BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Harrogate (a) - 31/8/23 - Carabao Cup

16 hours ago, rigger said:

My team for Wednesday would be :

Wahlstadt

Brittain                                 Carter                               Wharton                          Pickering

Buckley                         Tronstad                         Garrett

Moran                          Gallagher                        Markanday

Subs :   Pears, Dolan, JRC , Gamble, Batty, Ennis.                            

Gilsenan is a must starter after his motm performance in the last round.

And we need to save Carter and Britain. 

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Gilsenan is a must starter after his motm performance in the last round.

And we need to save Carter and Britain. 

So who would you play instead of Carter and Brittain, also where would you play Gilsenan ?

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

I would shove dolan full back as a trial. Hes woeful going forward. But he might just solve us a full back crisis. He has the attributes, hes got some pace, hes fit enough to get up and down, and he does fill in well tracking back. he did on sunday when brittain was out of position. Its not the hardest position in the world to play. Might also free up having to get another full back in. 

Dont see how Dolan plays full back? Poor in air, lacks pace,  and his defensive game is all about pressing and closing - not something you can do much at full back where holding good position is paramount.

---------------------Wahlstedt

Brittain---Gamble---Wharton---Pickering

-----Garrett-------Tronstad--------Buckley

---Moran---Gallagher----Gilsenan

Edit: Forgot Moran was playing

Or

---------------------Wahlstedt

Brittain---Gamble---Wharton---Pickering

---------------Garrett-------Tronstad

Markanday-------Gilsenan---------Moran

-----------------------Gallagher

Edited by davulsukur

I would shove dolan full back as a trial. Hes woeful going forward. But he might just solve us a full back crisis. He has the attributes, hes got some pace, hes fit enough to get up and down, and he does fill in well tracking back. he did on sunday when brittain was out of position. Its not the hardest position in the world to play. Might also free up having to get another full back in. 

Exactly my thoughts. 

A good place to try. 

hes a professional football player. We aren't asking a chef to play football. Wing and full back are not the hardest positions to adjust to if the player in question works hard off the ball which dolan can do. Its not like your playing a keeper outfield. Dolan would literally be playing in the same area of the pitch. he will just be more in his own half than usual. Likes of ashley young, james milner have both done it. Look at matt cash at villa, hes gone from right back to right wing on the weekend. players that can play in the wide areas can adjust to playing wing or full back if they have the right attributes. We literally barely have any full backs and we have no money, and dolans been awful on the wing. Imo it would be worth a look, it wont do any harm, hes got more experience than a kid with no experience in there, and if he plays well might be able to save some money\loan\signing on a full back and it might help refresh his rovers career. 

Dolan would be like a fish out of water at full back. Some players can play different positions but I don't believe that Dolan has any of the attributes and certainly not the discipline to play in a defensive role. It's just not going to happen in my view.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Gallagher, Moran, Wahlstedt and Buckley are starting according to JDT.

JRC out injured until after the international break and Batty won't make tomorrows game.

Reading Rovers website, it seems like Pickering is a starter too.

And his comment that it will be nice to see new players could point to a couple of youngsters getting debuts although going raw youth in both central defence and right back is a huge risk.

Perhaps Gamble in defence and Bloxham further forward given they were in the set up at Watford?

If Dolan is being moved around, perhaps to number 10 to see if he can hack it there although I'd much prefer Gilsenan there if he is fit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Gamble and Dolan.

Be interested to see is Dolan could play like a right sided Le Saux. 

Doubt it will work, but he isn't doing the job further forward..

Dolan as a right sided Le Saux.

I've definitely heard it all now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Leo

Dolan

Gamble

Wharton

Pickering

Buckley

Tron

Garrett

Markandy

Moran 

Gilsenan 

Trying Dolan at RB and giving Moran a chance up front.  

I don't care about getting through. 

Don't 'care about getting through'? Wow.

Personally speaking, I want us to win every single game we play.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I find it incredible that any fan doesn't want to progress in any competition. Beating West Ham last season was one of the highlights for me. And Tomasson thankfully makes a big thing about progressing in both cups when the games come around. Quite the opposite of his dolt of a predecessor.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wahlstedt 

Buckley Gamble Wharton Pickering

Tronstad  Garrett

Markanday  Moran  Dolan

Gallagher 

I need to go to an optician stat because I swear I see John Buckley right back

41 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I never can grasp why people say such drivel whenever we play in the cups.

If the argument was that it isn't as important as other games, fine, but I can't fathom not caring.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never can grasp why people say such drivel whenever we play in the cups.

If the argument was that it isn't as important as other games, fine, but I can't fathom not caring.

We want to get through of course. 

But in the real world we are very short of defenders and I wouldn't risk an important player on a crap pitch. 

JDT loves the competition but made 11 changes. At least I am honest. 

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

We want to get through of course. 

But in the real world we are very short of defenders and I wouldn't risk an important player on a crap pitch. 

JDT loves the competition but made 11 changes. At least I am honest. 

Rotating to protect players? Understandable. Not caring if we win or lose? Not at all understandable.

• Like 1