BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

At 29 is he going to do much better than a bottom half PL side?

I’d say he’d be happy with that (with the trebling of his wages too, so setting him up for life with his last big contract too)

• Like 5

The Wharton and Raya money is already gone to cover the Venky financial failings in my opinion.

if we do sell Sammy in the summer hopefully at least some of that would be reinvested. It wouldn’t surprise me if we are looking at frees and loans again though now Venkys have a taste for keeping their money in their pocket.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd be amazed if we spent any money.

Isn't the delayed court case now in August? They simply won't authorise any spending until that's resolved. 

Me too, any income from transfer fees will be swallowed up by the Chicken Chokers. I’d be amazed if we spent anything like the sort of fees we spent on Wahlstedt and O’Riordan this close season.

5 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe Arsenal have confirmed to Brentford they are going ahead with buying Raya.

If they don't, Brentford will have both the current Dutch and Spanish national keepers on their books. Brentford!

Which is my way of saying Brentford will probably sell Raya irrespective.

As for Nixon, my opinions are well known and vented.

I suspect we are in for a wholesale trading summer.

No we won't be spending anything like all the Wharton cash (Adam is close to triggering much of the 5m add ons) and Raya money but I wouldn't be surprised to see net transfer outgoings close to 10m plus whatever Travis, Dolan, Gallagher, Szmodics and at least one of our two keepers raise when sold ....

The challenge will be to do a Brentford and not a Bristol City.

Over to Broughton to show us what he is worth and that he can find somebody in Blackburn capable of pushing the send button on time.

It wont be down to Broughton most likely because the issue is usually taken out out of staff members hands. I would be amazed if we spent £10m plus further sales, absolutely amazed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It wont be down to Broughton most likely because the issue is usually taken out out of staff members hands. I would be amazed if we spent £10m plus further sales, absolutely amazed. 

there may be players added in the summer but it will be on the cheap,likewise i`de be amazed if we invested the wharton and raya money,not that i trust broughton or kimberley to bring in any quality,both of them stealing a living imo,we need to jettison both of them and go back to the mowbray method of the manager picking  the players he wants

I think we will have transfer budget of around £6m plus part any fees for players sold during the summer. It will be interesting to see where we strengthen and how. We know we need a quality striker for sure, back up right back, possible Szmodics replacement, Keeper if Eustace wanted a new one who maybe he is happy with Pears and Wahlstedt for example. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he is happy with the 2 keepers then he hasnt been watching properly. That being said, with both signing contracts this year and the Wharton funds disappearing, he may have to pretend he is.

Pears nearly made a mistake with the Aribo header, failed to push it over and luckily avoided it rebounding off him into the net.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will have transfer budget of around £6m plus part any fees for players sold during the summer. It will be interesting to see where we strengthen and how. We know we need a quality striker for sure, back up right back, possible Szmodics replacement, Keeper if Eustace wanted a new one who maybe he is happy with Pears and Wahlstedt for example. 

be lucky if we spend over a million quid,which won`t get you much as we all know,get ready for the announcement of a healthy budget then after the season tickets sales have reached their measly target a notification that there won`t be any money after all,meanwhile smzodics,carter,hyam and tronstadt are attracting attention from other clubs in the division,we know the drill after 14 years don`t we😩

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Harry Leonard may be the new Sammie next season under JE.

I think he'd thrive playing out wide at this level. 

He's not tall / physical enough to lead the line as a #9 - not with his lack of extreme pace - but I think he'd be a handful wide in a 3 with his close control, passing and vision.

He could play as a #10 too, but they're queuing up to play there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, blondie said:

Pears nearly made a mistake with the Aribo header, failed to push it over and luckily avoided it rebounding off him into the net.

He's a bad GK.

Priority #1 has to be to resolve the GK position in the summer. After that we need pace, physicality and goals upfront (across the front 3). 

We'll have had a successful summer if Hedges is relegated to the bench and Gallagher isn't our starting #9 (ideally he's sold and the money / wages reinvested, but I highly doubt that). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

10p more like 

VENKYSCUM OUT 

Guys, if you disagree fine but only 2 summers ago we spent money and all 3 permanent signings are key players for us currently. 

On the keepers situation, Eustace might be happy with his options at keeper side and his focus might be that striker who could get us 20 goals a season striker 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You don’t think there may be a fair few more issues at the club financially than two summers ago?

We have just sold Wharton for 22m plus Raya money and maybe more in the summer depending if anyone is sold. Plus comments from Waggott seems like the India situation shouldn't affect us this summer. We see in the summer and by what happens not now

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guys, if you disagree fine but only 2 summers ago we spent money and all 3 permanent signings are key players for us currently. 

On the keepers situation, Eustace might be happy with his options at keeper side and his focus might be that striker who could get us 20 goals a season striker 

are you smoking jamaican woodbines

• Like 3

6 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe Arsenal have confirmed to Brentford they are going ahead with buying Raya.

If they don't, Brentford will have both the current Dutch and Spanish national keepers on their books. Brentford!

Which is my way of saying Brentford will probably sell Raya irrespective.

As for Nixon, my opinions are well known and vented.

I suspect we are in for a wholesale trading summer.

No we won't be spending anything like all the Wharton cash (Adam is close to triggering much of the 5m add ons) and Raya money but I wouldn't be surprised to see net transfer outgoings close to 10m plus whatever Travis, Dolan, Gallagher, Szmodics and at least one of our two keepers raise when sold ....

The challenge will be to do a Brentford and not a Bristol City.

Over to Broughton to show us what he is worth and that he can find somebody in Blackburn capable of pushing the send button on time.

Hi Phil

Do you know if we have a sell on % for AW and if so how much?

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too, any income from transfer fees will be swallowed up by the Chicken Chokers. I’d be amazed if we spent anything like the sort of fees we spent on Wahlstedt and O’Riordan this close season.

I'd say IF there is any money that's exactly what it will be and what they are 'investing' in.

A couple of unproven in this league 500k signings, that seems to be the model we just have to hope Greggs stick a pin in a bargain basement roulette wheel comes up trumps with at least one of them.

• Like 1