BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Why u blaming the efl for a players stupidity 

Cos their players don't get booked for similar or worse offences.

Brittain's first yellow card was for a shirt pull in their third of the field. Their LB indicated that Brittain should get booked - a yellow card if you're following the new rules, but obviously the ref turned a blind eye.

Their player didn't get booked for scything A. Wharton down in the D with a mistimed slide.

It's literally one rule for one and one rule for the other.

• Like 1

This has been a waste of a game.  You can defend deep, but short passes in congested areas around your box without an outlet further up the pitch to start a break won't work. I'm pretty sure this is our tactics and not just saints forcing us into it.

Then out of nothing, Brittan stupidly gets sent off. These tactics will be even worse now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

What a retarded idiot ..I know they footballers are thick but what a stupid idiot . Tear his contract up . Up there with most brain dead thing I've seen by any footballer ever. Only worse was 70s Zaire. 

Emotions are high, but remember Cantona at Selhurst Park, Zidane’s headbutt, Roy Keane on Alfie Haaland. Even Beckham with Simeone.

Edited by Bethnal

Just now, Bethnal said:

How come you’ve got the Southampton commentators?

By the by, he’s probably par for the population down there

I don't know but he keeps getting the names wrong and he delivers every bit of commentary with false jollity. I don't think he's at the right game tbh. His co-commentator occasionally chuckles when he makes a mistake. It was funny at first but now it's grating.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I appreciate Southampton are far ahead of us as far as resources and talent are concerned, but it's disappointing to feel like we haven't even put up a fight today. Even against Leicester and Leeds I felt like we gave it a go, but today it's like the lads haven't wanted to be there, JDT set up up for a 0-0 at best and Brittain epitomises the whole thing by seemingly purposefully getting himself a boxing day suspension. Really disheartening. 

• Like 1

Szmodics losing his head as well.

Soft goal from a corner and petulant decision from the right back has undermined the game plan. There was merit in it (FWIW, I think it was the right call to start out with), it hasn’t paid off. Southampton away doesn’t define the season.

• Like 1