BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 hours ago, AJW said:

Not a surprise clubs are looking at SS with his goals this season , I just hope we get good money for him and a large chunk gets reinvested in the 2 or 3 positions we desperately need

Yes! Because we're so good at that and the owners can always be relied on to use the sale money on new players.

If you think we can sell Sami and end up better off then you haven't been watching. Unbelievable frankly that anyone can lap up this stuff.

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That's why they've done it, he doesn't look happy lately though there's a lot of gesturing towards his team mates.

Birmingham have bid, which as I say isn't particularly a good career move but maybe financial, not sure.

I'd sell him for the right price - but I suspect they won't bid that kind of money for him. 

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

I suspect you are right. I've been privately suspicious of his absences for a few weeks now and tonight takes it to a whole new level.

Conveniently he's a senior experienced player, likely now one of our top earners, capable of attracting cash bids from elsewhere as the Millwall/Luton links proved.

Almost as though its all to do with player cost/value/external interest and nothing to do with what is best for Blackburn Rovers.

Who would you start him over? Certainly not Tronstad or A. Wharton.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

This discussion was had on here over the summer amidst claims from some that Travis wasn't compatible with JDTs style or good enough to play in his system. 

The facts dispel this. He's played more than almost anyone under JDTs management and has been captain throughout.

I could begin to consider that Tronstad's emergence may have recently escalated him above Travis in the selection stakes, but the recent stubborn determination to keep him out of the side at all costs, even when options are so scarce, tells me there is much more to it. 

They want us to believe this is all about football, styles and philosophies. I think it is all about money.

The way of getting a player out the door quickly is to put the ball in his court and force him to look elsewhere. The cynic suggests that's what is going on here, as it has happened countless times before under this rancid regime

You literally just argued he's being dropped at all costs, and argued that his being dropped is a myth, in the same post.

His value deteriorates if he is dropped, fact. If we just wanted to sell him for max value, we would keep playing him until January, and certainly play him in the right position when he plays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Around 3.5 mill for Szmodics is all I think someone would need to bid. We are desperate and someone will take him to fire them to promotion

He's scored 15 goals from CAM in half a season and he's just signed a new contract. He's not being sold for £3.5m.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Around 3.5 mill for Szmodics is all I think someone would need to bid. We are desperate and someone will take him to fire them to promotion

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever we would accept that level of bid for Szmodics. I think that'd be it for me until Venkys left if we did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You literally just argued he's being dropped at all costs, and argued that his being dropped is a myth, in the same post.

His value deteriorates if he is dropped, fact. If we just wanted to sell him for max value, we would keep playing him until January, and certainly play him in the right position when he plays.

Certainly a sensible club would do that if it was keen on selling. Us?

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Transfer Rumours…the January Window
1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

😉

IMG_4759.jpeg

Birmingham were a big ambitious club then not the shell of the one they've now been for years.

Exactly the kind of club that we if run correctly should be bettering in the present day, same for West Brom perennial under achievers.

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think Ipswich, may well come in for SS, I don't think he will be a Rovers player on February 1st...

I could absolutely see them selling Szmods for something around 5 mill plus add ons and Trav for a million plus add ons. Then Wharton in summer and the whole package of those deals could be 15/20 million.

Running costs for next year !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JHRover said:

I suspect you are right. I've been privately suspicious of his absences for a few weeks now and tonight takes it to a whole new level.

Conveniently he's a senior experienced player, likely now one of our top earners, capable of attracting cash bids from elsewhere as the Millwall/Luton links proved.

Almost as though its all to do with player cost/value/external interest and nothing to do with what is best for Blackburn Rovers.

I'm sure there'll be some agents benefitting from the way we operate....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So, the silly season is upon us, looking forward to all the itk's keeping us informed of developments on the transfer front 🤔🤔

Happy New Year to all

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1211082539?-11198:839

If we could upgrade on the shell of a player that is Callum Brittain it would be fantastic. 

44 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So, the silly season is upon us, looking forward to all the itk's keeping us informed of developments on the transfer front 🤔🤔

Happy New Year to all

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1211082539?-11198:839

A 20 year old on loan.

That sounds silly enough for us alright.