BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thanks for confirming.

And that under 50% figure incudes Darwen, of course. So the town of Blackburn itself must be at historically low numbers as a percentage of the ST base… something that seems to be lost on the club as it is still very Blackburn focused in its outreach, school engagement, advertising etc. 

The Rovers Community Trust BRCT do some fantastic work in BwD schools, youth centres and the local community in general; it helps having a unitary authority and some excellent contacts in the council.  I would find it difficult to fault their work.

When it comes to outside BwD it is more challenging with competition with other club community trusts for catchment areas.  Also the schools outside are mainly under Preston based Lancashire County Council with the leisure centres and youth centres tending to come under numerous district councils.  This requires different and far more numerous relationships and the funding to undertake such work.

I am not trying to score points here but outside of BwD includes many far more prosperous areas which, in my opinion, should be targeted as the value to Rovers in terms of income as well as footfall is invaluable.

Edited by Mike Graham
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The Rovers Community Trust BRCT do some fantastic work in BwD schools, youth centres and the local community in general; it helps having a unitary authority and some excellent contacts in the council.  I would find it difficult to fault their work.

When it comes to outside BwD it is more challenging with competition with other club community trusts for catchment areas.  Also the schools outside are mainly under Preston based Lancashire County Council with the leisure centres and youth centres tending to come under numerous district councils.  This requires different and far more numerous relationships and the funding to undertake such work.

Not faulting it, it’s important, especially with an Asian community that we need to see through the gates in increasing numbers in the future.

But fanbases don’t neatly fit into 1970s created arbitrary lines on a map, especially now as people have become more transient (as your under 50% figure outlines).

We must have a bigger presence in the Ribble Valley and Hyndburn to name but two as we have a big latent support in those council areas. Indeed not being ‘their’ borough doesn’t stop Burnley in Pendle, PNE in South Ribble or Bolton/Preston in Chorley.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

There are only about 150 tickets left in the whole of the JW which equates to 10,650 sold in that stand when taking into account the netted off area which surely should be removed today.  I cannot recall it being that full for 15+ years.

I suppose we don’t know how many have been sold/compd in the middle two corporate/hospitality blocks as always greyed out. But yep we’ll have sold out the lot by KO in general sale areas - Oxford game did, before that, err, I’m struggling.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

There are only about 150 tickets left in the whole of the JW which equates to 10,650 sold in that stand when taking into account the netted off area which surely should be removed today.  I cannot recall it being that full for 15+ years.

Great news Mike.

Where is the netted area in the JW?

22 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I was flying in from Shanghai for the game today, really excited and looking forward to it a great deal, especially after being there for the first fan takeover versus Girona, but unfortunately last night my plane got stuck on the runway for three hours and I missed my connecting flight to Manchester in Dubai.  I have the ticket PDF and I would think anyone could use it so if you want it PM me 

Gutted 

Really feel for you. Gutting

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I suppose we don’t know how many have been sold/compd in the middle two corporate/hospitality blocks as always greyed out. But yep we’ll have sold out the lot by KO in general sale areas - Oxford game did, before that, err, I’m struggling.

Whilst dropping off our stuff in the Fanzone yesterday Duncan and I asked about corporate and were told it is “very full”.  I don’t know how that equates to numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Great news Mike.

Where is the netted area in the JW?

WO1 by the Darwen End.  It is about 250 seats.  They may find a dead body or two underneath as it has been there for a long term.  You can’t miss it as it says Venkys but many may sublimely pass over it without noticing 😂😂😂

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

BBE lower and JW will end up all gone, plus half a riverside must have us surpassing 18k in the home end. I’d have loved 20k home fans but this is a superb effort still. 

Could be a 20k attendance with away fans and on the day walk ons. 

• Like 4

15,583 home supporters so far.

However, if I include the corporate blocks of W09 and W10, and include all front row seating, the number of home supporters is 16,094 as it stands. That would be more inline with @Mike Graham's official figure, plus I suspect some extra sales since then.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

Good luck today guys.

I can't be there myself, but will be watching on Rovers TV with my son, daughter in law and a couple of his mates are going.

I know you have put a lot of work into this, so hope is proves to be the success it is looking to be right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

15,583 home supporters so far.

Do you think the difference between yours and Mike’s figure over the past few days is that it looks as is if quite a few front row seats have been sold that are normally greyed out as standard?

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you think the difference between yours and Mike’s figure over the past few days is that unlike normally it looks as is if quite a few front row seats have been sold that are normally greyed out as standard?

Yes. My numbers are usually on the reserved side because I exclude the seats that are greyed out and never truly visible in terms of how many have actually bought tickets (front rows at ground level, and the corporate blocks). I've amended my post with numbers that are more in line if I include those in full.

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Its a real shame the weather hasnt been more favourable for walk ons today, but still a magnificent response.

Yeah the weather has been shocking up here for the last few days, in fact I can’t remember a wetter Autumn/run up to Xmas. That’s bound to affect walk ons. I’m not looking forward to coming over on the train from Rochdale if it’s still pissing down.

Please don't freeze, every time there is a gate like this in the home sections it tends to lead to a performance that won't bring them straight back !

Oxford aside which was years ago now.

Rovers   3     Hornets   2    in a barn burner.

In reality.......   Rovers   1      Watford  1

18,358      (1,400 away)

• Like 1