BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Harrogate (a) - 31/8/23 - Carabao Cup

Some selections are obvious, Wahlstadt, Buckley, Tronstad, Garrett, Scott Wharton and Markanday should all play. Id also be inclined to rest as many of Saturdays potential team as possible with the quick turn around but it could be hard to change everyone due to the lack of backing in the transfer market.

Moran and Gallagher should both start on Saturday but would they be better with 60 minutes in their legs or to be saved? And would we want to be throwing in players like Gamble?

• Like 1

My team for Wednesday would be :

Wahlstadt

Brittain                                 Carter                               Wharton                          Pickering

Buckley                         Tronstad                         Garrett

Moran                          Gallagher                        Markanday

Subs :   Pears, Dolan, JRC , Gamble, Batty, Ennis.                            

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

My team for Wednesday would be :

Wahlstadt

Brittain                                 Carter                               Wharton                          Pickering

Buckley                         Tronstad                         Garrett

Moran                          Gallagher                        Markanday

Subs :   Pears, Dolan, JRC , Gamble, Batty, Ennis.                            

image.thumb.jpeg.77db6c4e9373b874a510143389cbd270.jpeg

I think we’ll leak a few goals if Wahlstadt is stood on the corner flag all game 👀

• Like 7

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Banana skin if wholesale changes ?

Need to be organised and switched on for this one.

Eleven changes made for Walsall.

Despite injuries and a suspension, we are still looking at plenty of first team experience if JDT does an eleven man switch.

Will he give Moran and Gally added game time?

• Like 1

• Backroom

My only issue with making 11 changes is who plays full back and centre back?

Barnes, Pickering and Batty are injured.

That leaves only Hyam, Carter, Brittain and Wharton with first team experience to my knowledge. Wharton will play but who are the other 3? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madon said:

My only issue with making 11 changes is who plays full back and centre back?

Barnes, Pickering and Batty are injured.

That leaves only Hyam, Carter, Brittain and Wharton with first team experience to my knowledge. Wharton will play but who are the other 3? 

I think Pat Gamble will get a start alongside Scott Wharton with Pickering playing left back. With JRC going off injured on Sunday it could be too risky to start Brittain there. I think Gilsenan will feature too and Gallgher needs game time as does Tronstad who I think will partner Garrett in central midfield.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Eleven changes made for Walsall.

Despite injuries and a suspension, we are still looking at plenty of first team experience if JDT does an eleven man switch.

Will he give Moran and Gally added game time?

Away to a small lower former non league team tiny packed ground completely different experience for the kids to strolling about on Ewood.

We should be fine but like i said these games have banana skin written all over them.

• Madon pinned this topic
  • Backroom

Wahlstedt

Brittain Gamble Wharton Pickering

Garrett Tronstad

Markanday Moran Gilsenen

Gallagher

Pretty light at full back!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madon said:

Wahlstedt

Brittain Gamble Wharton Pickering

Garrett Tronstad

Markanday Moran Gilsenen

Gallagher

Pretty light at full back!

I’d go with that. Potentially some very interesting options on the bench. I’d expect Bloxham to get some minutes. 

Hilton, Hyam, Davies, Montgomery, Travis, Dolan, Bloxham, Nsangou, Leonard.

Presuming there is something occurring with Buckley .

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think Pat Gamble will get a start alongside Scott Wharton with Pickering playing left back. With JRC going off injured on Sunday it could be too risky to start Brittain there. I think Gilsenan will feature too and Gallgher needs game time as does Tronstad who I think will partner Garrett in central midfield.

Iv not seen anything but surely Gilsenen is injured?In the squad for West Brom, man of the match v Walsall and then not seen in the squad again.

If he is fit then surely he would have been on the bench on Sunday?