BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

All this talk about attendances has reminded me a vid I watched recently. Putting all the championship teams in a league for attendance loyalty. I’ll link below for anyone interested.

Shows that whilst we've been ruined the remaining fanbase is very solid and that's why Waggot and co think they can take the piss.

Patience is about to run out though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

All this talk about attendances has reminded me a vid I watched recently. Putting all the championship teams in a league for attendance loyalty. I’ll link below for anyone interested.

If Venkys see this they'll probably think we've made the playoffs.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Interesting listening but gives them a light of them being naive which I don't buy. They knew what and know what they are doing 

Also a good read

www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome

Edited by NeilInBristol
Missed link

7 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I urge anyone who has the slightest interest in Rovers to listen to this and absorb what is said.

We are a Club run like a Circus and owned by fookin idiots...it truly beggers belief.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Screenshot_20240321_071824_Chrome.jpg

So our average gate is actually less than it was 10 years ago at this same level.

Meanwhile just about everyone else has enjoyed significant increases of several thousand.

A crisis for the long term health of the club and its fanbase. Created by negligent owners and their underlings. Assisted by those supporters who focus their energies on the 80s and comparing numbers to those days.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I urge anyone who has the slightest interest in Rovers to listen to this and absorb what is said.

We are a Club run like a Circus and owned by fookin idiots...it truly beggers belief.

I’ll never stop saying it. Though wealthy, the people in charge of Venky’s - our owners - are talentless brats. They physically cannot achieve anything of their own making. A legacy of failure. Venky’s is only where it is because their father was extremely switched on and capable. He built an infrastructure that should be able to be run by competent senior management. The trio of siblings are essentially glory hounds. When challenged even slightly to achieve something (this club) they’ve never made the right choice, not even once.

• Like 2

The reality is most likely a combination of everything we've all been saying about them for years.

Super human levels of incompetence and stupidity, easily led and ill advised, pig headedness and arrogant and also some nefarious activities to boot.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Buy out bidder - Dan Williams Interview

Doing some googling and found this....I wonder what might have been.

It looks like this got fairly serious at one stage. Anyone know what happened?

Hard to imagine it being a lot worse.

Fair play to the Telerag with that interview and line of questioning they won't even ask the CEO real questions these days. Their quality has gone down the plug hole just like the club

14 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Buy out bidder - Dan Williams Interview

Doing some googling and found this....I wonder what might have been.

It looks like this got fairly serious at one stage. Anyone know what happened?

I had some correspondence, via email, with Daniel Williams back in August 2007. He seemed serious about the takeover...There was definitely a gap between what the trustees wanted for the club and what he wanted to spend. His major business interest, Princeton Global went under in October 2007...

Did he ever really have the financial means to buy the club?

Edited by j166429

6 hours ago, j166429 said:

I had some correspondence, via email, with Daniel Williams back in August 2007. He seemed serious about the takeover...There was definitely a gap between what the trustees wanted for the club and what he wanted to spend. His major business interest, Princeton Global went under in October 2007...

Did he ever really have the financial means to buy the club?

I don't think that he had any money. After his Rovers foray he was interested in a second tier US club, Rochester Rhinos. That went nowhere, Rochester ended up going bust and are now rebranding. 

Not been able to hide the usual 20 million in them this time so more number crunching needed to give the appearance we aren't going bust.

By the way how can they sign them off with guaranteed loss covering for the next year if they can't provide the funds ????/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He could save himself a few quid, and just time travel back to 1884, FA Cup glory five times in the next few years, a reserved seat at Leamington Road, the excitement of the new fangled Football League ( it'll never catch on ! ),and a ground move to Ewood Bridge in 1890. He'd also see Rovers chalk up 6 successive big wins against Burnley ...

Just watch out for the TB and Diphtheria though, Matt !!