyam       Wharton

Jrc.     Wharton Travis  Buckley    Hedges 

Szmodics 

Gallagher 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, M_B said:

Pears 

Carter          Hyam       Wharton

Jrc.     Wharton Travis  Buckley    Hedges 

Szmodics 

Gallagher 

I also think we will go 352. Could be a bit different though with any of Ennis, Tronstad, Garrett, Brittain getting game time

Edited by joey_big_nose

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I also think we will go 352. Could be a bit different though with any of Ennis, Tronstad, Garrett, Brittain getting game time

Yeah, it's difficult to predict, I just don't fancy Brittain at left back. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, philipl said:

Good test of the squad and JDT ball.

Optimistic but not confident if that makes sense.

My thoughts also.

Head says defeat, but I’ve seen enough from the opening few games to hold some optimism.

On 21/08/2023 at 17:01, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Wahlstedt

Brittain  Carter  Hyam  Hedges

Tronstad  Wharton

JRC         Szmodics    Gallagher 

Ennis

Hedges is playing left back as I want a left footed there and I don't think Batty is ready to start a championship game. 

Doubt Wahlstedt will come in till the league cup game 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Doubt Wahlstedt will come in till the league cup game 

Don't think we can afford to wait.

The lad has a full cap with Sweden.

Pears is so unconvincing and, IMO, was at fault with both goals against Hull.  Kaminski would have saved the first whilst Pears' indecision and poor judgement left him in 'no man's land' for the second.

It's a no brainer.

• Like 6

Pickering being suspended is a bit of a concern, but seems we've got 3 strikers who will be useful even if none are the silver bullet option.

It's not a big leap to say we could be here with 4 wins from 4 so far this season if Szmodics and Pickering hadn't cost us early on. And regardless of the final result against Hull, it was a hell of a performance for 80 minutes with 10 men.

Hopefully the past 2 games have at least shown that the days of us rolling over every other weekend are behind us.

Don't get anyone sent off and score any penalties we are awarded, and I fancy us to win. 2-0

Starting striker with a brace (no idea who it will be... Probably Gally... So we won't get a pen because I'm not sure how we can get one, not miss it and Gally score both a 2-0 win, that just doesn't seem possible).