BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Broughton and his recruitment team have made a great play about their scouting and how they have various lists in case some transfers break down.

We must be on list X by now judging by some of the names being linked.

He'd be better off bringing no-one in if that's the pond we're fishing in.

• Like 1

all the talk of selling Wharton to keep the lights on at something just turn them off mess up the transfer stop the money coming in and force administration. It will do no good anyway just limp to the next transfer window sign no one and sell more of our young players 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Broughton and his recruitment team have made a great play about their scouting and how they have various lists in case some transfers break down.

We must be on list X by now judging by some of the names being linked.

(Can't resist)

And yet the Wharton deal will no doubt miraculously still go through despite these alleged "snags".

And our resident local "journalist" laps it up hook line and sinker.

• Like 1

We really are a toxic club infiltrated by self serving journeymen and absent owners with hidden motives. Think this window may be the last straw If it pans out like it's looking like.

I'm torn between sacking us off and enjoying football as a neutral, to that's letting Venkys win In that the fans who really know have all given up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J*B said:

The senior staff at Rovers think the fan base are totally stupid and will believe whatever nonsense they put out through friendly media outlets. And quite frankly they’re right. There is only a few of us bother question any of it. 

A hell of a lot of people just aren’t very bright, they have no critical thinking skills.

Couple that with the ‘be kind’, ‘be positive’ mantras of a load of folk on social media and the incompetence and negligence at this club is given a free pass.

And of course just to top it off is the embarrassingly craven local media that is more than happy to toe the line to ensure unfettered access to the one thing that still gets clicks in an era where local journalism has collapsed - the local football club.

No scrutiny or accountability at any level at that club and by god does it show.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

The senior staff at Rovers think the fan base are totally stupid and will believe whatever nonsense they put out through friendly media outlets. And quite frankly they’re right. There is only a few of us bother question any of it. 

The ever dwindling fan base?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

If he can't do even that then the club's screwed...

I think what that should say is - the club’s screwed.

If it wasn’t for my son and grandson, and me trying to maintain that continuity of support I’d be long gone. I bailed out when they appointed Coyle and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I’m within an ace of doing it again.

13 years of this shite is enough for anybody.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nixon

Screenshot_20240201-112717.png

"Insiders" trying to shift the blame on to the player via Nixon. Funny, that. The situation is certainly a farce, but the "insiders" feeding him this shit are just as big a farce. That's the PG way of describing them. I have other words more fitting for them.

Within the last few hours we've had the following from two journalists on McGuire:

Jackson - "It was always going to be a complicated deal"

Nixon - "He was told not to travel because of doubts over the Rovers switch".

Both of those quotes are helping to lay the blame on the player and taking the heat off the club.

Which is why I don't believe them. Bollocks to the party line propaganda.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

"Insiders" trying to shift the blame on to the player via Nixon. Funny, that. The situation is certainly a farce, but the "insiders" feeding him this shit are just as big a farce. That's the PG way of describing them. I have other words more fitting for them.

Within the last few hours we've had the following from two journalists on McGuire:

Jackson - "It was always going to be a complicated deal"

Nixon - "He was told not to travel because of doubts over the Rovers switch".

Both of those quotes are helping to lay the blame on the player and taking the heat off the club.

Which is why I don't believe them. Bollocks to the party line propaganda.

That Nixon story is a fairy tale, but more grimm and makes less sense.

• Like 1