BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

I don't expect we'll see any ins or outs until after this court case - spend money and there'll be an argument of why do you need to send this much if you have money for transfers. Sell players and bring money in = why do you need to send this much when you've just recouped £x.

Good point.

That'll leave us what, a week to get any business done?

Not a lot of time - good job we have a DOF who will be able to get deals done quickly at the end of the window!

Oh wait..............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

JDTs had a “shift in tone” according to Elliott. Wont talk about transfers or anything off field.

Who can guess what mad shit we’ve done now?

He basically sounds like he is pleading with the club to sell nobody and just recruit which is absolutely correct given the situation we are in.

• Like 3

I wonder if something is in negotiations with one or two of our players, for JDT to keep repeating  "I can't imagine the club will make the squad weaker before anyone comes in" just doesn't sit well with me, like he knows damn well that's what's going to happen and he's calling them out on it again.

Let's be honest JDT has shown he doesn't give a shit about upsetting anyone higher than him with his constant swipes at Waggott and I think it's great.

• Like 9

In a DoF model i assume they can actively try and sell players or just flog one if a big bid comes in all without any input from the Head Coach.

Bit different when a manager runs everything so i expect JDT ain't got much clue what is going on and will be hearing rumours and hearsay like the rest of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Who was that elderly big Spanish lump we hired for about half a season - Yordi??

Arrived in England, comes on as a sub days later at the Millennium Stadium in a cup final, gets a Worthington Cup Winners medal, played about 300 minutes of football, scored two tap ins and left.

Legendary form compared to Telalovic or Ennis.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 7

On 18/01/2024 at 14:22, tomphil said:

You think they'd have learned that by now after it took them years to sort out the keeper dept and get someone like TK in.

Right back to square one now as weak as it was when Steele was struggling and Raya wasn't ready, pathetic amateur stuff really. Yes no one would be complaining if Leo was mustard but he isn't and we aren't paid to scout, recruit and bring in these guys and whoever was is either naive or just ticking a box.

Speaking of Raya........anyone know what's happening with his loan to Arsenal being made permanent? - thought that was supposed to bring in some sell-on clause cash to underwrite some transfer activity.........[or pay off the Indian tax-man obvs]

I'm sure the thread has moved on but just caught up from several pages ago...

On 17/01/2024 at 16:12, Leonard Venkhater said:
Same here.
One of my Rovers supporting mates, a fan for nearly 50 years told me he had to stop going because it was making him too angry and depressed.
I guess we can all take the natural ebb and flow of football fortune, but this is an abuse.

And
Suprbrfc
That's exactly it. None of this feels natural. It's a terrible situation in the context of a football fan, which nobody understands apart from people on here.

That’s what I was getting at when I posted something similar quite a while ago now.
Zombie club. We can delude ourselves on matchday and get excited from moment to moment but it’s not real -( I do understand it involves livelihoods etc) – but it’s limbo, existing but not existing. Or as Leonard says, fan abuse. You can be a poor club and still feel ok, IF you feel that there is purpose, a heart at the top.
Anyway, I’ll be there tomorrow ;-)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Arrived in England, comes on as a sub days later at the Millennium Stadium in a cup final, gets a Worthington Cup Winners medal, played about 300 minutes of football, scored two tap ins and left.

Legendary form compared to Telalovic or Ennis.

Nice work if you can get it. I bet he dines out on that back home

Edited by jim mk2

1 minute ago, aletheia said:

I'm sure the thread has moved on but just caught up from several pages ago...

On 17/01/2024 at 16:12, Leonard Venkhater said:
Same here.
One of my Rovers supporting mates, a fan for nearly 50 years told me he had to stop going because it was making him too angry and depressed.
I guess we can all take the natural ebb and flow of football fortune, but this is an abuse.

And
Suprbrfc
That's exactly it. None of this feels natural. It's a terrible situation in the context of a football fan, which nobody understands apart from people on here.

That’s what I was getting at when I posted something similar quite a while ago now.
Zombie club. We can delude ourselves on matchday and get excited from moment to moment but it’s not real -( I do understand it involves livelihoods etc) – but it’s limbo, existing but not existing. Or as Leonard says, fan abuse. You can be a poor club and still feel ok, IF you feel that there is purpose, a heart at the top.
Anyway, I’ll be there tomorrow 😉

the one thing the indian ******** can`t take away from us is our memories,go on you tube and watch rovers when it was a real football club,always cheers me up🙂

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the one thing the indian ******** can`t take away from us is our memories,go on you tube and watch rovers when it was a real football club,always cheers me up🙂

Not for me ...forget the shearer & sutton era ....even the tugay or later era ...brings tears ...Where we were is a club and Where we are

6 hours ago, J*B said:

JDTs had a “shift in tone” according to Elliott. Wont talk about transfers or anything off field.

Who can guess what mad shit we’ve done now?

One thing for certain, nobody will know until someone posts it on here.

Like every other thing that happens behind the scenes at the club. 

10 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Hes 35 but presumably is being signed to come on at 60-70 mins and give us an outlet up front that can time a header and control a ball 

The optimist says he'd be on less than Gally and we may be able to use some money on the wage bill for another signing - but that's wildly optimsiticb

And defend set pieces which none of our defenders seem capable of doing right now 

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

In a DoF model i assume they can actively try and sell players or just flog one if a big bid comes in all without any input from the Head Coach.

Bit different when a manager runs everything so i expect JDT ain't got much clue what is going on and will be hearing rumours and hearsay like the rest of them.

JDT has clearly has an input into transfer in or out. Its why I think Gallagher is staying until end of the season. Also Ennis until we sign a replacement for him

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

expect a mutual termination soon,jdt is`nt going to put up with this ****show much longer and why should he

I deffo don't see that happening. He has walked away from one job, can't keep doing otherwise you get that reputation for doing it

4 minutes ago, Darwenview said:

Anyone heard the rumours of sammy to Palace, let’s hope he is not sick tomorrow.

rumours from where? 

5 minutes ago, Darwenview said:

Anyone heard the rumours of sammy to Palace, let’s hope he is not sick tomorrow.

Saw something earlier 12m fee mentioned , fair price imo , not sure if I want /need it to happen 

8 minutes ago, AJW said:

Saw something earlier 12m fee mentioned , fair price imo , not sure if I want /need it to happen 

where? 

JDT confirmed this afternoon that Szmodics is back in the squad and I am looking forward to him scoring tomorrow

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

where? 

JDT confirmed this afternoon that Szmodics is back in the squad and I am looking forward to him scoring tomorrow

Can’t  remember ,  Facebook or twitter didnt pay too much attention to be honest