BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

Just now, bazza said:

Last few games shows that the manager (head coach) has lost it. Let's hope he can give his head a wobble and change things. If he continues like this we are going down.

Can't keep blaming the thin squad. We have some good young players. It needs a manager with a bit of (Warnock, Allardyce ) nouse. JDT needs to learn quickly and be brave enough to change his strategy.

It really doesn't. 

Early days yet. 

• Like 3

I don't think we can be surprised at that line up failing to score a goal. I honestly thought, when I saw the line up, we didnt stand a chance. Nor a surprise at failing once again to keep a clean sheet. The result is no worse than I expected. What makes it feel worse is that this one really wasn't a deserved defeat, based on the performance of two poor teams. But ours is a team that is getting used to losing and I'm already wishing this season would end.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We just lost again? Do you expect cartwheels and confetti?

To look at the overall game objective and put some proper perspective on it. Not overreacting like plenty do on this forum when we lose

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

'Play well' and lose!

What the feck happens when we are poor!?!?

No gloss, we are deep in sh1te - wake up and smell the coffee.

Hopefully win. 

No Mercer we aren't in deep shit either. You might think this but sadly I don't. The players are playing well and I reckon we will win at QPR. 

4 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Sorry Chaddy I don’t share your confidence in JDT he’s a good manager but he needs to learn that we can’t be as gung ho as we are. We are virtually playing 4-2-4 and also 3-3-4 a lot of the time. It’s fine if we score lots of goals by playing this way but don’t do it only needs errors for goals to be scored against us. 
When we don’t have a striker we are better suited to a counter offensive game plan like we had at Watford. We are playing pretty football but it’s suicide football. We have to change otherwise we will end up getting relegated. 

We weren't gung ho today. We sat deeper. 

Yes when we had the ball Hill tuck inside and Brittain moved inside and play next to Wharton with JRC pushing on support our front 4, but when we lost the ball we moved back in 4-1-4-1 formation and made it more solid. 

How was today performance and playing style suicide football? far from it. It was tight game decided by a ref not given a clear goal. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

None of this is on JDT. He is trying to play an attacking style of play. We have played some very good attractive football so far this season. 

Today's defeat is on a ref who gave a legit goal then bottled it when a linesman supposedly saw a foul 

woah, Why am I'm not surprised by people turning on JDT already. I would stick with JDT, he is build a squad playing a good style of football and entertain the fans 

I disagree that it's entertaining or good football. It's shambolic football. Conceding 21 goals, losing 4 games in a row, and 6 out of 10 losses is not entertaining football. It's a complete myth that it's entertaining just because it's pretty passing football.

Our tactics are naive and we have a very soft underbelly as the sole focus is on keeping possession and passing the ball. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Do you really expect us to win every time we play with a team shorn of forwards? 

No one expects that. It’s just losing 5 out of the last 6 is starting to become incredibly frustrating. And we don’t concede 16 goals in those 6 games because of a lack of fit strikers. We do it because we are badly set up.

• Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Personally I think one chink of light could be now that we have this more solid looking setup we can vary it with the more attacking one. So we have two gears and a bit of unpredictability.

But we really really need someone to step up as a number 9.

We have shown we can grind it out and play with discipline - Watford away a prime example. The lack of number 9 will continue to cost us points though, you're right. 

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Last few games shows that the manager (head coach) has lost it. Let's hope he can give his head a wobble and change things. If he continues like this we are going down.

Can't keep blaming the thin squad. We have some good young players. It needs a manager with a bit of (Warnock, Allardyce ) nouse. JDT needs to learn quickly and be brave enough to change his strategy.

Not blaming the thin squad and lack of goalscorers is to absolve Venkys and Waggott. Fuck that, it's on them.

And he did change his strategy this evening. Without the all out attack for 90 minutes we scored feck all.

Mark Hughes sacked by Bradford - hope he’s still available when Tomasson leaves.

On the way home after a depressing night. We played well for 20 minutes at the end of the first half but the rest was forgettable and the late goal entirely predictable 

Rovers fans few in number at the Ricoh and subdued most of the time. It’s going to be a long hard winter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I disagree that it's entertaining or good football. It's shambolic football. Conceding 21 goals, losing 4 games in a row, and 6 out of 10 losses is not entertaining football. It's a complete myth that it's entertaining just because it's pretty passing football.

Our tactics are naive and we have a very soft underbelly as the sole focus is on keeping possession and passing the ball. 

Same has been said about every manager under Venkys, who are the only constant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Sorry, completely disagree. We had nobody willing to take the ball on the turn as soon as he went off and we faded completely as an attacking force. I like Tronstad but he's more of a defensive shield than a playmaker.

I’d be wary of trying it, but on paper, it should probably be Tronstad and Wharton in there. Not sure what you do with your club captain and last season’s break-out, consistently top performer, but that’s why they don’t pay me the big bucks.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Coventry were dreadful and still won. You don't have to do much to score against us...but great passing football so all good. If you can't do the basics right then you're never gonna get results. JDT has got it hopelessly wrong this season with the way he's approached it. Trying to play like Barcelona on our budget is a very smart move.

5th from bottom and the worst defensive record. I'd get rid ASAP and get an organiser through the door.  

I disagree with the get him out and get an 'organiser in' for the following reasons:

1) He showed last season he can organise a team defensively. I didn't think we were organised defensively tonight.

2) the money used to sack in would go further being spent on a player in January.

3) what's a warnock type going to do with this side, it's the antithesis of his teams. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'd be more concerned if we were being out-played every week. Surely the tide must turn at some point?

Keep the faith and all that!

That's the bigger worry though, we're losing and playing well. When we lose form we're gonna get seriously bummed.

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

To look at the overall game objective and put some proper perspective on it. Not overreacting like plenty do on this forum when we lose

Hopefully win. 

No Mercer we aren't in deep shit either. You might think this but sadly I don't. The players are playing well and I reckon we will win at QPR. 

We weren't gung ho today. We sat deeper. 

Yes when we had the ball Hill tuck inside and Brittain moved inside and play next to Wharton with JRC pushing on support our front 4, but when we lost the ball we moved back in 4-1-4-1 formation and made it more solid. 

How was today performance and playing style suicide football? far from it. It was tight game decided by a ref not given a clear goal. 

Flipping this on its head for a second-

Is it realistic to expect rationality on the message board of a team within minutes of their fourth defeat in a row?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It’s this for me Madon 

We will come out of this. Far too early in the season to be predicting relegation scraps. Many, many teams have been here before, including Middlesbrough last year 

I genuinely do think that this squad will click. Roll on the Chelsea game for me. It’s a serious chance to turn our fortunes around 

Gutted about today but so early on I won’t get carried away. 4 on the bounce is shite. But we’ve been here before. It’ll be the time for the more doom and gloom type personality to shine yet, for me, the turning point will be soon 

I really want to believe this, and hope you are right. But I don't feel it, right now, because of the significant imbalance, and weaknesses, in our squad and, based on my hazy memories, were not reflected in the teams of Boro, Forest etc that marched up the table. Each had a goalscoring striker. Each had strength in the midfield. Each had transfer window money to call on. We aren't the same proposition. 

Edited by Devon Rover
Mobile typeos

Off topic but the most surprising and hopeless thing about all this is the many comments from supposed fans on the Rovers FB groups. It's a nonstop love affair with Venkys and anger at anyone questioning them. How we are lucky to even be existing at all, how TM did miracles to keep us in the Championship, how we can't dream of anything more. And it's not just a handful saying this, it's masses.

Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.