BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 16/09/2023

We don’t make it easy for ourselves do we?

Happy with the three points, but we could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Dolan’s confidence has absolutely gone. You would expect him to cut inside and bend a few shots towards goals. 9/10 he either passed backwards or loses the ball.

Playing JRC and Wharton together in midfield showed how vulnerable we are defensively. Boro we’re just walking through the middle of pitch quite easily and luckily they didn’t punish us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

For the benefit of those not in attendance the Blackburn End went through a repertoire of disparaging chants relating to the masturbatory habits, body mass index and penny-pinching habits of Steve Waggot, who was on the pitch pre-match. I know not all views prevalent on this board are echoed in the stands but on this occasion they seem very closely aligned. 

I actually snorted out loud laughing at this. Great post mate ha ha ha

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

For the benefit of those not in attendance the Blackburn End went through a repertoire of disparaging chants relating to the masturbatory habits, body mass index and penny-pinching habits of Steve Waggot, who was on the pitch pre-match. I know not all views prevalent on this board are echoed in the stands but on this occasion they seem very closely aligned. 

i agree,waggot is a ****!!!!

5 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

In here today, Telalovic was written off after ten minutes of his debut 🤷 I didn’t see the match so can’t comment on how he played but that for me is the definition of rash negativity. 

Can you show me where he has been "written off" by quoting anyone who has been so conclusive. Not saying it didnt happen but most are just commenting on his performance today.

You clearly didnt watch as he played for alot longer than 10 minutes. My opinion was that it was a bit of a struggle for him, he looks very raw and like a player who has been playing in a very low standard division. He made one superb pass but in the main, he struggled to get hold of the ball, looked slow off the mark and missed a sitter. I say all that because it is very reasonable to comment on his performance.

Not a fan of people shutting discussion down because their personal stance is not to judge a player for a specific period of time decided upon by themselves. By all means say actually I though he did x well or provided x to the team. Had he come on and bagged 2 those same people wouldnt reserve judgement so its purely "negativity bashing."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because he has a history of injury issues that Plymouth fans warned us about (along with praising him in terms of quality) and he will have spent basically the first quarter of the season in the treatment room.

We can only hope, but his start here doesnt bode well. The alcohol etc stuff is just hearsay.

He has not been injured in all that time, not sure why people are not grasping it. His I jury that he does actually have now was inflicted in a game and when you see the incident, unsurprising. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

He has not been injured in all that time, not sure why people are not grasping it. His I jury that he does actually have now was inflicted in a game and when you see the incident, unsurprising. 

In all what time? He had a history of injury at Plymouth which saw him play less than half of the minutes last season and he had a bad injury the season prior, their fans warned us he is subject to injury issues and that is what we have found here with 2 issues already.

Just now, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

interesting how people see things differently. i thought JRC strengthened a tiring midfield and made a lot of tackles. he looked good at a point where we were really struggling.

He is a good player but throughout there were huge gaps between our midfield and defence.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

He didn't get any real chances, but I remain optimistic that we did our due diligence with him.

He did get a real chance but ballooned it over. I’m not criticising the player but you have not got your facts right there. 

1 minute ago, toogs said:

He did get a real chance but ballooned it over. I’m not criticising the player but you have not got your facts right there. 

The overplayed pass, when he was offside?

That's the only chance I can think of. Hardly a sitter, or glaring miss though.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Wasn't Carter also given the nickname "carthorse" by some on here after a slightly dodgy spell? 

Seems he's turned into a bit of a thoroughbred now 😁

Wasn’t that just the one poster (the same one celebrating a certain loan move to Sheffield) ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I wonder if Carrick is on borrowed time?

Hilarious how that generation (Lampard, Gerrard, Parker) appear clueless and way over promoted.

Good players don't necessarily make good managers. On the other hand you don't have to have been a good player to be a great manager e.g. Alex Ferguson and Roy Hodgson.

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

offside.thumb.jpg.8c37bc2ecad9030108ee783d0c9914cc.jpg

Jesus 😕

Pears has become invisible. Has someone air-brushed him out?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In all what time? He had a history of injury at Plymouth which saw him play less than half of the minutes last season and he had a bad injury the season prior, their fans warned us he is subject to injury issues and that is what we have found here with 2 issues already.

He is a good player but throughout there were huge gaps between our midfield and defence.

I feel like someone like Tronstad or Garrett would've been able to come in and fill some of those gaps, slow the game down a bit as well to frustrate Boro, obviously the former wasn't in the squad though. I see JRC as more of a creative midfield type when he's in there rather than a Travis type, so I wasn't too surprised that the gaps were still there.

That being said, I think the game was so chaotic at that point, it was going to be hard for any new players to come on and get up to speed with what was happening on the pitch as it really was headless chicken time for the last 20 mins.

• Like 3

Yea always nice for a Saturday win, what I feel though performance wise , we are a mid table champ team , and that’s where we will finish, when we have a venkycap holiding us back it’s prettt much all we can ask for.

perfect example being our much searched for and anticipated striker is basically a markanday of Germany. A project is fine if it’s in addition to a well known and respected striker but it’s galling to expect him to come in as anything close to a finished article to this league 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

The overplayed pass, when he was offside?

That's the only chance I can think of. Hardly a sitter, or glaring miss though.

Agreed. The pass from Leonard was over hit and forced Telalovic wider than he would've wanted. He had to take it on his left foot as the ball was getting away from him.

I am optimistic about him in what I've seen, but I feel there will be a period were like Szmodics and some others, he will need to get up to speed with the fitness levels and expectations of JDT. I just hope we give him a fair shot and that he can grab a goal or two early int his career to set the tone.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea always nice for a Saturday win, what I feel though performance wise , we are a mid table champ team , and that’s where we will finish, when we have a venkycap holiding us back it’s prettt much all we can ask for.

perfect example being our much searched for and anticipated striker is basically a markanday of Germany. A project is fine if it’s in addition to a well known and respected striker but it’s galling to expect him to come in as anything close to a finished article to this league 

just enjoy the 3 points and the fact we are creating really good attacking play

telalovic is nothing like markanday,he`s a lot bigger and a lot quicker,you can`t expect him to start ripping up the division when he`s barely played first team football and not at all in england

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you show me where he has been "written off" by quoting anyone who has been so conclusive. Not saying it didnt happen but most are just commenting on his performance today.

You clearly didnt watch as he played for alot longer than 10 minutes. 

There certainly was at least one poster who suggested that JDT only put the lad on to show Venkys the dross he’s having to put up with up front, and he won’t be playing him again. I can’t be arsed to trawl for it but there are always people on this board - and on the ground - who do write players off very quickly and it has happened since time immemorial. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

• Like 9

Rovers made it more difficult than it should have been despite that shocking reffing not seeing how offside that was but we should have been out of site, Dolan waste of space cocking up two chances, szmodics should have had a hatrick. Other than that we play great football, new lad you can see what he can do but looked a bit off the pace but that will improve. 

also riverside is getting worse for watching football by the year, starting to get into a bad condition, the sooner it gets pulled down the better, think I will stick to buying tickets in JW upper now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

There certainly was at least one poster who suggested that JDT only put the lad on to show Venkys the dross he’s having to put up with up front, and he won’t be playing him again. I can’t be arsed to trawl for it but there are always people on this board - and on the ground - who do write players off very quickly and it has happened since time immemorial. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

That is correct.

On page 11 of this thread one poster - within a short period of the player coming on to the pitch - is telling us he is not up to the required standard.

• Like 7