BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Harrogate (a) - 31/8/23 - Carabao Cup

3 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Gamble and Dolan.

Be interested to see is Dolan could play like a right sided Le Saux. 

Doubt it will work, but he isn't doing the job further forward..

dolans worst trait,among many,is his complete lack of defensive nous,you might as well pick someone out of the crowd,though seeing him try to win a header would be good fun

30 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I’m a bit annoyed about this. I probably shouldn’t have used the same email address I use for rovers tickets but I didn’t think it would be a big deal. I planned to keep my mouth shut in the posh seats 

IMG_4428.jpeg

Did same. Only just seen it. Fuming 🤬

IMG_1354.png

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. I was going with a mate who lives in Leeds but is a Liverpool fan. He should have bought them with hindsight but with it not being a rivalry and me not being a hooligan, I didn’t think we had to be clever when ordering 

You certainly weren't that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. I was going with a mate who lives in Leeds but is a Liverpool fan. He should have bought them with hindsight but with it not being a rivalry and me not being a hooligan, I didn’t think we had to be clever when ordering 

I’m going with my wife and ten year old . Hardly going to start a riot are we

57 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I’m a bit annoyed about this. I probably shouldn’t have used the same email address I use for rovers tickets but I didn’t think it would be a big deal. I planned to keep my mouth shut in the posh seats 

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_8535.thumb.png.7ca1e7127746866ca6ef3aa00579e1fe.png

Got one as well. Hey ho.

Hope I don’t get my Plymouth ticket cancelled because I’m a Harrogate town fan. 🤣🤣

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m going with my wife and ten year old . Hardly going to start a riot are we

All this has done is deprive Harrogate of income, I imagine that pleases Swag.

The thought of that cretin searching through email address to find Rovers fans is beyond pathetic but fits in with his shithousery.

What a despicable specimen he is.

• Like 1

I dunno what any of you are mad about, if you're honest with yourselves, nor do I see how this would be a Swag plot (and I think he's an asshole).

Of course Harrogate aren't going to want Rovers fans rocking up in their ends, no club does. No harm in trying, but you didn't get away with it, end of. And Swag nor the club benefit from you not getting the tickets. The club has already sold all tickets extremely quickly, so there's nothing more to be gained from 1875 membership now, ergo it won't shift more of them. And moreover, ticket sales are split equally between the clubs, so Rovers are losing half the ticket price on any extra sales.

I dunno if Harrogate are expecting to sell all tickets, but:

1) If they are, they really won't want Rovers fans taking tickets from home supporters, and

2) If they're not, Rovers/Swag definitely don't benefit from helping stop Rovers fans getting home tickets. The home side still won't want bunches of Rovers fans in their end even in this scenario, as it increases the potential for aggro. They're hardly going to conduct some MI5 style intel on your family and criminal background to see if you're trouble, they'll apply a blanket rule to away supporters in the home ends (the same as pretty much every club in the country does for pretty much every game).

I get that you're frustrated you can't go, but be rational.

• Like 7

You have to question those that applied for tickets online being Roves fans and the tickets being in the home ends! Not only that apportioning blame onto others is purely laughable😁

Harrogate is only an hours drive down the A59, why didn't you just venture to their ticket office and buy them ? A much simpler plan and one which would probably have guaranteed a ticket without the aggravation you have all suffered (well those that have had tickets cancelled that is).

Using the same email addresses is a big no if you are buying or intending to buy in the home ends, its so easy to cross reference as checks are made as part of the policing of football matches.

• Moderation Lead

I get that it must be frustrating, but Harrogate don’t know anyone’s intentions, they’re just playing it safe.

Away fans shouldn’t be in the home ends. It gets on my nerves when it happens at Ewood in fairness.

• Like 7

How have Harrogate identified which people are Rovers fans and which are genuine locals / Harrogate fans? Simply by matching email addresses?

How do Harrogate know that those people have a recent purchase history with Rovers?

Presumably Harrogate have requested, and Rovers have supplied, details of supporters and purchasing history. Perhaps those affected might want to ask Rovers what other information they have handed out to third parties without the consent of the individual(s) concerned.

• Like 1

I must admit I couldn’t care less in the slightest. We were never going to get in the 450 away allocation and it clearly said in bold letters tickets for home fans only. Took a chance didn’t work. 

I am pretty amazed they took the time to cross reference addresses of people buying tickets. To be honest considering we are almost certainly the biggest side they’ve ever faced in a competitive game I couldn’t believe tickets weren’t only available to those with a history of purchase in the first place  

Still know a couple that have slipped through Harrogate towns impenetrable security. Plus note to self if this very niche scenario ever presents itself again use the mrs details. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Salford beat the Sky 'mighty' Leeds so we need to respect Harrogate.

It's only 90+ minutes until the lottery, which Leeds lost 😂

Leeds were the only "shock" of the night so chances are if we make it to Round 3, the draw could be a bit of a challenge..

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

Leeds were the only "shock" of the night so chances are if we make it to Round 3, the draw could be a bit of a challenge..

I dunno, just looked them over. It doesn't look that bad. A few where the theoretically weaker team won (Fulham took Spurs out, Sutton Utd are a league below Wycombe, League Two Mansfield beating Championship Sheff W). Even some of the games that went as expected still meant a Championship team losing.