BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

. Plus comments from Waggott seems like the India situation shouldn't affect us this summer. We see in the summer and by what happens not now

There is no money from India until at least after August 20 therefore there is no money for transfers.

• Like 5

In the event we stay up and Huddersfield go down I wouldn’t be surprised if we paid a decent fee for Jack Rudoni. Been impressed every time we’ve played them. Head and shoulders above the rest and still only 22, fits the mould. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Reda Khadra, with the club and JE links from Birmingham. 

I expect 3/4 low fees for players aged between 21 and 24 and nothing much else.

szmodics to be sold, Travis to return and play regularly under JE.

4 minutes ago, FE123 said:

In the event we stay up and Huddersfield go down I wouldn’t be surprised if we paid a decent fee for Jack Rudoni. Been impressed every time we’ve played them. Head and shoulders above the rest and still only 22, fits the mould. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Reda Khadra, with the club and JE links from Birmingham. 

I expect 3/4 low fees for players aged between 21 and 24 and nothing much else.

szmodics to be sold, Travis to return and play regularly under JE.

no way travis gets picked ahead of tronstadt and jrc,both of them are far better,only way travis gets back in the team is if tronstadt gets sold in the summer,id`e have him back as a right back,a position where he`s quite good

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no way travis gets picked ahead of tronstadt and jrc,both of them are far better,only way travis gets back in the team is if tronstadt gets sold in the summer,id`e have him back as a right back,a position where he`s quite good

Or JE decides to play three central midfielders.

Edited by rigger

Can't believe anyone would buy Waggots comments about the situation in India where hes just repeated what was on the so called owners statement.

Last year he said the situation was all in hand and would be sorted in March, it wasn't.

He is winging it as usual he hasn't a clue what is happening all he knows is some money has come in from transfers and some more will.  So he creates the impression the owners are able to send money, the only time we know that's true is when one of the various things on companies house makes an entry.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

JRC plays 20 games a season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

There is no money from India until at least after August 20 therefore there is no money for transfers.

The club has generated it own money from selling Wharton and Raya sell on clause 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club has generated it own money from selling Wharton and Raya sell on clause 

None of which will ever be used to fund the acquisition of replacements. Haven't you twigged yet? Any windfall money coming in from player sales gets mysteriously trousered somewhere between Ewood and Pune, and we continue to reduce operational outgoings (including player wages, maintenance of the stadium and infrastructure, marketing) year on year, with no sign at all of any money flowing from the sale of players to the managers' hit lists.

Wakey wakey!

• Like 9

Good grief.

Yes, the club has generated money, however that cash can now fund day to day operations instead of the owners needing to - it’s not going to be used for £8million’s worth of players coming in.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which needs to be used to pay the running costs of the club as the owner’s can’t send money from India…

It isn’t difficult.

Edit sorry @Mattyblue I’ve now seen you’ve already said this.

Edited by wilsdenrover

7 hours ago, bazza said:

Harry Leonard may be the new Sammie next season under JE.

Its vitally important we stop this mindset of selling our best players is fine because there's always a ready to go replacement in the U21s. It might have happened before but relying on it is so, so dangerous. 

• Like 4

I think we need to trade Travis into someone cheaper and equally good, or better. That shouldn't be a huge problem. If it was true that him and JDT didn't see eye to eye, it looked like he had a lot of support from the player group, so they obviously rate him. S. Wharton came out with some pretty damning comments too, which I thought was a bit over the top to be honest. He's a pro...

If SW is in charge of negotiating then it will be a long summer before we get a striker in, if at all.

Szmodics I would ask north of £10m for, he might have had a clause inserted as he was already in red-hot form when he signed his new deal. We really shouldn't stand in his way if he wants to leave, he's been carrying us all season. But don't let him go to a division rival please.

If we have no money then feel like Keshi Anderson would be a player Eustace would want in. 

Out of contract in summer and played under Eustace at Brum. He’s experienced and is quite direct, something we lack…Liked him a lot at Blackpool…Replacement for Szmodics possibly? Of course not expecting the goals return… I’d like to think GB can get a decent striker through the door after his 100th time trying.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Its vitally important we stop this mindset of selling our best players is fine because there's always a ready to go replacement in the U21s. It might have happened before but relying on it is so, so dangerous. 

Conspiracy theory!

Get behind the lads FFS!

Etc...

I am fully expecting more downgrading and relegation next season. Someone has obviously done some number crunching and decided a league one club is cheaper to run than a championship one.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guys, like I said I have given my opinion what I think will happen this summer. If you disagree fine and if it doesn't happen then come back me at the end of the summer window 

I think the reason you’ve been questioned a bit on it is because you’ve suggested money available for transfers but in the next breath said that the money we’ve bought in from the transfers will be used for running costs as we can’t get money from India until late August. 

I think that’s the issue. The money can’t be used twice (unless you think there’s enough for both which I can’t see tbf).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Hi Phil

Do you know if we have a sell on % for AW and if so how much?

I believe 15% of any profit above what they initially eventually pay.

So 15% on anything above 23.5m.

My estimate is going off Broughton interview and our Fair Play headroom.

10m is roughly a third of the Wharton and Raya contributions so 20m disappears...

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have just sold Wharton for 22m plus Raya money and maybe more in the summer depending if anyone is sold. Plus comments from Waggott seems like the India situation shouldn't affect us this summer. We see in the summer and by what happens not now

Can I genuinely offer you a bit of advice as a fellow support. Please take what Waggott says with a pinch of salt.

He told me face to face, that the funds would be coming in February to keep the club afloat and stated that we only had enough to keep us going until February, back in November.

That now has to mean that the Wharton and Raya money will be used to fund the clubs day to day costs and not transfers. Any future sales in the summer, are highly unlikely to be used to strengthen, so there is a strong possibility that we go into next season, even weaker.

I hate to sound overly pessimistic, but my view on the Indian court decision, is is certainly not a foregone conclusion, which is what Waggott stated about the February hearing and is now doing to again, about August. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, lraC said:

Can I genuinely offer you a bit of advice as a fellow support. Please take what Waggott says with a pinch of salt.

He told me face to face, that the funds would be coming in February to keep the club afloat and stated that we only had enough to keep us going until February, back in November.

That now has to mean that the Wharton and Raya money will be used to fund the clubs day to day costs and not transfers. Any future sales in the summer, are highly unlikely to be used to strengthen, so there is a strong possibility that we go into next season, even weaker.

I hate to sound overly pessimistic, but my view on the Indian court decision, is is certainly not a foregone conclusion, which is what Waggott stated about the February hearing and is now doing to again, about August. 

The guy is a proven liar. I wouldn't believe a single word he says.

• Like 6

Waggot is just doing as he's always done and that is covering for the owners and protecting his own position. All he's bothered about is getting to the end of the season then hitting his ST income target to ensure another year of wages.

Year to year winger who has NEVER had a long term plan other than the cost cutting downgrading one because that's all he knows.

It needs pinning on here that this is the second time in 6 months hes said the issues in India should be resolved.

Also Broughton, he said publicly he'd been assured there''d be Wharton money to spend but he also said last season he'd have the same budget.

Might as well scroll their words on bog paper the pair of them because that's where it'll end up.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And still you tow the party lies. Pray tell how it's worked so far ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The guy is a proven liar. I wouldn't believe a single word he says.

He a vile sub human liar. I'd rather drink his magic tea with the likes of Gary Glitter or kompany  over this blood sucking fat two hat. 

• Like 2