BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 3/2/24

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

3 at the back with Hedges / JRC as wingbacks would be the way to go. As you say, Siggurdsson and Dolan offer no/very little cover. I never thought I’d be desperate for Hedges to return!

Or JRC on the right and Chrisene on the left? 

16 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I think a lot look like turds due to the system we play.

Go back to something more pragmatic and they start to look like championship players again.

What wrong with the system we play which is 4-2-3-1 formation? What would you change? 

Considering he's no right foot, I was bemused why Chrisene was coming central so oftenr rather than overlapping.  Especially with Gallagher on the pitch, despite his inability to cleanly win a header, you'd had thought you'd push Chrisene on the outside of Sigurdson 

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I’ve no idea about that but I do know it was well known inside the club towards the end of last season that the wage bill had to be cut, and the higher ups wanted to sell the silver. I’ve no idea about the coaches, but the players were not happy about it given they’d had a decent season and everyone had bought into the project.

I assume that had the biggest impact on the morale of the team.

Ok lads - well done on 7th (thank fuck you didn’t make the playoffs). We actually thought you are shitter than this  hence all the bonus clauses in contracts - we never thought you’d trigger them so well done but don’t do it again 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or JRC on the right and Chrisene on the left

Maybe, but I’ve not seen anything to say Chrisene is any good going forward. He was very limited against Huddersfield and I was amazed he got MOTM yesterday on the ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Maybe, but I’ve not seen anything to say Chrisene is any good going forward. He was very limited against Huddersfield and I was amazed he got MOTM yesterday on the ground.

I thought he was best player yesterday. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What wrong with the system we play which is 4-2-3-1 formation? What would you change? 

I’d reign in the gung ho approach generally. Things like stopping overcommitting full backs and midfielders forward so that when the opposition breaks we are either 1v1 or outnumbered. Happened loads yesterday and we were fortunate their striker was worse than Jason Robert’s at taking chances.

I’d also focus on getting the ball forward quicker, we take that long the opposition have regrouped and we create nothing of note as a result. It also causes us an issue in defence as we get penned in and make mistakes leading to opposition chances. Scott Wharton and Dom Hyam are there to defend not play like Tugay in his prime so get the ball off them and up the pitch.

From a formation point of view it probably looks like having fullbacks instead of wingbacks and at least two defensive mids. Then build from there after we get some clean sheets and maybe some 1-0 wins.

Do I get the job Chaddy?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I’d reign in the gung ho approach generally. Things like stopping overcommitting full backs and midfielders forward so that when the opposition breaks we are either 1v1 or outnumbered. Happened loads yesterday and we were fortunate their striker was worse than Jason Robert’s at taking chances.

I’d also focus on getting the ball forward quicker, we take that long the opposition have regrouped and we create nothing of note as a result. It also causes us an issue in defence as we get penned in and make mistakes leading to opposition chances. Scott Wharton and Dom Hyam are there to defend not play like Tugay in his prime so get the ball off them and up the pitch.

From a formation point of view it probably looks like having fullbacks instead of wingbacks and at least two defensive mids. Then build from there after we get some clean sheets and maybe some 1-0 wins.

Do I get the job Chaddy?

No, we'd still get beat.

Why did you let Siggy leave Chrisene on his own?

Why did you let Moran lose the ball all the time?

Why didn't Dolan score?

Why couldn't Telalovic get his shot on target in the last five minutes?

All your fault, you should be making the players better.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

He looked better than he did against Huddersfield but his most memorable contribution was when some QPR player tore him a new one on the wing. Slows up play and doesn't look like he can offer much going forward. Still early days though, hopefully he can improve.

Edited by Inferi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Inferi said:

He looked better than he did against Huddersfield but his most memorable contribution was when some no name QPR player tore him a new one on the wing. Slows up play and doesn't look like he can offer much going forward. Still early days though, hopefully he can improve.

Yep. I think my two major recollections are him missing that first half chance and then in the second half when their lad ran that wide he was almost buying a pie in Leavers and yet still took the ball all the way into our box.

edit - he did make a good back post headed clearance under pressure. Not saying he was worse than anyone else. Just thought he was as poor as the rest, Pears excluded.

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given the fact we completely ballsed up the signing of a lad from 100 miles away and another lad from 15 miles away in  last midseaon window I thought we were being really optimistic trying to sign a lad from another continent and another time zone.

Whilst having to get the ‘go ahead’ from a third one…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wish that throughout the entire club from CEO to fans, we would stop blaming someone else, and try to find a workable answer to our on-field problems.

Which will never  happen with all the shenanigans happening  off it and  the imbeciles running it ... come on folks  finally wake up and smell the coffee for christ sakes!!

rinse repeat rinse repeat.. nothing changes

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Do I get the job Chaddy?

