BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

Does anyone know how much money we’ve generated from the cup runs over the last two seasons from both prize money and TV money?

QF and 4th Round last year and 5th Round (still to go) and 4th Round this year (it’ll be 4 premier league teams played with Newcastle)

That money alone should be given to JDT for Januarys budget given the guff Mowbray served us in the cup for years. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd leave it till summer if I was him...Palace could go down. Probs won't but could do

It’s still the chance of Premier League football, in what is a short career, and I think our financial situ will result in us shepherding him off to Croydon, (or elsewhere).

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Does anyone know how much money we’ve generated from the cup runs over the last two seasons from both prize money and TV money?

QF and 4th Round last year and 5th Round (still to go) and 4th Round this year (it’ll be 4 premier league teams played with Newcastle)

That money alone should be given to JDT for Januarys budget given the guff Mowbray served us in the cup for years. 

Read somewhere last years cup runs were worth £3m 

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

For most of the game sounded like there’s about 700, not 7,000 

They still felt the need to chant 'your support is fucking shit' at one point though.

Just now, Tom said:

He desperately needs a goal but I quite like what I see from Semir there’s some potential there 

He needs that first goal to calm his nerves, he's got a bit of jitteriness about him at the moment.

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Read somewhere last years cup runs were worth £3m 

So we’ve put a few extra million in the pot for Rovers that we wouldn’t have seen for years prior - should just be bonus money straight into transfer/wage kitty. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

He desperately needs a goal but I quite like what I see from Semir there’s some potential there 

He's begging for a goal. A worrying thing watching him is that he never seems to be in the right place at the right time. Desperate for some confidence. 

I don't watch him and think he's absolute gash though, which I got watching Hirst last year..and Leonard/Ennis this year. 

• Backroom

Not keen on the ref throwing the rules out of the window and just playing a single minute stoppage time out of pity 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, deanives said:

Has anyone mentioned about what sigurdsson actually brings to the team? He doesn't seem to bring anything that we actually need, like he did when he first came into the team

Dunno, something to do with being our second top scorer and having nearly double the goals of the two in third. Probably doesn't bring anything though yeh.... goals don't matter, right?

• Like 4