BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

JDT has been saying his “ask Greg” tag line the whole time he’s been here

Him giving Maggot and Suhails names tell us all we need to know.

I will be really annoyed if it’s GB who has left.

It’s Silvester according to the HMRC thread on here.

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And with good reason it seems.

As for the second paragraph behave yourself chaddy.

Waggott is now responsible for the Commercial side of the Club (and is failing miserably)

Broughton is Director of FOOTBALL and is responsible for footballing matters. (And is failing miserably)

He also specifically said that procedures had been put in place following the O Brien debacle to prevent this sort of thing happening again.

No Rev. Paperwork of transfers and contracts isn't his job and that job is responsibility of the club secretary and CEO. Simple as. GB doesn't do the paperwork. 

• Like 1

If there's one thing that is being said that I will never believe, it's the conspiracy stuff. That somebody in the club is sabotaging paperwork, or willing us to go to League One (we were in it, so why didn't we stay there?).

I know the club seems like a total mess, but don't go insane. The simplest, most believable, and most evidenced reason for everything that has gone on at the club is incompetence from top to bottom.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is there no precedence for the efl to put us in special measures like they do with schools and hospitals🤒,we are an embarrasment to the football world

Agreed - something the incoming football regulator should be allowed to do imo. No idea if that is in the scope of its proposed powers though.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Rev. Paperwork of transfers and contracts isn't his job and that job is responsibility of the club secretary and CEO. Simple as. GB doesn't do the paperwork. 

Silvester/Waggott are the people who can sign the paperwork.

This doesn’t mean they’re the ones who actually do the paperwork.

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s Silvester according to the HMRC thread on here.

So Silvester, who if memory serves me was appointed by Williams and Finn as Football Secretary years ago and worked for years without any issue whatsoever, all of a sudden has lost the ability to complete a deal anymore and it just happens to coincide with the period since Broughton's been at the Club?

Righty ho then.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So Silvester, who if memory serves me was appointed by Williams and Finn as Football Secretary years ago and worked for years without any issue whatsoever, all of a sudden has lost the ability to complete a deal anymore and it just happens to coincide with the period since Broughton's been at the Club?

Righty ho then.

Why would JDT point at Suhail and Waggott?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

If there's one thing that is being said that I will never believe, it's the conspiracy stuff. That somebody in the club is sabotaging paperwork, or willing us to go to League One (we were in it, so why didn't we stay there?).

I know the club seems like a total mess, but don't go insane. The simplest, most believable, and most evidenced reason for everything that has gone on at the club is incompetence from top to bottom.

I agree, the most logical reason for anything that happens in this club is incompetence.

It's weird how often we see the premium edition incompetence whenever a decent amount of money is about to be spent. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Righty ho then.

I think Shaw was in charge when Silvester joined. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Righty ho then.

Silvester appointed by Venky's. During Williams and Finn time he was Liverpool club secretary.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Righty ho then.

Silvester joined in June 2012.

He was, however, club secretary at Liverpool for 2 years before that. Liverpool were a bit of a state back then, but I don't remember them ever missing out on transfers due to paperwork issues.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Righty ho then.

He appointed on 19th November 2012. Nothing to do with Williams or Finn. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Why would JDT point at Suhail and Waggott?

My suspicion is that it's more to do with the pulling of the permanent arrangement by the Board rather than the paperwork fiasco.

Had the Board not pulled the cash for the permanent transfer, I suspect we'd have seen McGuire feature in the game on Saturday. As it happens, one chaotic event is enough to lead to a disaster. Tomasson will have bigger grievances about that than other issues at the club.

As always, the chaotic nature of the owners and the Board are the biggest problems at the club before you get to the competence levels of their employees.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I agree. It is comforting to think that someone is doing this on purpose and that it'll all be uncovered and they're sent to jail and we get our club back but I instinctively think you're right that it is just rank incompetence, arrogance, ignorance, pride, ego and a bit more incompetence to top it off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have slagged GB off from minute 1 he joined the club. 

This is yet again paperwork error which isn't his job. That's is CEO and club secretary job to sort our all paperwork regarding transfer and contract negotiations 

GB is DOF and responsible for all football matters.

If we can't complete deals responsibility rests with him.

It's his feckin job to ensure all the cogs in the wheel are well oiled.  It's that simple.

IMO, a bullsh1tter well and truly out of his depth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

It's his feckin job to ensure all the cogs in the wheel are well oiled.  It's that simple.

Maybe, but not on his own.  That's the point.

Edited by Paul Mellelieu

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Isn't a club secretary the person who signs the papers? I don't know specifically.

33 minutes ago, phili said:

Silvester appointed by Venky's. During Williams and Finn time he was Liverpool club secretary.

Thank you. I do seem to remember Tom's title was Club Secretary and Sylvester was dubbed football Secretary but again I stand to be corrected.

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Conspiracy nonsense.

Its much more likely that final permission to pay anything has to come direct from Pune and that, as usual, they can't make their mind up until it's too late. 

However, I don't blame anyone who believes it's deliberate. It happens too often.