BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

On 31/01/2024 at 09:17, TommyRovers said:

Duncan McGuire is in Manchester. Hope he brought a coat, very different weather to Cancun.

Just a reminder that Tommy here had Duncan McGuire in Manchester when we now know he was on the other side of the Atlantic.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Why are we wasting money on a bang average striker from the mls anyway? Will he be any better than Gallagher doubt it. 

He’ll be on wages 1/5 Gally so easier to push Gally out and continue to cut the wage bill 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just a reminder that Tommy here had Duncan McGuire in Manchester when we now know he was on the other side of the Atlantic.

Meh. Some were told yesterday, some this morning. I don't know. I don't have a tracking device in his mums purse.

Either way, he's finally on his way to Brockhall.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Loan? Get fucked.

Exactly. 

If true. It'll never end up getting made permanent.

No wonder there was a hold up if we wanted to change it from being a £2.3m permanent move into a loan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

His stats ain't bad not far off 1 in 2

He also recently received his first call up to the United states squad who ain't that bad these days 

His record looks better when you look at his minutes played. A goal every 125 minutes. Will admit he looked a bit clumsy in the highlight reel 

• Like 2

Looks to me like what the early morning rumours said. We are currently unable to sign anyone permanently for a fee and commit to any permanent contracts. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Looks to me like we what the early morning rumours said. We are currently unable to sign anyone permanently for a fee and commit to any permanent contracts. 

Ths deal says there is a big loan fee involved plus if we do decide to take up the option to sign him it will cost more than the £2.3m we were due to pay

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Hefty loan fee involved .....

Screenshot_20240201-162332.png

We're definitely not signing him permanently then. Why would we agree to a more expensive option than the fee we originally negotiated?

Madness but par for the course here I guess.

• Like 2