BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

A few Brum fans on Twitter talking about Jutkiewicz. Don't know if there's anything in it and hate to mention this guy's name but it's got a feeling of Ashley Barnes about it . Which may not be a bad thing

Screenshot_20240119-085621.png

Edited by Tugayisgod

Hes 35 but presumably is being signed to come on at 60-70 mins and give us an outlet up front that can time a header and control a ball 

The optimist says he'd be on less than Gally and we may be able to use some money on the wage bill for another signing - but that's wildly optimsiticb

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

A few Brum fans on Twitter talking about Jutkiewicz. Don't know if there's anything in it and hate to mention this guy's name but it's got a feeling of Ashley Barnes about it . Which may not be a bad thing

Screenshot_20240119-085621.png

The Brum fans seem to think very highly of him. I think this could be a good signing as a stop gap solution to stir things up a bit for the rest of the season but as a long term option to bolster our striking resources it's more can kicking down the road unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Brum fans seem to think very highly of him. I think this could be a good signing as a stop gap solution to stir things up a bit for the rest of the season but as a long term option to bolster our striking resources it's more can kicking down the road unfortunately.

Can't see him joining without Gallagher leaving. Probably makes business sense but I'm currently feeling a bit nervous for the rest of the season nonetheless.

Kevin Moran was 103 when he joined us. Brad Friedel was 92. Duncan McKenzie had been cremated when he first pulled on the famous Rovers jersey, and player-manager Howard Kendall had to be exhumed from his crypt in Tranmeresylvania.

If a player still has legs, can do a job that we need doing that isn't being done at the moment, is willing to come and will add value to the team without killing the budget, then he will do for me, if it means we don't sleepwalk like zombies into oblivion.

Obviously the gaffer will have his own views, as will the bright eyed baldy guy. At the end of the day we, as fans, have about as much influence as the proverbial insect hitting the car windscreen on the motorway..

Que sera.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, neophox said:

I would give a call to Forest or Newcastle and try to get one of their surplus experienced keepers on loan for the rest of the season. 

I think it would be a complete admission of failure for them to get another keeper on loan after spaffing our only cash on Leo. My guess is they will protect their reputation and Pears will be the keeper for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I think it would be a complete admission of failure for them to get another keeper on loan after spaffing our only cash on Leo. My guess is they will protect their reputation and Pears will be the keeper for the rest of the season.

Better to admit failure than to seek a greater one.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Better to admit failure than to seek a greater one.

Agreed. We need a keeper to boss his area, feel confident in handling the ball, be on the top of his game when working with the players in front of him. At the moment, we have none of that, and the longer it goes on, the worse the nightmare becomes for everyone. Pears coming back in might relieve the pressure on Leo, but it doesn't solve the underlying problem facing the team and our defence in particular.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Kevin Moran was 103 when he joined us. Brad Friedel was 92. Duncan McKenzie had been cremated when he first pulled on the famous Rovers jersey, and player-manager Howard Kendall had to be exhumed from his crypt in Tranmeresylvania.

If a player still has legs, can do a job that we need doing that isn't being done at the moment, is willing to come and will add value to the team without killing the budget, then he will do for me, if it means we don't sleepwalk like zombies into oblivion.

Obviously the gaffer will have his own views, as will the bright eyed baldy guy. At the end of the day we, as fans, have about as much influence as the proverbial insect hitting the car windscreen on the motorway..

Que sera.

Very good! Made me laugh 😄

42 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Agreed. We need a keeper to boss his area, feel confident in handling the ball, be on the top of his game when working with the players in front of him. At the moment, we have none of that, and the longer it goes on, the worse the nightmare becomes for everyone. Pears coming back in might relieve the pressure on Leo, but it doesn't solve the underlying problem facing the team and our defence in particular.

Starts with the coach imo.

• Like 1

Some brilliant players who carried on well past 30 are being remembered and rightly so.

The point is they were brilliant players with still a lot to offer.

So its not necessarily the age of the player that counts but what they can do.

Are we signing anyone remotely like Speedie or Cowans or Hughes?

No we are not--- so the argument is redundant.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

We have had worse than 'Big Jim'!  My God, he could head a ball - who can forget that header at the Blackburn End back in the late sixties against Man City in the FA Cup at Ewood to make it 1-1 in front of 40,000+.  I was at the back of the Blackburn End that night and it was a magnificent header and the noise almost blew the feckin roof off.

As for Frank Lord, add Alan Gilliver and Martin Britt to the list to name but two.

I sadly missed that game, much to my regret. If my memory serves me well, the original game (which I had a ticket for) was called off and that was the rearranged game which I couldn’t attend. I missed an amazing game apparently. Jim was a cart horse, but was an absolute beast in the air so strong and solid that nobody could knock him off the ball. When he took a run up at corners players got knocked  out of the way like 9 pins. Why do modern players not take long run ups at corners? You get so much better height to your jump and it’s more difficult to be marked. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

I actually have liked Jutkewicz as a Championship striker for a few years now. Always causes problems and is something we are lacking. I've often wondered why Burmingham haven't utilised him more over the last few years.

However, never imagined he would be a player we would bring in as its completely against the model and I wouldn't say he's a pressing forward.

He's not renewing at Brum through a lack of starts and I can't see that changing here. He'll get some game time but used from the bench most likely I would have thought.

Can't see it happening personally.

A loan until the end of the season would be useful as an Ennis replacement, but not as a Gallagher replacement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Who was that elderly big Spanish lump we hired for about half a season - Yordi??

This Birmingham player sounds like him.  Desperation comes to mind

He was 27 when we signed him.

I guess that counts as elderly at modern day Rovers.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Not one permanent signing added yet to a squad that needs major reinforcement, and I doubt there will be any. We play a relegation rival tomorrow and still no experience added.

The club is behind 16 other Championship teams in terms of attractiveness to join; when we were the 2nd most attractive team in the league last year we barely did any business.

We are heading straight for League One without a fight. The owners should be forced to sell by the authorities, there is nothing fit and proper about this and absolutely no place for any football club in England to operate at the mercy of another country's judicial system.

I've done business with companies in India, bigger than Venky's and the level of bureaucracy is something else, I've seen simple decisions that can be made in hours take many months. I've seen them want something, have the resources and get nowhere.

This experience always made me wonder how the hell will Rovers operate successfully as a football club, a business where you often need big decisions made quickly to turn corners and function.

It's absolutely no surprise for me to hear that in the past we have even found it difficult to get transfer offers on our own players responded to.

No surprise that we sleepwalked into a Premier League relegation with a manager that was under qualified and sleepwalked our way through years of parachute payments.

We are still sleepwalking our way through poor attendances and missed revenue, with a town three quarters detached from a club they love.

All that aside, Venky's simply can't run a football club. I didn't need the tax issue to know that. It's a pet project and even if it wasn't it still wouldn't work.

They will never make Rovers successful, I guarantee it and if you think differently after all this time your head is in the sand.

Venky's have to go for Rovers to feel good again.

10/10

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 47er said:

Some brilliant players who carried on well past 30 are being remembered and rightly so.

The point is they were brilliant players with still a lot to offer.

So its not necessarily the age of the player that counts but what they can do.

Are we signing anyone?

No we are not--- so the argument is redundant.

Fixed.