BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just caught the last 15 mins or so of normal time when I got in. Immensely entertaining stuff if you were a neutral , arguably at two goals up at 3-1 we were far too open though.

Not sure what our so called keeper was doing for their second, it went bang smack down the middle of the goal and he got absolutely no where near it.

Good three points things are getting mildly interesting as regards the table but I still think it's extremely hard to envisage us finishing in the top 6.

The manager continues to overperform despite a threadbare squad, a CEO who doesn't want success and a dud in situ as DOF. Well done JDT.

It deflected off Whartons foot so took a wicked dip. Could have saved it though, but the mistake by the veteran Ruddy was worse.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just caught the last 15 mins or so of normal time when I got in. Immensely entertaining stuff if you were a neutral , arguably at two goals up at 3-1 we were far too open though.

Not sure what our so called keeper was doing for their second, it went bang smack down the middle of the goal and he got absolutely no where near it.

Good three points things are getting mildly interesting as regards the table but I still think it's extremely hard to envisage us finishing in the top 6.

The manager continues to overperform despite a threadbare squad, a CEO who doesn't want success and a dud in situ as DOF. Well done JDT.

It took a deflection on Wharton. He made some super saves tonight. Hopefully he will be better than Kaminski in the future.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 4

Why are people jibing at people who rate some players and not others? Highlighting Pickering and A.Wharton, I rate Wharton massively and don't rate Pickering at all, is that allowed? Strange stuff after an enjoyable game and result.

"And for those of you who give player X a hard time"...give it a rest.

Were stretched at the moment....the bench are very weak with just youngsters... we need bodies in and needed some subs after we went 3-0 up but who would you put in.... maybe a Garrett but we sealed it anyway. I think some of the physics in our team are superb, we look pacy and strong in our attacks and have an identity how we play. We just need some more players to give the others a breather or two.

• Like 2

3-0 up, stress free rest of the game? Nah, we’re Rovers; we don’t do stress free. 

We’re like the Kevin Keegan 90’s Newcastle. Some superb passing play at times tonight. 

Thought JDT did well taking Travis off, as he would have been sent off eventually; That Dembele looked a great player and we never really dealt with him. 

Pleased to see Harry score, the Brum commentary blamed a deflection,  but I thought it was a proper strikers goal. He definitely needs more game time, I think he’s got a lot to offer and has the foundations to be a good striker at least at this level. 

• Like 7

Think everyone was solid tonight, only concern is Siggurdson, involved in the 4th goal but he was poor enough tonight, half arsed and sluggish. It's not really clicked got him since he got off to a flying start. 

Trav also a concern, very limited and hindered us first half, was the right call to replace him.

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

It took a deflection on Wharton. He made some super saves tonight. Hopefully he will be better than Kaminski in the future.

Hopefully. That’s a tall order. I think Tommy K’s dip in form clouds a lot of people’s judgement; before his injury he won us a lot of matches on his own. If Leo can just sort out his catching he could be decent as he looks like a good shot stopper. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Were stretched at the moment....the bench are very weak with just youngsters... we need bodies in and needed some subs after we went 3-0 up but who would you put in.... maybe a Garrett but we sealed it anyway. I think some of the physics in our team are superb, we look pacy and strong in our attacks and have an identity how we play. We just need some more players to give the others a breather or two.

Not just the bench, we’re a side of youngsters. What was the average age today, 21 maybe? 

• Like 2