BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

It's truly ironic that the accepted narrative appears to be that the latest cock-up was in some way an intentional act by the 'club', and that the view of a number of us that it is GB's sheer sleepwalking incompetence, is now the conspiracy theory. 

You couldn't make it up, although many if us are proving that you can make it up, and then believe it as probable, or even fact. 

It is the fault of whoever was directly responsible for player transfer administration. 

This is the considered opinion of a number of us, all whom sit firmly in the Venky's and Waggot out camp. 

This compounded fiasco will reduce the club's value, to a level beyond what it will save in avoided transfer fees, and that's one of the reasons I don't believe the error was in any way directly intentional. 

Thank god they didn't forget John Fleck's, that lad from Dunkirk and Sorba Bloody Thomas.

It's unbelievable whichever way you slice it.

Unbelievable errors, or unbelievable excuses.

2 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Am I the only one concerned that the fee could have been up to £8million (with sell on clauses) for a 20 year old completely unproven at this level?

Not worried in the least, because we all know that if the fee is anything more than two milk bottle tops and a snog behind the bike shed, these arseholes won't sanction it. So, as far as I'm concerned the fee could be... One hundred billion dollars...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Am I the only one concerned that the fee could have been up to £8million (with sell on clauses) for a 20 year old completely unproven at this level?

According to Nixon on Radio Lancs the figures are inflated, it's nowhere near that. I thought the same too, but it appears the fees are unknown.

15 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Yeah that's poor negotiation on Broughton's part. 

Any other club with foreign owners, they buy a player from the US and see it as a way of expanding their brand globally, using it to their advantage. Wasn't that the Venky's initial plan? Not this lot, we do the complete actual opposite 😂 

It just proves there's something completely messed up at the core of their ownership, "no shit Sherlock" I hear you say.  

I see Sheff Utd are now offering free shipping to SA/Chile, can you imagine our lot doing anything like this? 

If you want to win an argument with a pro-Venkyite, it's a flippant and throwaway place to start, but something you can't really deny. It's real indicator of the lack of care and imagination from those in power at Ewood.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Absolutely. When we’d agreed a fee for about half this previously. 

Obviously it's insanity but in reality it probably wouldn't have mattered if the purchase option was £100m we clearly never had any intention to make the deal permanent.

Were maybe hoping he'd see us through this season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

No wonder the players agent held off Weds and came back to Broughton on this, what was seemingly a reasonable deal for an unproven prospect turned into a Grabbi style piss take.  He had his pant pulled right down and just agreed to it, no wonder the paperwork didn't get sent.

Food for thought here in regards to GB when you look at the Ennis 4 yr deal  and double wages for a known crock then the Leo signing and fee.

The guy sounds like a right mug and maybe he's the problem and someone down there is trying to stop him agreeing to all these crazy terms.

Wonder if he's on commission....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No wonder the players agent held off Weds and came back to Broughton on this, what was seemingly a reasonable deal for an unproven prospect turned into a Grabbi style piss take.  He had his pant pulled right down and just agreed to it, no wonder the paperwork didn't get sent.

Food for thought here in regards to GB when you look at the Ennis 4 yr deal  and double wages for a known crock then the Leo signing and fee.

The guy sounds like a right mug and maybe he's the problem and someone down there is trying to stop him agreeing to all these crazy terms.

Wonder if he's on commission....

It was always going to be high, we had just received the Wharton cash.

In reality he was just getting a forward in till end of season and used Ennis sale to fund the loan. A good deal really.

With Ennis it was a 50/50 low risk punt. If he goes to Stoke stays fit and scores 10 goals towards the end of the season we'd be having a very different conversation. There is talent there, we just haven't been able to harness and develop it.

13 minutes ago, phili said:

It was always going to be high, we had just received the Wharton cash.

In reality he was just getting a forward in till end of season and used Ennis sale to fund the loan. A good deal really.

With Ennis it was a 50/50 low risk punt. If he goes to Stoke stays fit and scores 10 goals towards the end of the season we'd be having a very different conversation. There is talent there, we just haven't been able to harness and develop it.

They didn't use him even when fit to harness it not even bringing him on in games we were losing so pull the other one.

As has been done to death there'll be very little profit in this fee after paying him a settlement etc so it's time that myth was put to bed.

As for the other deal the guy agreed everything then after it was pulled then supposedly back on again the agent tried it on as they do and Broughton seemingly bent over and greased up. Loan fee then price went up and a load of add ons, come on now if those figures are anywhere near correct is absolute madness.

Guy is a mug and the Ennis thing stinks of an agent getting a guy in here with the intention to get him fit then punt him on again quickly, we've seen it before. A 4 year contract on c10k pwk is a 2 million pound commitment it isn't a punt at all and the only people who have benefited there are the player and agent.

The ones who most definitely haven't are Blackburn Rovers but GB has manged to cover his arse on that one. This Orlando deal though and the Leo one have exposed him and god only knows what wages he'd agreed to pay the lad after he was only on 1200 dollars a week.

Sorry but it's probably a good job we don't have a budget if this cretin is in charge of it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

it is astonishing that there is such miscommunication between Raos in India and the directors at Ewood park.

GB and the rest were sure that they were able to spend a few millions on a permanent transfer after the record sale of Wharton. Venkys eventually called in and said no.

Highly unprofessional by Venkys.

The Wharton sale seems pushed by Venkys

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Are we talking people with a high profile or the youth opportunities kids?

They’ve blamed it on Rover the Dog.

They had him put down next to those wheelie bins outside the Jack Walker stand.

• Like 1

People heard Friday  JDT was leaving after the QPR match 

Rumours going around on Sunday that Broughton had resigned 

Both not true so with Respect to JB I'm sure he has heard 2 have left today but there probably is no truth to it.

• Like 6

The LET article makes it clear that the reported fees were inflated. There's zero point in criticising GB over the fee on the loan deal, because we have no idea what that fee actually was.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24097585.blackburn-pulled-permanent-transfer-mcguire/

Meanwhile, we do know that he's working for owners who change their mind about transfer funds availability on the last day of the fricking transfer window.

Can you imagine working for them?

That said, the admin error appears to be a fuck up that GB is indirectly responsible for, and that one is unforgivable at the second time of happening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Both not true so with Respect to JB I'm sure he has heard 2 have left today but there probably is no truth to it.

In fairness I heard similar, none ops staff more finance related 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Anyone who actually believes this was a genuine administrative error is naive at best.

There should be a financial penalty or an embargo for clubs who fail to follow the correct procedures. It is a multi billion pounds business and there are brain-dead crooks at the top end of most football clubs destroying the game.

Never thought I'd say this but the players in this instance need protecting. Can really fuck up their careers and lives, that's not even being dramatic. Fucked O'Brien, fucked Brierley and now there is a young America lad sitting in the UK in limbo not knowing is he staying or going. All because we have c*unts destroying the football club we all adore. 

Disgraceful, truly and utterly disgraceful.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Third time lucky. It's true this time