BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Leonard looks like a great prospect. 

Hedges is very good defensively.

But Dolan shouldn't be playing imo. 

Leonard will be a good player, no doubt about that. I don't think he's quite ready though.

Hedges is decent as a back up but his final ball is a bit wasteful. He's significantly better than Markanday though.

Dolan is just woeful. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looks like it’s Buckley who is the sacrificial lamb for an incoming or two.

Dont know what else Gilsenen has to do to get a place on the bench. 

I understand this, but 90 mins for the U21s instead Of 10-15 mins when trying to come back after an injury makes sense

• Like 1

Dolan isn't woeful, but he is way out of form. Today is huge for him personally, plays well & he may we still be here next weekend, otherwise I can see him gone with a year left on his deal & now we have Moran for the season.

Other than that it's as expected, team picks itself atm.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Off to try and find a pub in Mallorca to watch the game, where randomly it’s absolutely pissing down!

We got some rain yesterday for about an hour. Lovely again now, but a bit windy.

You should find a bar showing it. 

• Like 1

Not particularly hopeful for today. Only way I can see us getting 3 points is by keeping it tight first half with Gallagher and Moran coming on around the hour mark and making an impact. Front 3 look dire. 

On a separate note I feel quite sorry for Leonard. He's getting all these minutes at the start of the season, but the attacking players around him offer no service. He's a good finisher, but I can see his playing time becoming more limited once the window shuts and we have a better supporting cast.

Buckley flatters to deceive quite a lot. He appears to be one of those players that has talent but struggles with consistency. He's now behind Wharton, Tronstad, Travis, probably even JRC as an option in midfield. He's 23 now. Very much a now or never season for him. Personally I think he's far too casual in his play to be a top player at this level. For every great pass he plays, there's a really sloppy giveaway that puts us under the cosh.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Buckley dropped no injury..absolute joke…if JDT is planning to leave soon he better not get rid of Buckley

Buckley is so frustrating, simply because he clearly does have some quality about him. He was very good playing further forward under Mowbray but even though he has the skill set to play deeper, he has been poor there. He seems to by trying to play an 'intelligent' game at his own pace. 

Hopefully him being dropped is a rocket up his arse and not a sign that he's leaving. There's an excellent championship player in him, but absolutely no consistency. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Buckley is so frustrating, simply because he clearly does have some quality about him. He was very good playing further forward under Mowbray but even though he has the skill set to play deeper, he has been poor there. He seems to by trying to play an 'intelligent' game at his own pace. 

Hopefully him being dropped is a rocket up his arse and not a sign that he's leaving. There's an excellent championship player in him, but absolutely no consistency. 

There is consistency. He is consistently poor. This has been way overdue.

Nerves kicking in now, as even thought it’s early days, a win gets the tails up and it’s let’s crack on time and a defeat, would perhaps be a bad dent to an early season optimism.

As usual with Rovers games, the first goal will be crucial. 

• Like 1