Absolutely agree with this... We need back to basics. I know JDT will say if we are not ultra offensive we wont score goals as we lack quality up top.... But whats the point in being ultra offensive if you ship goals at the rate we are???

We really should be going back to playing deep and hitting on the break. With the like of McFadz and Fleck they are not going to be running around anyway.

Id go 343 and just look to make it very difficult for the opposition by sitting deep and look to Gallagher, Szmodics, JRC and Dolan to make the most of counters. Don't over commit.

Pears

Hyam.   McFadz.  Wharton 

JRC.     Tronstad.    Fleck.   Chrisene

Dolan.   Gallagher  Szmodics.   

If fleck isn't fit put Garrett in there. Main instruction is forget about overloads, nice one twos etc. Win the first ball and the second ball in the air or on the ground. And break quickly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, goozburger said:

Here it is.

For what it's worth, a professional sportsperson can get their visa processed within five working days. That's the fastest you can do it. That's what Tomasson will have been through when he first joined and why we didn't see him for several days if people recall.

I'm not saying Rovers aren't prone to cocking things up, but on this occasion, I really do think it's a total nonsense article because it's likely McGuire's visa simply hasn't been fully processed given that it's only been one working day since he signed. I repeat, it was also reported yesterday that he wouldn't be able to play today which I think is for the aforementioned reason, and why all our other signings were fine to go ahead and play.

If you take a close read of the Rovers official article of his signature, they say in black and white that it is pending international clearance and visa approval. Those are the things that take time. The article by Talbot, however, is claiming that we didn't submit paperwork in time.

I would be amazed if the club would publish that article in full knowledge that the paperwork hadn't been submitted properly and on time. I'm sure they will have had confirmation by the EFL before announcing the signing and the formality of the work visa clearance.

I'm a big bloody fool and should have known better than to give this lot the benefit of the doubt. What a joke.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CAPT KAYOS said:

Which will never  happen with all the shenanigans happening  off it and  the imbeciles running it ... come on folks  finally wake up and smell the coffee for christ sakes!!

rinse repeat rinse repeat.. nothing changes

Some people won't accept that nothing will change. They think we'll get a bit of luck from somewhere.

I suppose I was that way for a while, hoping they'd chance upon a winning formula. The truth is there's no winning formula under these scum of the Earth trust fund baby degenerates.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Agreed him and Pears were the only two that deserved praise I thought. Gally put a shift in as well.

I'd agree with that, maybe throw Tronstad in as he at least kept going and kept the ball moving. A goal always gets forgotten when you lose, but good to see Gallagher score again, 2 in a week, let's hope he can keep it going. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don’t think it’s a problem with formation but philosophy. Our wing backs seem to be instructed to get into the attacks, without the center miss sliding into cover. The result is we’re often 2 v 2 at the back on the counter. Additionally we are poor at closing down dangerous opportunities at or near the top of our box. The attitude of the side seems very attacking but it leaves us exposed on the counter. 

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

Do I get the job Chaddy?

No. 

JDT has his style of play/principles of play and he isn't willing to change it. I think you could make some tweeks to it like 2 defensive midfield in front of the back 4 instead of one, or our full backs over lapping inside instead off under lapping and drifting into CM roles with our wide players drifting inside and our wing back providing the width. 

19 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I don’t think it’s a problem with formation but philosophy. Our wing backs seem to be instructed to get into the attacks, without the center miss sliding into cover. The result is we’re often 2 v 2 at the back on the counter. Additionally we are poor at closing down dangerous opportunities at or near the top of our box. The attitude of the side seems very attacking but it leaves us exposed on the counter. 

Yes they are asked to do that, That's how JDT wants to play

• Like 1

I’ve just about had it with the “where would you be without the owners putting £20,000,000 pounds in a year” group. I don’t think they should get credit for doing the minimally required responsibility of ownership, paying the bills. Any owner would have to do that. Good owners pay the bills and run the organization in a way to drive value and achieve the companies mission. 

Edited by yankfan
Quotes

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they are asked to do that, That's how JDT wants to play

I think that’s the biggest change he can make. We don’t have the players for that currently. Maybe when our first choice backs were fit, and Wharton was here.  Also when Carter is a CB there’s more pace. We concede possession too easily and in the wrong moments which leaves us exposed. Unfortunately our backs in the attack are how we create most of our chances so it’ll probably come at a cost. 

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I’ve just about had it with the “where would you be without the owners putting £20,000,000 pounds in a year” group. I don’t think they should get credit for doing the minimally required responsibility of ownership, paying the bills. Any owner would have to do that. Good owners pay the bills and run the organization in a way to drive value and achieve the companies mission. 

Where would we be if Venky's hadn't bought the club is another hypothetical that I wonder about. I certainly don't think the debt would stand at £160m+, and we wouldn't have lost thousands of supporters.

• Like 2