BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

8 hours ago, 47er said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/19/football-governance-bill-reveals-extent-of-english-regulators-proposed-powers

Finally the newspaper headline we have all been gagging for:(what could go wrong?

Bad owners could be forced to sell clubs by new English football regulator

Is this actually new? RA was forced to sell Chelsea - it all comes down to how an owner is judged to be bad and by whom.

Think this might end up being en embarrassing PR exercise for the government - not least if FIFA/UEFA start talking “free from government interference”…

21 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Is this actually new? 

YES! Legislation introduced to parliament yesterday. Government will have statuary right to sack failing owners for the first time.

Supporters will have statuary right to participate in their Club.

Supporters have wanted this for years----don't minimise it.

Once established it can always be strengthened.

• Like 3

Maybe we should reside ourselves to starting a Phoenix club now. At least when the owners do run the club into the ground we could be a few tiers above the bottom of the English football pyramid...

11 hours ago, 47er said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/19/football-governance-bill-reveals-extent-of-english-regulators-proposed-powers

Finally the newspaper headline we have all been gagging for:(what could go wrong?

Yeh just seems like it would be a slightly more prolonged box ticking exercise for new owners to aquire the club but I doubt it will change much sadly. Money is all that talks in modern football 😞

12 hours ago, 47er said:

Can't argue they are bad owners - but they have put in circa £20m a season. On the face of it they are heavily subsidising the club (even converting debt to shares) so unless they are really going to do an indepth analysis of our situation, will anything really change? 

• Like 1

Course not, not a chance the ‘authorities’ will get involved with this lot.

The court case will soon be forgotten and the bills will be paid, but no further ambition than that for the club, for another decade as we slip down the leagues. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Course not, not a chance the ‘authorities’ will get involved with this lot.

The court case will soon be forgotten and the bills will be paid, but no further ambition than that for the club, for another decade as we slip down the leagues. 

I agree with your prediction if the court case gets sorted but I'm not so sure it's that simple.

There can be no money provided until August. Another postponement or more problems uncovered by the investigation in the meantime then surely their situation becomes untenable and they can't pay the bills even if they are willing to do so. At that point maybe 'the authorities' can step in ? 

22 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I agree with your prediction if the court case gets sorted but I'm not so sure it's that simple.

There can be no money provided until August. Another postponement or more problems uncovered by the investigation in the meantime then surely their situation becomes untenable and they can't pay the bills even if they are willing to do so. At that point maybe 'the authorities' can step in ? 

I’m in fatalism mode these days, I just can’t ever picture a time where that  lot have fucked off.

They would see this country burn if they could be king of the ashes”

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

All this talk about attendances has reminded me a vid I watched recently. Putting all the championship teams in a league for attendance loyalty. I’ll link below for anyone interested.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

10 years ago gates at Ewood were averaging over 14,000 and that was a reasonable figure at the time by Championship levels. Certainly similar ball park to most.

For example - 2014/15 our average gate was 14,900 or so, which over the season was more than Huddersfield, Wigan, Blackpool, Millwall, Brentford, Bournemouth and Rotherham, it was also similar to Bolton (15,400), Birmingham (16,100), Watford (16,600), Charlton (16,700) and Reading (17,000)

Not game changing numbers behind Fulham (18,000), Middlesbrough (19,000) and Ipswich (19,600)

So basically 2/3 of the league was at or similar numbers to ourselves.

Of course that's inconvenient to the doom mongers and self-pity brigade of which that bloke in California is one, doesn't fit the narrative of little old Rovers struggling to compete. Fortunately now the numbers are looking better for them because there has been an explosion in gates across the EFL which Rovers have managed through suicidal policies to do the complete opposite to, leaving us down at the very bottom of the League and with numbers that are perfect ammunition for the pro-Venky mob to use to their advantage.

Another reason for us slipping down that table is that two of those clubs have gone on to get promoted - Brentford, Bournemouth - to the Premier League, despite having significantly lower numbers than us turning up to watch. Amazing that. Almost as though having tiny grounds and hardly any fans is irrelevant to success. It actually comes down to competent management and investment, neither of which have been seen here for a very long time.

BTW, investment isn't paying your bills on time. Investment is actually going above and beyond the essential bare minimum.

It's so easy to understand why things are the way they are.

Unless you're a total fucking retard of course.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

All this talk about attendances has reminded me a vid I watched recently. Putting all the championship teams in a league for attendance loyalty. I’ll link below for anyone interested.

Shows that whilst we've been ruined the remaining fanbase is very solid and that's why Waggot and co think they can take the piss.

Patience is about to run out though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4