BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

6 hours ago, DE. said:

Have to say it is very hard to believe that after last year's fiasco something like that could have happened. As someone else said, Broughton would surely have been double and triple checking everything had gone through to ensure he wasn't embarrassed again. It's his reputation being given a battering if another fuck up happens, in his first appointment as DoF. I struggle to accept he wouldn't have been making 110% sure that everything had gone through exactly as it needed to. It leads me to believe he either talks a good game but is utterly incompetent, or that there's more to this than the club are telling us. I'm not one for conspiracies but it's a question of whether you believe Gregg is an idiot or the club are keeping something out of the public domain. Granted it could be both. 

I have posted my reading of what happened/ is happening in the Waggott thread.

This is a palace coup engineered by Swag for Swag own advantage and the McGuire cockup a deliberate move in the game in my opinion.

I wouldn't rule out last year's O'Brien and Brierly mess as a failed attempt by Swag at setting up Broughton so Swag regained control over the football side.

• Like 5

On 05/02/2024 at 19:18, TommyRovers said:

Some of the forms needed to register McGuire were lying on top of the fax machine and hadn't been sent. Whether these were visa, international clearance/registration I do not know. The club sent all relevant forms to the EFL and went ahead with the announcement. It wasn't until hours later that this was discovered thus creating the mess we are now in.

With the club yesterday admitting the revelation about us saving the document on the EFL system  but not sending it was true , at least we now know Tommys fax weren’t actually facts.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hasta said:

With the club yesterday admitting the revelation about us saving the document on the EFL system  but not sending it was true , at least we now know Tommys fax weren’t actually facts.

My info was correct. The forms needed to be sent were not sent and no one realised until it was too late. “Left on the machine” and “saved not sent” were the differences. That depends on who’s to believe I suppose.

love the support as always Hasta, appreciate it honey.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

My info was correct. The forms needed to be sent were not sent and no one realised until it was too late. “Left on the machine” and “saved not sent” were the differences. That depends on who’s to believe I suppose.

Lol. We knew the forms had been late being sent on Saturday two days before your ITK fantasy. But keep em coming. Saying McGuire was in Manchester when he was then proven to be still on the other side of the Atlantic will take some beating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Lol. We knew the forms had been late being sent on Saturday two days before your ITK fantasy. But keep em coming. Saying McGuire was in Manchester when he was then proven to be still on the other side of the Atlantic will take some beating. 

Never claimed to be itk. Sometimes info is slightly wrong. Heading to Manchester and in Manchester. I’m not an all seeing, all knowing crystal ball. I occasionally post what I hear. 

You’re like a Burnley fan on a rovers twitter page. Obsessed. Just move on with your life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

I have posted my reading of what happened/ is happening in the Waggott thread.

This is a palace coup engineered by Swag for Swag own advantage and the McGuire cockup a deliberate move in the game in my opinion.

I wouldn't rule out last year's O'Brien and Brierly mess as a failed attempt by Swag at setting up Broughton so Swag regained control over the football side.

Seeing as he was in Brum when the last cock up happened he'd have to have had the secretary in on it and also how come GB took the flack for it ?

Looks more to me like Waggot probably knew it would never get signed off in India when push came to shove and removed himself as far as possible from any responsibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

What's next bro? 

John Eustace in?

Who's leaving? 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know you may be desperate for gossip but youve not really gone to the right person.

True. i honestly don't know. JDT hasn't gone yet so any talk of someone lined up is probably far from the truth.

16 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Wonder what Duncan makes of all this, got visions of him holed up in his room at the Dunkenhalgh wearing a bleaching cap looking wistfully out of the window as sleet batters the valley. 

Think of the Mercure loyalty points he’s building up…😉

• Like 4

Perhaps we can plead stupidity and show everything was in place. 

"How incompetent must someone be to make similar mistakes twice in 12 months Mr EFL? Exactly, we have the most dimwitted imbecile operating the system. Of course everything was in place, you can see that. It's just our staff couldn't see the difference between save and submit".

"You're right, it's so laughably poor that this person needs assessing. Fair enough. See you again in 12 months, we'll move the deadline for Rovers alone an hour earlier next time so it's actually submitted by the point everyone else does"

• Like 1