BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

52 minutes ago, goozburger said:

My suspicion is that it's more to do with the pulling of the permanent arrangement by the Board rather than the paperwork fiasco.

Had the Board not pulled the cash for the permanent transfer, I suspect we'd have seen McGuire feature in the game on Saturday. As it happens, one chaotic event is enough to lead to a disaster. Tomasson will have bigger grievances about that than other issues at the club.

As always, the chaotic nature of the owners and the Board are the biggest problems at the club before you get to the competence levels of their employees.

He wouldn't have featured either way - international clearance / work permit stuff.

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

GB is DOF and responsible for all football matters.

If we can't complete deals responsibility rests with him.

It's his feckin job to ensure all the cogs in the wheel are well oiled.  It's that simple.

IMO, a bullsh1tter well and truly out of his depth.

Yet again Mercer I have explained how it works. The club secretary and CEO do the paperwork for contracts and transfers. Simple as

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

If there's one thing that is being said that I will never believe, it's the conspiracy stuff. That somebody in the club is sabotaging paperwork, or willing us to go to League One (we were in it, so why didn't we stay there?).

I know the club seems like a total mess, but don't go insane. The simplest, most believable, and most evidenced reason for everything that has gone on at the club is incompetence from top to bottom.

The problem is that there is apparently no desire or mechanism to improve and become competent.

That's because it starts at the top with Venkys. 

It is their shit show we are sitting through and it will never change until they are gone.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

GB is DOF and responsible for all football matters.

If we can't complete deals responsibility rests with him.

It's his feckin job to ensure all the cogs in the wheel are well oiled.  It's that simple.

IMO, a bullsh1tter well and truly out of his depth.

Well I'm glad you've fallen for Waggot's bullshit hook, line and sinker. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well I'm glad you've fallen for Waggot's bullshit hook, line and sinker. 

What's BS about that?

Waggott is responsible for the Commercial side, Broughton the football side.

Ha! on both counts.

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So a loan-to-buy (with a multi-million £ commitment) has failed to go through twice in twelve months when we've been suffering under financial problems due to the Venky's tax fraud... and you don't think someone at the club is deliberately sabotaging deals?

Ok. 

If I had to guess how this went down - Broughton set up the original transfer for McGuire. It got to Pune and they said "no, you can't spend any of the Wharton money". He then tries to rescue the deal (and get around that stipulation) with a loan-to-buy for the summer and generates the loan fee by selling Ennis. Obviously then someone in India says "no", but it's too late and the deal is already in motion... so they have to sabotage the paperwork AGAIN.

I don't think we paid a loan fee for the French CB or Ayari. We're literally dealing exclusively in freebies and free loans. The Venkys do not know if the Indian government will ever let them put any money in again - that Wharton transfer fee is going to be swallowed up in running costs as we all predicted.

I not agreeing or disagreeing with you here but if the sabotage thing was to be true…Surely professionals like GB would have jumped ship by now? Other than maggot and suhail who would put up with that?  JDT tried to jump ship in the summer but looks like we managed to persuade him to stay.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

The way I see it there are two possibilities. Option 1, Gregg fucked up. Option 2, Gregg didn't fuck up and did his best to get the deal done but was unable to do so due to factors outside his control. Either way surely his position is untenable. If he isn't given the power to do his job properly then what's the point in him having the job.

• Like 5

If Waggot has nothing to do with the football side i suggest a browse of his famous 'bus' interview were he talks of getting market value for Kaminski and appears to be giving himself a pat on the back for that deal.

Then he talks about Ash Phillips transfer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again Mercer I have explained how it works. The club secretary and CEO do the paperwork for contracts and transfers. Simple as

Chaddy my friend, ultimate responsibility for ALL football matters resides with Broughton.  He is DOF and therefore responsible for all football operations including transfers / transactions.

If there are breakages in the chain of actions required to complete a transaction then it's his feckin responsibility to fix them.  If he doesn't or can't then he should feck off.  Simple as.

Consecutive January windows where we seem to have fecked up.

Edited by Mercer

Doesn’t this (from SW) suggest he/the board (and not GB) has the final say on recruitment?

“There will be a defined player budget which quite a bit of it is committed to the players we’ve got but then there will be an amount set aside for how we want to use it.

“Gregg has got the budget lines, he knows what’s available to spend and he will then propose an acquisition of a player, whether that be a permanent transfer, a loan or a free transfer, and he’ll present that to me and the board and say ‘this is who we want’.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy my friend, ultimate responsibility for ALL football matters resides with Broughton.  He is DOF and therefore responsible for all football operations including transfers / transactions.

If there are breakages in the chain of actions required to complete a transaction then it's his feckin responsibility to fix them.  If he doesn't or can't then he should feck off.  Simple as.

Football paperwork is the responsibility of the club secretary and CEO.

it's not GB to do paperwork for transfers and contracts https://www.careers.whufc.com/disciplines/club-secretary?source=google.com

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understanding the timeline of the recent Duncan- transfer it all points to Pune and Venkys, though.

His DOF-role has effectively been reduced to getting freebies and loans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree that GB would have complete oversight on all transfers.

He knows what's happened with McGuire, as he did with OBrien, and if the appeal fails knows why.

I cannot imagine a scenario where GB was not tracking the McGuire case intensely, even if not the one pushing the buttons. It's not the person pushing the button that matters, its the person(s) who told them which ones.

I doubt that the real reasons will see the light of day but I look to Pune.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I not agreeing or disagreeing with you here but if the sabotage thing was to be true…Surely professionals like GB would have jumped ship by now? Other than maggot and suhail who would put up with that?  JDT tried to jump ship in the summer but looks like we managed to persuade him to stay.

Yes, even if you assume GB is completely blameless in this latest fiasco (and I don't actually believe it's his fault we seemingly had to swap from Permanent deals to loan deals) if he nevertheless doesn't resign and tries to present the window as a success then he is obviously happy working under those conditions and is completely complicit in the entire charade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

Understanding the timeline of the recent Duncan- transfer it all points to Pune and Venkys, though.

His DOF-role has effectively been reduced to getting freebies and loans.

If that’s all Broughton does as you claim then he’s under employed, overpaid, and isn’t actually very good at it. Another case for getting rid of the DoF role and letting a manger do the job

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2