BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

This theory doesn't stack up. If you want to maximise player value and attract bids, you don't reject bids, drop the player and play him out of position.

I think it's fairly obvious Travis has been sidelined because he doesn't really have the technique to play the current style, and this has seen him supplanted by Tronstad.

This discussion was had on here over the summer amidst claims from some that Travis wasn't compatible with JDTs style or good enough to play in his system. 

The facts dispel this. He's played more than almost anyone under JDTs management and has been captain throughout.

I could begin to consider that Tronstad's emergence may have recently escalated him above Travis in the selection stakes, but the recent stubborn determination to keep him out of the side at all costs, even when options are so scarce, tells me there is much more to it. 

They want us to believe this is all about football, styles and philosophies. I think it is all about money.

The way of getting a player out the door quickly is to put the ball in his court and force him to look elsewhere. The cynic suggests that's what is going on here, as it has happened countless times before under this rancid regime

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I think it's fairly obvious Travis has been sidelined because he doesn't really have the technique to play the current style, and this has seen him supplanted by Tronstad.

Tromstad plays the defensive midfielder role the best of anyone at the club, allows Adam Wharton to be playmaker and Szmodics to be attacking midfielder/no 10 we need 

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This discussion was had on here over the summer amidst claims from some that Travis wasn't compatible with JDTs style or good enough to play in his system. 

The facts dispel this. He's played more than almost anyone under JDTs management and has been captain throughout.

I could begin to consider that Tronstad's emergence may have recently escalated him above Travis in the selection stakes, but the recent stubborn determination to keep him out of the side at all costs, even when options are so scarce, tells me there is much more to it. 

They want us to believe this is all about football, styles and philosophies. I think it is all about money.

The way of getting a player out the door quickly is to put the ball in his court and force him to look elsewhere. The cynic suggests that's what is going on here, as it has happened countless times before under this rancid regime

Does Travis fit our style of play and how we want play attacking wise? 

Who is better between Tronstad and Travis at playing the defensive midfielder role? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Not a surprise clubs are looking at SS with his goals this season , I just hope we get good money for him and a large chunk gets reinvested in the 2 or 3 positions we desperately need

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

People were saying the same about Tyler Morton last season. He's now playing every week for a side pushing for the play-offs. Meanwhile we flounder.

If Wharton had got it right last night he'd have scored due to a Morton blunder. Morton didn't impress me at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

People were saying the same about Tyler Morton last season. He's now playing every week for a side pushing for the play-offs. Meanwhile we flounder.

Travis will attract attention from elsewhere because he has attributes of value. That's why he's one of a small number who we have that clubs will bid for and that's why they are intent on forcing him out. 

I hope people realise by now that the 'replacement' will be inferior. 

Last season Tyler Morton was playing for a side pushing for the play offs allegedly.

They'll be keen for Millwall to renew their interest in Travis 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, neophox said:

It would need a a big offer as he is under contract...

That's why they've done it, he doesn't look happy lately though there's a lot of gesturing towards his team mates.

Birmingham have bid, which as I say isn't particularly a good career move but maybe financial, not sure.

32 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

That's why they've done it, he doesn't look happy lately though there's a lot of gesturing towards his team mates.

Birmingham have bid, which as I say isn't particularly a good career move but maybe financial, not sure.

West Brom too .. bid not come in yet but they are seriously interested and just waiting to see what  numbers are involved 

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

A bid has been submitted for Szmodics, I don't think it's a particularly tempting club though unless they pay big wages 🥲

I’m surprised there’s enough interest in him by this stage. Would have thought he’d interest clubs going up from or coming down into the championship at the end of the season.

Leaving now to a Championship club (or lower Premiership, even), I’d be a bit miffed at him. Only club I wouldn’t have an issue with at any time, is going as a squad player to West Ham, given what it would mean to him on a number of levels.

Leaving end of season, for a good fee: fair play, he’s contributed a lot for a relatively low outlay and been an excellent example to everyone.

Actually think he could contribute at a lot of Premiership clubs, as a squad player/impact sub. Obviously missing some attributes, but he’d be a serious handful late in the game.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Christ, what’s their recruitment like?

”who’s that lad who scored two chips against us? Yeah… he’s top scorer in the league, as well? Banging, make an offer.”

Isn't Szmod refusing to travel for Ireland due to some unknown personal reason.  Presume he doesn't want to uproot his life for that same reason hence contract renewal?  In which case can only see local clubs (<2 hrs) being of interest and so it's West Brom at Christmas again, watch your knee Sammie 

1 hour ago, AJW said:

West Brom too .. bid not come in yet but they are seriously interested and just waiting to see what  numbers are involved 

As @JHRoversays, West Brom are skint and need the sale of the club to go through to prevent possible administration . They’ve borrowed well over £20 million in the last 12 months just to keep running

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1