BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Moran is a good player and I think he'll develop into a very good one.

That said, if you told me we could only own Moran or A.Wharton it'd be Adam every day and twice on match day.

Do you think Wharton can become an England regular?. He will have his work cut out to displace rice?.

Edited by gazza1981

17 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

Do you think Wharton can become an England regular?. He will have his work cut out to displace rice?.

Midfield 3 of Wharton, Rice and Bellingham (with Wharton displacing Phillips/Henderson...  in a couple of years, not now)

At least as long as Southgate (or similar) is England manager, he wont play Foden anywhere but wide, and Bellingham will always get in ahead of Foden if he plays a 10 rather than a midfield 3

Edited by KentExile

14 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

When you say consistency do you mean he is inconsistent in his touch , decision making , weight of passing. keeping the ball in every match or is it that he is great in all those areas in one game and awful in all those areas the next game .

In other wards does he lack inconsistency within a match or is it a lack of consistency from match to match?.

Yes

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Remember last season when you couldn’t move at Brockhall without bumping into a decent centre half… now the first team currently has two fit ones. To go with one right back and one left back (no sorry another 20 year old has come in loan, so no worries).

"Got a young player who's nowhere near ready for your first team but don't want to bung him in the U21's?

No problem - Send him to the Blackburn Rovers young player development service.

Young players are our obsession, no matter what the results".

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness, his assist return is perfectly fine. 5 in the league, 8 in all comps. Wharton only has 3 (on both counts), although he does of course play deeper.

Our top assists-maker last season was Sorba Thomas (including his time at Hudds of course) with 8. After that, it was Dolan with 6. Moran is actually our top assists-maker this season in the league, and sits joint-12th in the league assists table.

Maybe I was being over critical on that front then. I don’t remember him getting that many tbf but I only go off what my eyes see and my memory isn’t what it was 😅

I hope he does go on to have a wonderful career I just haven’t seen “yet” what all the fuss is about if he’s so highly rated 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilba23 said:

I think the issue with Moran, as it is most of the team, is fatigue. Not being able to rotate has seriously affected our results. I'm sure if we'd been able to take him out for a couple of weeks he'd be more consistent. Its his first season of playing regular first team football and the championship is a relentless league

Fair comment

54 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Class above Class 1 at primary school maybe. Moran is a weak and physically ineffective schoolboy footballer. The Chelsea league cup match was a case in point as to his level - totally out of his depth

There wasn't one Blackburn player who didnt look out of their depth in that match.

11 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

There wasn't one Blackburn player who didnt look out of their depth in that match.

Nonsense, and not from where I was standing in Stamford Bridge. One or two players excepted (including the ienpt Moran), Rovers gave a good account of themselves. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Connor O'Riordan in jeopardy?

Think Nixon flagged it up at weekend. Crewe want the £500 k up front but we want to pay in installments.

So as things stand at present unless something changes the deal will fall through despite a lot of initial  fanfare about beating off PNE and other Clubs by "triggering" the release clause.

Yet another triumph for the DOF and recruitment department. You think we'd have checked Crewe's terms before pressing  ahead and wasting everyone's time and effort.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gazza1981 said:

How far do you think Moran can go in the game?.

Who cares ? We are only developing these players for another team,  it's pathetic how  low the slumdogs have taken us.  Imagine when they took over us at 8th in the Premier that we would become a development  club for Bournemouth and Brighton.  Imagine we would be a better option than Luton.

Hate this loaning players malarkey and gaining nothing from it whatsoever apart from our own players losing experience especially when we have this so called elite academy. 

Venkys out

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think Nixon flagged it up at weekend. Crewe want the £500 k up front but we want to pay in installments.

So as things stand at present unless something changes the deal will fall through despite a lot of initial  fanfare about beating off PNE and other Clubs by "triggering" the release clause.

Yet another triumph for the recruitment department. You think we'd have checked Crewe's terms before pressing  ahead and wasting everyone's time and effort.

I think it was flagged earleir than that, about a week ago I think.

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Who cares ? We are only developing these players for another team,  it's pathetic how  low the slumdogs have taken us.  Imagine when they took over us at 8th in the Premier that we would become a development  club for Bournemouth and Brighton.  Imagine we would be a better option than Luton.

Hate this loaning players malarkey and gaining nothing from it whatsoever apart from our own players losing experience especially when we have this so called elite academy. 

Venkys out

100%

Also, what's the point in loaning out Batty to bring in another youngster on loan from Villa?

It's absolutely mental -  play your own players! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Venkys out

Is this your first year watching the championship?

Nearly every team , every season loans young players from the premier league.

We had Hill and Moran loaned first half of season ,some clubs have 3..4..5 young players on loan from Premier league clubs.

Every season the club are called out on here for using the loan market and I have no idea why ....every team including teams that have just got relegated from the premier league loan in young players 

• Like 4