BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

Well I did say after Southampton that I feared a Christmas horror show.

We have crap owners who re-arranged the deck chairs on the Titanic in the Summer of 2022, but who will not / cannot provide an adequate level of funding, with a totally futile model of allowing only young players to be signed.

We still have a useless CEO, with an inexperienced DOF (a constituency somewhere is missing a crap MP), and a struggling Head Coach, who I still believe would succeed given a half decent set up above him.

It’s no surprise that it’s all caught up on us in the end, and we could well end up in a relegation struggle, with a squad of players wholly unsuitable for that scenario.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Jesus, we can't attract someone like him? Give over.

No, not remotely.

His next job is vital for his career, but as he’s sitting on a massive pay off he’s no need to rush back in. So why the bloody hell would he risk it for this sorry excuse for a football club that doesn’t have a pot to piss in?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I thought Telalovic (7.5) had a great game- ahead of Leonard & Ennis now for me.

Trondstadt always looks good, great little player.   I thought both Hill and Hyam were poor today.

Brittain poor, Pickering as ever 6/10 

Garrett was decent, 6.5

Szmodic needs to be more involved, 6.5

Ennis looks like he's running in quick sand... hope the lad comes good but not seen much in him if I am honest..

Carter looked good when he came on, got everything in his locker that lad.

Moran looked very bright on the ball- 7

Wharton, always looks for that forward pass, just like to see a bit more urgency in his tracking up and down..

A very unspectacular, dodgy at the back performance.

This would be my best side

GK: Wahlsted
DL: Pickering
DR: Carter
DC: Wharton
DC: Hill
CDM: Trondstadt
MLC: Sigurdsson
MC: Wharton
MC: Travis
AMC: Szmodic
ST: Telalovic

We're woefully short in terms of pace which is a major issue.. Lots of great possession but we're slow in transition - struggle to stretch teams.

I'd like to see Batty pushed to the bench to sharpen up Pickering, rest Brittain, really like him but seems out of sorts.

Semir looked decent, but didn't threaten their goal enough for me. I'll give him and Tronstad 7/10, and everyone else a 5 or less.

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Another pointless game here.

I said at 1-0 we might as well blow the final whistle. 

Literally no point in us playing on when we concede first.

Absolutely pathetic. What even is the point of this club?

I got a framed shirt from the 94/95 season for Christmas - I don't even want to hang it at this point. That club is dead. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just seen the goals - the body language is horrific. Even at 2-1 nobody is grabbing the ball from the net.

Not one man in that side.

I’m not Travis biggest fan, but as a captain / leader on the pitch he’s better than most of this lot. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We do have a squad lacking depth but we didn't lose as many players in summer as people made out. We lost Ayala (barely played), Dack (barely played and unfancied), Morton (derided as useless) and Diaz (big miss at times, fair enough). Kaminski too - but the manager seemed happy with that and didn't play him when fit. Yet we are considerably worse.

That doesn't quite tell the whole story does it. We already struggled to score goals with Brereton and we've had a bit of luck with Szmodics stepping in. Combine that with the CEO announcing to everyone that the goal was to stay up and these results become acceptable and normal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

As much as I hate to say it, at the moment the only thing that JDT is better than Mowbray at, is giving media interviews

If JDT had the same backing they gave Mowbray we'd be playing PL football this season (albeit I'm sure we'd be coming straight back down as we'd need an entire new XI). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

His 'style of football' didn't contribute to any of the three goals we conceded today - they were all down to individual errors. 

You don't think the style of football hasn't anything to do with the amount of goals we've conceded this season? Why do you think our defenders make so many mistakes?

They're asked to pass out from the back all game and our gung ho football means they're run ragged every game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Jesus, we can't attract someone like him? Give over.

Sparks, he’s solidly linked with the Palace job, which is basically up for grabs at the minute. I can’t think of a manager with a higher stock and currently out of a job in this country at present, just as a lot of clubs here and abroad will be looking at their managers as disposable.

He badmouthed this club’s current administration over the O’Brien debacle to the extent that you could only assume we marched into his living room the previous Christmas Day and pissed on his family.

If you think Steve Cooper’s even taking the call, you’re beyond help.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Get some decent loans in January, he's got contacts that lad.  Big bonus to get us in top 6....come on, let's go...👌

You realise that loans cost money, right? Both a loan fee and a contribution (if not all) to the player's wages?

We had to loan Buckley out to loan in Moran ffs. 

Some worrying facts for me are:

Wahlstedt has made the third most saves in the league.

We have conceded the second most goals in the league; 46 goals in 25 games, an average of 1,84 per game.

Only Rotherham have conceded more with 48 so should be an eventful game eh? 

We have played well and lost in a fair few matches this season but after a while that'll tire out the squad mentally and that's what it looks like we're seeing now. The performance levels are dropping, and the team spirit is really getting tested. Need two good results now in a row against Rotherham and in the FA Cup and hopefully we can get a bit of confidence back.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Were in the bottom but have the main scorer in the championship before new year on 15 goals. Unreal! Find a way to win games.

Sorry but you asked me a question, which I answered for you and then never answered the question I asked you...are you a fan of JDTs style and his tactics?

Absolutely shambolic performance from both the keeper and backline… 

and that’s before I start on the ownership that have left us with a basket case of a playing squad, and Waggot who keeps telling them they don’t need to spend anything. 

This January is the biggest in this club’s recent history. 

#VenkysAndWaggotOut 

• Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

You don't think the style of football hasn't anything to do with the amount of goals we've conceded this season? Why do you think our defenders make so many mistakes?

They're asked to pass out from the back all game and our gung ho football means they're run ragged every game.

I don't know - but getting turned inside out by a donkey like Delap, failing to engage an average player in Connolly and fluffing a clearance from a corner has nothing to do with wanting to pass the ball out from the back. 

• Like 4