BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I hope the away kit is stripes rather than pinstripes a La 93/94 and 00/01, they could have chucked in some real nostalgia with a yellow and black 3rd kit. 

We’ve always had good seasons when wearing red and black as an away kit, fingers crossed that continues!

The 95/96 season was poor in the context of being champions. That red and black kit was seen as bad luck and we went back to the previous season's shirt. 

11 hours ago, Bethnal said:

This kit prediction is not one you would pull out of thin air, so if it gets that right, I might give it a bit of weight.

IMG_5109.png

Quite a few people know the kits - I don’t - but I know users of this site have been involved in the design process with the club. 

49 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

That account has been suspended from Twitter...

Could it be that the Club have reached out to get them suspended, due to their leaks? 👀

i dont pray ...but

our father ..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alex l said:

The 95/96 season was poor in the context of being champions. That red and black kit was seen as bad luck and we went back to the previous season's shirt. 

Yeah it was poor, it’s because they ditched the stripes and went for that contrasting arms job ha ha. We got relegated with yellow and black contrasting arms too if I remember rightly, princess trust one?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

That account has been suspended from Twitter...

Could it be that the Club have reached out to get them suspended, due to their leaks? 👀

Highly unlikely but one day that time will come !!! 

Maybe, events in India are beyond their control and the end is nigh .

We can only hope !

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Maybe, events in India are beyond their control and the end is nigh

If the rumour of a further 25 per cent cut in the budget is true that may support that theory 

Transferring a valuable fixed asset off the books and using it as collateral for money put in.

Gradually but forcibly dumbing down the wage bill and budget with only tiny transfer expenditure signed off.

Streamlining the whole operation whilst using player sales to pay most of the operating costs and putting very little funds in.

Using the income to boost the look of the balance sheet whilst using home grown prospects to fill out a third of the squad, down as future assets and potential profit on the books.

Relying more than ever on loaned in players.

Hiring various administrators instead of DoFs and putting another company accountant on the board.

Now it might be in the realms of fantasy but if you were streamlining an operation to look more attractive to potential buyers whilst cutting your own losses............

• Like 3

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anything on transfers or who this new head of recruitment or technical director is?

Heard that an ex-Brighton guys was on the interview list for Technical Director, but not given a name.

And no specifics on transfers - will pass on if I do hear anything (and given the OK to share) 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Is it me or does this all seem a bit fishy?

Given that account  has now been closed down, yes very fishy. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The account hasn't been closed down at all

I thought someone on here said it has. I haven’t checked so obviously that was wrong then. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but here's an interesting piece of analysis that underlines the danger of relying on data analysis & the fact that not all statistics can be relied upon for giving a rounded view of overall performance (i.e. "lies, damn lies & statistics").

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost465?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR32zDyj8N_ZFQms6y1S-Kw-KWnWFBPCCwQCHnT79f73WD9dmctqkMJWDqo_aem_AWoIIujalYiSQGgt81R6DHSzGMzrV6v7RVfM0vv-EStK_UqgFeKKWsY300yHKCicUC86VHE-CQlJf7uJVuQ5UwUW

"The 464th CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post ranks almost 800 clubs from 59 leagues around the world according to a continuity index that considers the stability of the squad, its age structure and the contract policy*. This allows us revealing the teams that are both the most stable and the best prepared to maintain a good level of stability in the seasons to come."

According to this, Rovers are the 25th most stable club in world football!! 😲

I don't know what you're all moaning about...

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but here's an interesting piece of analysis that underlines the danger of relying on data analysis & the fact that not all statistics can be relied upon for giving a rounded view of overall performance (i.e. "lies, damn lies & statistics").

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost465?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR32zDyj8N_ZFQms6y1S-Kw-KWnWFBPCCwQCHnT79f73WD9dmctqkMJWDqo_aem_AWoIIujalYiSQGgt81R6DHSzGMzrV6v7RVfM0vv-EStK_UqgFeKKWsY300yHKCicUC86VHE-CQlJf7uJVuQ5UwUW

"The 464th CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post ranks almost 800 clubs from 59 leagues around the world according to a continuity index that considers the stability of the squad, its age structure and the contract policy*. This allows us revealing the teams that are both the most stable and the best prepared to maintain a good level of stability in the seasons to come."

According to this, Rovers are the 25th most stable club in world football!! 😲

I don't know what you're all moaning about...

We're not even the 25th most stable club in Lancashire.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Independent Football Regulator legislation a victim of the early General Election. 

Its a shame that 47er, fingers crossed it will be picked up again after the election.