BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

Reading in talks with an American group about a takeover. Still some delude themselves.

Pretty soon to have the worst owners in the EFL....

Reading have just sold their training ground to Wycombe Wanderers. 

3 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Is it beyond a possibility that Venkies may sell a controlling interest in Rovers using the excuse that the Indian govt are blocking funding. They will still have a degree of ownership and hence save face a bit like the Glaziers at Utd. 

Can't see them ever doing that.

4 hours ago, Old Codger said:

That'll be the Mick Rose whose dad was Fred, and brother Peter who both taught at the College back in the day. Not sure if Mick might have retired from the Holly Tree Chippy these days, and passed it on to the younger generation, but I think his missus (or daughter) can still be seen there from time to time..

There are many ex St. Mary's College folk lurking on these pages - you know who you are (in Thailand, Redditch and the like 🙂 ) Some of us have ended up back in Blackburn and let's be honest, there really are a lot worse places to live!

Father Stuart, Fred Arkwright, Mick Devoy, Joe Rigby (died last week at 96 I heard, RIP), Father Cassidy, John (?) Eastham (Spam), Ma Riley, Ma Burns, Fat Colly Collinridge, Dirty Denis Mahon, Joe Pilling (Groundsman), Tommy Duckworth, Father Wynne, And many others..

Not happy days for me, but for some, no doubt the time of your lives :O)

A good school for football.

Wonderful late 60’s memories (even if I did flunk my O levels)

• Like 1

I've only seen in passing on Facebook and haven't read in detail as I'm out and about but nixon has done a story saying venkys have been approached buy potential buyers but won't sell unless we get to the PL. As frustrating as that is as we'll never get promotion under the venkys, it might at least shut up the crowd who always spout "who is going to buy us" 

• Like 1

Apologies if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but Elliott Jackson at the LT was being a bit of a cheeky bastard this week when he started a story with the headline that Eustace wasn't going to let all the "noise" about the owners situation deflect from his preparation for yesterday's game. Thereby  insinuating that any concern about the subject is a bit of a fuss about nothing. 

That sort of attitude will look a bit silly if the situation does not resolve itself and we ultimately end up being relegated and/or going into administration. I doubt he'd be so flippant if the Club he supported was in a similar boat, that's if he supports anyone.

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I've only seen in passing on Facebook and haven't read in detail as I'm out and about but nixon has done a story saying venkys have been approached buy potential buyers but won't sell unless we get to the PL. As frustrating as that is as we'll never get promotion under the venkys, it might at least shut up the crowd who always spout "who is going to buy us" 

It’s on BRFCS front page. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

So basically, they'll sell when they can pocket the promotion money.

What a set of dunces.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, booth said:

So basically, they'll sell when they can pocket the promotion money.

What a set of dunces.

It's Nixon, so I'd treat the story with a lorry load of salt but even if it were true they'd have to be fairly quick to sell us as a PL Club given that promotion is arguably a licence to get tubbed for a season then go straight back down.

All indications up to now (before the current Court case) were that they'd never consider selling, ever, and in the unlikely event we did ever get promoted under them you'd think being in the Premier League would make them less not more inclined to sell.

• Like 4

What's the difference financially between selling now and selling if we get promoted. Given that the debts would have to be written off.

These people must be so dense, we basically have no chance of getting promoted while they are here.

It's just crackers. And if we ever did make it to the prem, they'd change their mind and decide to stay.

Are they expecting to win the court case then, because there's no way wed get promoted without winning that

It’s utter bollocks as usual! A non committal story that’s worth faff all! Any decent reporter would have dug a bit further rather than announce such tripe - truth is not one bid has been made, there are nor have been offers for over 4 years and any enticement into investment was initially offered then taken off the table !!

• Like 1

I think the only sell if promoted to Prem line is just thrown out as justification to 'protect' their investment when it comes to pacifying the banks, shareholders and Indian court.

They need an excuse to continue reduced funding and do whatever it is that benefits them crunching profit numbers off the VG group balance sheet.

Would they really sell if the miracle of promotion and a guaranteed 100 mill plus suddenly appeared ?

I'm certain they wouldn't.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apologies if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but Elliott Jackson at the LT was being a bit of a cheeky bastard this week when he started a story with the headline that Eustace wasn't going to let all the "noise" about the owners situation deflect from his preparation for yesterday's game. Thereby  insinuating that any concern about the subject is a bit of a fuss about nothing. 

That sort of attitude will look a bit silly if the situation does not resolve itself and we ultimately end up being relegated and/or going into administration. I doubt he'd be so flippant if the Club he supported was in a similar boat, that's if he supports anyone.

I think Jackson is a Sheff Weds supporter.

To be fair, Eustace has been making that point since his arrival.

I guess the chant from yesterday, (“I don’t care about Venkys”), is a bit of a compromise to draw all factions within the fan base together, but it’s a bit too tame for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think Jackson is a Sheff Weds supporter.

To be fair, Eustace has been making that point since his arrival.

I guess the chant from yesterday, (“I don’t care about Venkys”), is a bit of a compromise to draw all factions within the fan base together, but it’s a bit too tame for me.

Is the chant "I don't care about Venky's" simply that one line chanted over and over? Or is it part of a longer song with some additional context?

If not its a bit of an odd message to send out, to the uninitiated it sounds like those singing it aren't too bothered either way way whether Venky's stay or go.

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is the chant "I don't care about Venky's" simply that one line chanted over and over? Or is it part of a longer song with some additional context?

If not its a bit of an odd message to send out, to the uninitiated it sounds like those singing it aren't too bothered either way way whether Venky's stay or go.

That was actually my thought at the time.

Pleased that a large percentage of those going now recognise that Venkys are an issue and were quite relentless in singing that song, but it didn't strike me as a 'Venkys out' message rather a 'I don't care about Venkys my only interest is Rovers' message. 

Suspect a lot less people would have been singing it if it contained the words 'Venkys out' or similar, which is ultimately what we need.

• Like 1

We keep hearing this baseless claim that Venkys might sell if we got back to the PL because they'd get some of their money back and be more attractive to would-be buyers. 

I don't believe this for a second.

Why they would walk away from a position of strength, popularity, publicity and rehabilitated in the eyes of many I'm not sure.

They are probably deluded and arrogant enough to think we could survive in the PL with similar levels of 'investment' as they provide at the moment and want to give it a go.

No, the only way they are leaving here is by being forced out, not voluntarily. A few ways that can happen but I'd say the intervention of government agencies and Courts in their home state is probably our best chance. The alternative is they simply run out of money but that seems unlikely if they really are 'billionaires' and they'd probably just slash costs if they ran low on cash (oh yeah, they've been doing that already).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As per @JamieUK post ⬆️