BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

I’d agree with that. Lenihan always looked like a converted defensive midfielder to the very end to me, still diving in - which can come in handy in midfield as it can break up the play… not so much on the edge of/in your box.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

In my eyes Lenihan was ok at this level. Hyam looked slightly better last season, but is currently playing quite a bit worse. That’s basically it.

Nutshell 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

Hyam is clearly one of our stand out players. He’s been rushed back from injury by the management team because of our current plight and it’s obvious he’s not 100% fit. Why do our supporters have no understanding of form. Playing poorly for a few games does not make you a bad player.

This! All of last season we were lauding the upgrade from Lenihan to Hyam. When he got injured it was seen as a big blow to us. Now he's come back half fit into a struggling side he's an absolute disgrace and not a patch on Lenihan.

• Like 3

For me it doesn't matter whom appears to be better or worse than whom. We have to get on with what we have got. It is upto the manager to get the best out of our present players and see  if it is good enough. 

• Like 3

The only reason Lenihen was mentioned is because we are crying out for a rugged put a name on the ball centre half right now. One who will lead by example, gee up and bollock his team mates and keeper non of which this current lot do, it's all about character now not nice guy football.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me it doesn't matter whom appears to be better or worse than whom. We have to get on with what we have got. It is upto the manager to get the best out of our present players and see  if it is good enough. 

Nail on head.

Sadly, I don't think this is happening.  JDT could make us so much harder to beat.  Sometimes, you have to sacrifice your principles for pragmatism whether that be short or long term.

I think we are fecked.  Our longevity is at the mercy of the Indian authorities.  These are desperate times and sadly, I see no one in our exec. management, coaching staff or players on the field who I would want in the trenches with me.  The white flag is almost at the top of the flag pole and the bugler is practising his Last Post rendition. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Nail on head.

Sadly, I don't think this is happening.  JDT could make us so much harder to beat.  Sometimes, you have to sacrifice your principles for pragmatism whether that be short or long term.

I think we are fecked.  Our longevity is at the mercy of the Indian authorities.  These are desperate times and sadly, I see no one in our exec. management, coaching staff or players on the field who I would want in the trenches with me.  The white flag is almost at the top of the flag pole and the bugler is practising his Last Post rendition. 

Not sure if it's sadly.

Surely Admin is the best chance we have?

I wonder how we’d be looking had we got a proper forward in last summer. Interestingly I’m not sure it would have made a huge difference as our goals for figures don’t seem to be the issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I wonder how we’d be looking had we got a proper forward in last summer. Interestingly I’m not sure it would have made a huge difference as our goals for figures don’t seem to be the issue.

A proper GK would have been much more important.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

We had a proper keeper, but we sold him.

That's why signing a proper keeper needed to be the number one target.

The one position on the pitch you can't mess about with or gamble on a development player is your keeper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claytonron said:

Maybe it is time to cash in on Wharton, £10/12 m would be useful right now.

Not the time just takes a judge to be aware of the transfer and say you don't need any money sending over now you have these funds

2 hours ago, rigger said:

You think  we don't need a goal scoring striker ?

We don't need another unproven loan signing right now. Biereth has a one in three ratio in the Eredivisie and Scottish Prem so it's a pass for me.

1 hour ago, Claytonron said:

Maybe it is time to cash in on Wharton, £10/12 m would be useful right now.

Sell Jan 31 and fail to replace him. Would be trademark Rovers.

Do you think any or some of that money would be reinvested this window? Wharton's one of our own. Hate to see people trying to flog him like he's a commodity. If he develops further and has greater ambitions than Rovers, then fine, but we shouldn't be trying to push him out the door.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's why signing a proper keeper needed to be the number one target.

The one position on the pitch you can't mess about with or gamble on a development player is your keeper.

You think they'd have learned that by now after it took them years to sort out the keeper dept and get someone like TK in.

Right back to square one now as weak as it was when Steele was struggling and Raya wasn't ready, pathetic amateur stuff really. Yes no one would be complaining if Leo was mustard but he isn't and we aren't paid to scout, recruit and bring in these guys and whoever was is either naive or just ticking a box.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He's not been playing that well recently, I doubt there will be many keen to pay a premium for him. Can't really see him going.

I don't consider 10-12 mill a premium for him. I'd consider that a bargain. I'd refuse such a bid outright.

• Like 2