BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Ayari cost Brighton more than £5m when signed in january last year. Must have something. Also got alot of caps on international level both for U21 and national team.

Ashley Ward, Christian Dailly, Nathan Blake, Mauro Formica, Corrado Grabbi, to name but a few, were all 'big' fees and we thought they 'must have something'!!!

I have no expectation of this lad based on what the Coventry fans have to say about him.  Robbins is no fool and I'm sure Coventry would have wanted to keep him if there was a player there for the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

You forgot about Mowbray?

Yep. And a manager who in that league set us up the get the most out of the players he had and didn’t over complicate things.

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep. And a manager who in that league set us up the get the most out of the players he had and didn’t over complicate things.

Give me that kind of manager any day of the week if it gets us promoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So a 20yo and a 19yo on the same day.   Yay?  Such a bizzare signing in my eyes, won't replace pickering and will just stand in the way of our youngsters progress 

Which youngster? Batty clearly hasn't kicked on this season and they were playing Brittain and Travis at LB at times.

A sad, sad day in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

To lose a relatively experienced captain on loan to 2nd in the Championship and then bring in two young lads (Ayari and Chrisene) who have it all to prove, and it is doubtful even Chaddy has heard of them, tells you all you need to know about the state of our football club.

Seems we are also struggling to agree a financial deal with Crewe for O'Riordan.

The sirens are screaming and anyone who does not think we are in a financial mess needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

By 1 February, I think the hatches will need firmly battening down at Ewood and Brockhall as I think there is worse to come on the transfer front.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ayari looks like the swedish version of andrew moran,small,lightweight and easy to muscle off the ball

If you're telling me he's as good as Moran I'm snapping your hand off. 

• Like 2

Utterly bizarre deal bringing in two youth products who will just go back to their respective teams at the end of the season. 

Don't play and we strain (or at least don't enrich) our relationship with their parent clubs. 

Play well or otherwise, and we lose them.

Can't see what the rationale for bringing them in is besides getting more bodies in the squad for a dogfight, but at the expense of loaning out your very experienced captain (also with no option for that club to buy), utterly strange.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A sad, sad day in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

To lose a relatively experienced captain on loan to 2nd in the Championship and then bring in two young lads (Ayari and Chrisene) who have it all to prove, and it is doubtful even Chaddy has heard of them, tells you all you need to know about the state of our football club.

Seems we are also struggling to agree a financial deal with Crewe for O'Riordan.

The sirens are screaming and anyone who does not think we are in a financial mess needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

By 1 February, I think the hatches will need firmly battening down at Ewood and Brockhall as I think there is worse to come on the transfer front.

I think we all know we're in financial distress, which is no fault of anyone but our owners & is why I don't understand why folk are throwing pelters at JDT & GB for what's happened today.

Anyway, forgive me if this has been covered as I've not been on here for a long time until today, or if I am mis-remembering, but during the summer window weren't you one of those offering reassurances about good news being around the corner? What happened to that?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jny said:

Utterly bizarre deal bringing in two youth products who will just go back to their respective teams at the end of the season. 

Don't play and we strain (or at least don't enrich) our relationship with their parent clubs. 

Play well or otherwise, and we lose them.

Can't see what the rationale for bringing them in is besides getting more bodies in the squad for a dogfight, but at the expense of loaning out your very experienced captain (also with no option for that club to buy), utterly strange.

Those two coming in and Travis leaving aren't related. And getting bodies in is quite a necessity, don't you think? At least these have pedigree at youth & full international level. 

Hill wasn't especially welcomed when he came, now we're upset he's been recalled. When will folk learn not to jump the gun?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think we all know we're in financial distress, which is no fault of anyone but our owners & is why I don't understand why folk are throwing pelters at JDT & GB for what's happened today.

Anyway, forgive me if this has been covered as I've not been on here for a long time until today, or if I am mis-remembering, but during the summer window weren't you one of those offering reassurances about good news being around the corner? What happened to that?

As Harold Macmillan said "Events, dear boy, events".

29 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I get your drift but in regards to Mowbray he often did over complicate things needlessly it was one of his admittedly few major drawbacks.

Got the job done though with a bit of room to spare and the biggest budget in the league and several big signings, somehow next time i doubt we'll be that fortunate.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I was surprised that Spurs didn’t loan Phillips back to us for the season.

Hasn’t play a minute for spurs during their injury crisis. Albeit he did pick up an injury as well.

FA Cup match tonight and they play a RB at CB and he’s sat on the bench…🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I blame all this on Broughton. Can’t stand the man. He is well and truly out of his depth. JDT has quite blatantly asked for experience and we ship Travis out and sign 2 kids.

Because as someone mentioned before i think his real remit is quite simply to get the wage bill down as far as possible as quickly as possible whilst maintaining and increasing value in the squad through players getting mins and appearance stats.

Nothing else matters to him and like Waggot and the shadowman he gets his money regardless of wins/losses, crowds or league position.  

And it is JDT who is the ultimate fall guy who when or if he bails they'll just replace him with another young cheap out of work Head Coach.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Those two coming in and Travis leaving aren't related. And getting bodies in is quite a necessity, don't you think? At least these have pedigree at youth & full international level. 

Hill wasn't especially welcomed when he came, now we're upset he's been recalled. When will folk learn not to jump the gun?! 

I suppose it’s because we’ve had a lot of 19/20 year old slight midfielders come in over the past few years.

I’ll ’give him a chance FFS!’ because what choice do I have, but it’s not what this side is crying out for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Yes, and a fat lot of good he is for “the project” when he gets recalled.

Another pointless, short term signing and doesn’t even pass the “adding value” test.

Neither will the two who have arrived today, and how suitable are they for a relegation fight?

It’s all futile.

Championship survival is the height of our ambitions, and even that’s looking shaky.

Edited by martonrover

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Brings me some hope that they will at least replace Pickering next season and have identified it as a problem area.

Pickering has been good this season in my view. His pace is a problem but I think his positional sense has improved massively to compensate. Solid player for us.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Polky said:

I was surprised that Spurs didn’t loan Phillips back to us for the season.

Hasn’t play a minute for spurs during their injury crisis. Albeit he did pick up an injury as well.

FA Cup match tonight and they play a RB at CB and he’s sat on the bench…🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a stupid move for him - purely motivated by his agent tripling his wages.

I wouldn't allow him back into the building at Brockhall, ever.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Brings me some hope that they will at least replace Pickering next season and have identified it as a problem area.

I wouldn't bother with that hope. I think all it means is they've identified there are no backup LBs who can be relied upon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Pickering signed a new & improved deal last month, you really think we're looking to offload him??

It's a problem area in that when Pickering was out, we only had Brittain or Travis or JRC to replace him. Clearly Jake Batty isn't considered ready, so a body to cover for (or compete with) Pickering makes sense. But if you think Pickering is going anywhere you're going to be disappointed!!

Don't  know anything about the left back we've signed but he doesn't have to be a world beater. Be nice to be able to take Pickering off in the last 15-20 minutes of the game to try keep us solid. One of the problem areas has been targeted. 

• Like 3

Trying not to knee jerk here but nearly fell off my chair when I caught up with events today. Has the feel of a low rent 21st century Fred Pickering moment - we all know what happened after - of course Travis is a very limited player but given our vulnerability why we didn't try 2 proper holding defensive midfielders with Wharton further forward either suggests JDT is pedantic or not as good as some think.... 

• Like 3