BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Despite the spin the LT has put on it that article doesn't say he's happy at the Club, it merely says he likes working with the players on a day to day basis etc.

He'd get that type of enjoyment working anywhere at any Club. It's what he DOESN'T say that's telling - if he was genuinely happy here he would be quick to point out that Steve and the owners had been incredibly supportive and his DOF had provided some brilliant recruitment etc etc

the players and the fans is the club. 

Yet again more unnecessary and unwarranted criticism of GB and our signings. I gave my opinion on them this morning and I ain't changing my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, unsall said:

Heard Leonard off to Oxford on loan tomorrow 

Decent move for him if true. He’s not good enough at present for the Championship. Hopefully an indication too that we’ll have a striker coming in. A much better one

• Like 8

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Tomasson believes this is crucial to play development and ensuring the club can apply a player-trading model.

“The most difficult thing in football is to give a team an identity, but I think it is needed because the club wants to sell players," Tomasson explained. 

Well that is that!

Is it just me or does this sound like the same rhetoric that was being bandied about 13 years ago when SEM Venkys first bought the club? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Yeah the Leonard thing could only be accompanied by an incoming. He's our 3rd highest goalscorer so far this season.

Aye, he may be far from a guaranteed starter, but letting any of our striker options leave without bringing in a striker has to be considered totally unacceptable, as we're already ill-equipped there, regardless of Gallagher's return (which could promptly end in another injury anyway).

I'd also expect them to be in the building and signed before Leonard is allowed to leave, tbh.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

JDT and GB find themselves in a situation that they didn't anticipate and I think, overall are doing their best.  The wheels have come off over the last month, caused mainly by a small squad which has been diminished by injuries.  I have no doubt that if JDT had been given the players he asked for over the summer, we would not be in this position.

Of course all clubs make signings that are not successful, and if we'd had a half decent keeper playing this season, the league table might look a lot different.  All the club's senior officials must take some responsibility when things go badly, but we all know is it to blame for the last decade's decline.  Venky's have blown it, and unless the club experiences some kind a miracle recovery, the glory days are over. 

Rovers is a club where the fans seem to know their football better than those paid to run it. For example, it was obvious to many what the consequences of moving Kaminski would be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Duncan McGuire

All I can find is an article from a week ago saying they turned down a loan offer from us. Not surprising considering he is a key player for them and signed a new deal last month. The article says they 'will not entertain any loan offers whatsoever for their star striker'. So I'd assume no, it doesn't mean a deal for him is done. I know they're in the offseason, but surely they'd rather rest him. Maybe some other deal for a striker has come to fruition.

Shame, that might have been a decent gambit...13 goals and 3 assists in 15.4 full matches worth of game time, MLS Rookie of the Year, looking to break into the US national team.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, unsall said:

Madness if they’re thinking Ennis or The German part-timer are better options. 
We’re run by complete incompetents 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

All I can find is an article from a week ago saying they turned down a loan offer from us. Not surprising considering he is a key player for them and signed a new deal last month. The article says they 'will not entertain any loan offers whatsoever for their star striker'. So I'd assume no, it doesn't mean a deal for him is done. I know they're in the offseason, but surely they'd rather rest him. Maybe some other deal for a striker has come to fruition.

Shame, that might have been a decent gambit...13 goals and 3 assists in 15.4 full matches worth of game time, MLS Rookie of the Year, looking to break into the US national team.

There were recent reports that we’d tried again so it very well could be him.

His record is good but watching his reel he looks abit of a lump with a donkey touch….Lets see.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, superniko said:

He did score but his miss today...oh. But i Agree he is better than Ennis and Telalovic!

I would loan Telalovic out. And sell Ennis.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, superniko said:

Save on wages eh?

Something has to pay for all these PL loan wages!

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

There were recent reports that we’d tried again so it very well could be him.

His record is good but watching his reel he looks abit of a lump with a donkey touch….Lets see.

Ah, we already have one of those, and he'll be back soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unsall said:

This is true - and it sounds like Garrett could be off on loan too, which surprises me more. 

• Like 2