BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, booth said:

At least we've finally got a striker and hopefully it's third time lucky, but ffs...

The pointless loanee kids and a 37 year old defender. Where's the full backs? Where's the pacey winger? But above all, where's the Adam Wharton replacement?

"Blackburn Rovers are our baby."

It looks to me that they're committing to 3 at the back for the rest of the season. We've signed 3 CBs this window. 

• Like 1

So central midfield has gone from being one our strongest areas to being a huge fucking concern in the space of 3 days.

McGuire is an interesting signing (albeit another loan!) but JDT will start Gallagher for the foreseeable I suspect. 

Ennis leaving for Stoke on a permanent transfer is weird after giving him a 4 year contract and he's been deemed not good enough after a few months.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt to rip into greg,swag and the indians in his press conference about the qpr game🙂

They finally bring in a striker,  then get rid of our best midfielder.

They finally bring in experience, he's fucking 37.

It'd be fantastic if he was that blunt.

• Like 3

'Dunc' or whoever else, these incomings feel completely irrelevant to me. 

Forcing out Wharton is such a ridiculous, boneheaded decision, this feels like as low a point as since the Kean era. 

What are we if we can't keep our star talent who loves the club, and clearly wants to continue to play for the club?

Instead we push him out, for less money then we would get in six months! And what happens to the money? Poof, it's gone! Sucked up into that black hole.

They're really testing us. If I had any sort of free will in this matter, I would be gone. But, like all of us on here, we can't switch it off, we're Rovers fans till we die. 

I guess that's the only positive side. We'll be here be long after their gone. Whenever they end up crawling away one day, we'll be here, because it's our club, not theirs. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ya know what’s mad - Travis got loaned out because Wharton was taking his place in the 6 role

Then we sold Wharton

And we didn’t bring anybody in to replace either 

Classic Venkys 

Well I think Ayeri was signed to replace Travis. And Buckley coming back is to replace Wharton.

So while a downgrade in quality in numbers its equivalent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ya know what’s mad - Travis got loaned out because Wharton was taking his place in the 6 role

Then we sold Wharton

Classic Venkys 

You can't make it up. Shambles of a club.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, alex l said:

The post I was responding to said we should bring back the talk of Venkys asset stripping. I'm not happy with how they run the club but I don't think this can accurately be labelled at them. 

It can’t, arithmetically it literally isn’t the case. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Chrisene but you just know he'll end up filling in at DM

Another who is not ready.

I wasn't as harsh on him as others were on his debut, but he was clearly slowing down play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Then we sold Wharton

Classic Venkys 

I'd say Tronstad is the 6, Wharton more an 8 which I'd expect JRC to take when Brittain is back. 

Ennis sale confirmed by the club. Only positive with that signing was getting a fee for him. 

• Like 1

The squad is undoubtedly weaker than it was at the start of the window. To let Travis and Wharton go and not replace either really beggars belief or at least it should do but sadly these days it doesn't. With the exception of Tronstad that is a League 1 standard midfield at best.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

It can’t, arithmetically it literally isn’t the case. 

But some see it as a go to phrase whenever we sell a player (whilst equally angry when a player goes for free). 

It's understandable not spending millions today, to a degree. But the fan base will reasonably expect millions to be spent in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Then we sold Wharton

Classic Venkys 

Now both of them are off the wage bill.

High fives in Pune.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Have we signed this McGuire permanent?

Loan. 

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

Pears

Wharton Fadz Hyam

JRC Tronstad Garrett Sigurdson

Szmodics

Gallagher Dunc

isnt a bad first 11 but the bench is awful

I'd go Dolan over Siggy. JRC for Garrett, Brittain on the right. 

• Like 1